Whats your ethnic background?

Dad: Puerto Rican

Mom: Irish

Both: German

Last edited:
Since everyone started out in the cradle of civilization, I'm african american.

Father's side: NZ

Mother: British
Maternal Grandmother: British
Maternal Grandfather: Scottish

I always though it weird how Americans claim their "ethnicity" based on ... what? You're American!

I'm Jewish, but I don't go around saying, "POLISH PRIDE! GERMAN PRIDE!" etc because my great great whatevers came from Europe. :lol:

Paradoxically, I think some of it comes from white shame. I once encountered some people who believed that I had no right to be living where I was living because of my Native ancestry (implied-- a threat that they would deport me to a reservation). I responded by moving to Wisconsin, where I have somewhat less than 25% "right" to be living where I am living.

See any parallels?

LOL-- irony-- the ad showing below my post.

Paradoxically, I think some of it comes from white shame. I once encountered some people who believed that I had no right to be living where I was living because of my Native ancestry (implied-- a threat that they would deport me to a reservation). I responded by moving to Wisconsin, where I have somewhat less than 25% "right" to be living where I am living.

See any parallels?

LOL-- irony-- the ad showing below my post.

OR...white people just don't want to be "Wonder Bread" boring !

It was a Mormon ad.
Oh, it keeps changing. Right now it's for Frontsight Firearms Training. A few minutes ago, it was for Toyota Highlander.

Now Coldwell Banker.

OR...white people just don't want to be "Wonder Bread" boring !
My ancestors were white but I don't think they were boring. :lol:

I don't think the ancestral stories of any families are boring. :)

Family history is an interesting subject, and can be very therapeutic. That is a Mormon belief, but I don't subscribe to their deeper implications.

Everyone needs to have access to it. My major disagreement is that nobody should be discriminated against because of it.

I made a promise to myself that I would not discuss that in depth on this board. :wave:

Last edited:
Irish on both sides however we have some Cherokee blended in with all of that. Maybe that partially explains the temper. :shock:

How can you be ethnically Deaf?

re: white people being boring. I don't think my ANCESTRY is boring at all! But I think that white people think saying "white" makes them look boring. "Irish" "German", or "Native American" sounds...glamorous somehow. I mean, no one here wants to associate themselves with White Pride.

Back