What's great about being single?

I love my husband, but this thread made me want to be single! I miss those days

It can be fun for being single. I feel more freedom for living alone with my cat. LOL.

much peaceful without a guy around....
need time alone
be able to do things to finish the house...

1. Your clutter is your own, you don't have to worry about playing maid for anyone but you and your guests.
2. Freedom to do what you want
3. Look how you want, have YOUR own identity.
4. You can have that fur animal you always wanted without someone else (except maybe a landlord) disapprove it.

This thread reminds me of something my mother used to say, "Marry in haste, repent at leisure."

She also used to tell me, "Choosing a mate is like choosing a pair of shoes. First you try them on, walk around the store. If at an point they bind, pinch, squeak, or rub -- Don't buy them. They will only cause you blisters, sore feet, and you will have to throw them away."

It is better to be alone than with the wrong person.

I like the fact that I wouldn't have anyone around telling me what I am doing wrong. I wouldn't have someone there every day telling me I should do this or that or that I need to look this certain way or whatever. But I'm already single - the ones who do this to me are my parents.

Yesterday we were discussing Kim Kardashian's wedding/divorce and I said I would never get married again. Then my mom pipes up and says "That would be a wonderful idea." then another family member says "Yeah, considering you don't pick the right ones."

At this point in time I feel like I would be better off alone just so I can have some peace.

Besides, I'm going to be single for a while looks like because I'm unmarketable. So, without marriage there's no one to cut you down, there's no one to cut you to the heart, there's no one to say things that make you want to say goodbye.

For me, being single is better than being married. One bad round was enough for me. I'm afraid to go back for another.

^^^Aw Dixie! The good ones don't cut you down - and some of them are good.

I told my husband when we were first together that being with him was as good as being alone. And he took it for the compliment that it was. He understood completely.

The best things about single life is not having to have someone in your business. Not having to give yourself to another person. You don't have to worry where the other person is because they are no ties. It's like a prepaid cellphone, no contract. Married life has its positive points, but I do like the thrill of the chase. I'm ready! Lady bring your booty to NYC, we need to paint the town red!

Back