What's great about being single?

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
A bit of a response to the 'What's great about being married?' thread.

1. You can come and go as you please and don't have to answer to anyone.
2. You make your own rules.
3. You have freedom to talk to who you want and do what you want.
4. You only have to worry about doing for yourself instead of having to do for everyone else.

:wave:

I like being single becuz I like my quiet time, and would not want to be around someone 24/7....been single since '83. Can't deal with a "clinger" and I need my space, plus I'm a free-spirit and do exactly what I want to do, no questions asked. Just having "good friends" works for me, taking care of my own responsibilities also and making my own decisions.

I like my Independence and I never want to be married to a controlling man. I'm very much a free spirit myself. I am not as Independent as I would like though.

I can pick my own color scheme for the walls and buy the kind of furniture I want. I can make my own one-pot meal - less stuff to wash.

Also - the grocery bill tends to be far far less!!! :lol:

great about be single for me
1. Went to fishing and hunting alone then I enjoy it.
2. went to club and social around
3. less grocery

The only laundry I have to do is my own....

If I want a pink bedroom, or a lavender bedroom, I can.

No one expects me to ask "permission" to do anything.

Hey Im going to play golf
woof
Hey Im going to the beach
woof
Hey Im going to the game
woof
Hey Im going for a steak
Bring back the scra.....
What did you just say?
woof

But the thrill is gone now.

this is a good list guys, seriously. I think it'll help those of us who are struggling with the pros of it.

If you think it's good to be single, that may mean you have gave up on having a relationship. Not a good thing for someone who wants to have a relationship. You either want to be single or in a relationship. Not in the middle.

If you think it's good to be single, that may mean you have gave up on having a relationship. Not a good thing for someone who wants to have a relationship. You either want to be single or in a relationship. Not in the middle.

Oh, I don't know about that. I think it's fine to enjoy whatever state you happen to be in, whether it's single, dating several people, dating just one person, engaged, married. It's good to be happy with life. I've got a theory that someone who is happy and involved with different things and open to new experiences is likely to be, and to be able to find, a better partner than someone who is constantly worried about being single. Also you have to know your own worth, not settle for someone just because that someone happened to come along and you were desperate to not be single any more.

I was single long enough to reap the benefits of it: to finish my education, travel, save some money, live in a few different places. I learned something from every boyfriend who came along; there is one in particular I have to thank for teaching me the ins and outs of baseball strategy and turning me into a life-long Red Sox fan.

When I finally met my husband, I was both ready to settle down and think about getting married, and not desperate to do so.

Now I'll admit I never particularly yearned to have a child. If I had felt that, I might have wanted to marry earlier. But as it was, I was quite happy being single for a good long time. (By single I mean "not married;" I certainly had some very good relationships with different boyfriends along the way.)

You avoid jealousy if you want to go visit your family or if you want to have a weekend getaway with your friends.

There certainly is a middle!!

I've been single for 2 1/2yrs now and it's not by choice... However, I'm learning to enjoy what comes with being single...

1. I can do whatever I want without "checking to see if I have plans first"
2. I haven't shaved my legs for like a month
3. I can go a week without texting or calling anybody without having to worry about hurting anyone's feelings.
4. I can spread across my whole bed!

There are plenty more reasons I enjoy being single but that doesn't mean I don't want a relationship... It means I'm enjoying my LIFE and having a LIFE and not waiting around for a guy to come along.

Uhh, there is NOTHING wrong with being single even for life. Jesus was single until death. Bible doesn't say you must have a relationship and marry someone else. Didn't you know that singleness is a gift from the Almighty?? So what's your point? Otherwise, any man who says he's desperate, lonely, and says that he must have to have a woman to fulfill in his life...does definitely scare me away.:aw:
It's just a choice of free will for each one wants to have a relationship or not, for that in their happiness being single, so be it.

Back