What was the last movie you watched?

The Purge...
what a movie...

good to watch if your're bored...

and its kinda chilling to think of such a thing could turn out

i like their use of 'make believe media' as a means of suspension of belief, its so convincing its really effective in placing an atmosphere for this film...
i liked it

not terribly gory and not terribly predictable, not a bad balance really.
but its not for minors or immature people who don't appreciate law and society properly...it can be quite disturbing

in a different way though, i liked it how the film shows how ****ed up people can be, when they actually believes in norms, (like Christmas is 'nice' but ignores the poor' and such like, even ignores the revealing things like reluctance to continue a relationship, or 'going home where hate still lingers' or whatever...but for this film it was like a (to me) a reverse, please yourself to hurt the ones you really depise, to hell with consquences, but at same time the 'society's values' of this 'once a year' celebration of killing (in the film they call it 'rebirth of the nation') they pretence isnt there at all it's so frankly unlike christmas...it really got me thinking...

anyway enough of my babbling on bullshit lol,, but year what a film i was abit enthralled into it and at same time...thinking what if oil DID run out this won't be a once-a-year killing is free for all...its would be continuous daily...much worse than zombies....that's VERY SCARY....

anyways wanna watch something with bit of thrill, and killings and bit of society's ideas throw up in air for some spin (think Logan's Run as for limit to live, that sort of society's value can have greater effects over minds...)

ok ok id shut up, get that film and some popcorn, its not a bad movies, but its not for younger people even though there nowhere as much gore as Saw series, the idea behind society is disturbing enough...

i liked it...but would not want this to happen at all...it could...as away of reducing population...just think it might...it also shows that when law is irrelevant,,,shit man....I don't wanna an anarchist society NO way

Last edited:
Just Like Dad

Just Like Dad (TV Movie 1995) - IMDb

Purchased the VHS tape off Amazon and 1-2 weeks later, Good Will had the DVD unopened so I copped that.

I hate when that happens. I found a movie, lets say it's $7, but then a few days later I found the same movie in a different place for a dollar! (I always throw away my receipts by the end of day so I guess i learned my lesson.) Damn! Sometimes it's hard to be patient and sometimes I didn't think I'd be lucky to find good movies for cheap.

Saw Hangover III and The Croods.

Hangover III isn't as funny as the first one or second. It's just okay.

The Croods is funny and enjoyable movie.

forgot i watch captin corellia mandolin fell asleep before end watch bridget jones last night fell asleep,only wanted see colin firth who not in next bridget jones

The Lone Ranger...its excellent...just a good hollywood treat for the family, kind of nice to see a bit of 'indiana jones' type of adventure, those chases and sheer luck...if you want realism or fed up lack of it, dont watch this, if you want to watch a 'popcorn movie' then you'd enjoy this one...i liked it...not too bad
abit long though

Last edited:
the conjuring , is so and so....but ok scary if especially if its true story and how they described evil 'things' are vessals not to be destroyed but kept away in safe places...forbid that !!!!

Ip Man 2 - I didn't know it was about Bruce Lee's teacher.

Yes and no, not really - Ip Man had a dramatic life but it was really overblown for the movies, but still wonderful films. Wong Kar Wai has a film, also of Ip Man called, The Grandmaster, which has gotten good reviews and it's playing in a few cinemas in the States. Ip Man: The Final Fight - not a Donnie Yen film either but stars Anthony Wong, a wonderful actor that gave a great performance in the Herman Yau version. All worth checking out if you like the Wing Chun style.

Yes and no, not really - Ip Man had a dramatic life but it was really overblown for the movies, but still wonderful films. Wong Kar Wai has a film, also of Ip Man called, The Grandmaster, which has gotten good reviews and it's playing in a few cinemas in the States. Ip Man: The Final Fight - not a Donnie Yen film either but stars Anthony Wong, a wonderful actor that gave a great performance in the Herman Yau version. All worth checking out if you like the Wing Chun style.

they make wingchun looks so easy...bong sao, tau sao...

Back