What is printed on NTID Degree?

DeafBadger

Ad Astra Per Aspera
Premium Member
Reaction score
This question ties into another thread that asked whether it was a good idea to mention that one is deaf or hard of hearing during a job interview. There were a number of different opinions on that.

My question now is, when one gets a degree from NTID, what does one actually get that degree from? Is it from NTID? Or RIT? What school name is printed on the degree?

My worry is that an employer will see the name NTID and not hire me. But given that NTID boasts a 94% hire rate for their graduates, I'm probably worrying too much.

Both really,
The headline if I recall correctly would print RIT, then bottom "a college of NTID". That is the advantage of getting Degree from NTID than Gallaudet cause RIT is much more recognized than Gally.

This question ties into another thread that asked whether it was a good idea to mention that one is deaf or hard of hearing during a job interview. There were a number of different opinions on that.

My question now is, when one gets a degree from NTID, what does one actually get that degree from? Is it from NTID? Or RIT? What school name is printed on the degree?

My worry is that an employer will see the name NTID and not hire me. But given that NTID boasts a 94% hire rate for their graduates, I'm probably worrying too much.

Last edited:
My understanding is that if the degree is from ntid then rit and ntid are on the diploma. But you would not have the stigma of ntid if you cross registered. For rit and your degree was from rit

Ask the Registrar at the college.

Thanks for your replies. I'll ask the Registrar to find out for sure. If it headlines with "RIT", I'll be happy with that.

Stigma? What stigma? I mean it's not like you're graduating from the Insistute of Defectology, or one of those for profit "colleges"

Both really,
The headline if I recall correctly would print RIT, then bottom a college of NTID. That is the advantage of getting Degree from NTID than Gallaudet cause RIT is much more recognized than Gally.
I think you're correct.

NTID is one of RIT's 8 colleges. So, the degree would say RIT and underneath would probably say NTID so they know what college you graduated from.

However, when someone asks you what you got... you would simply say that you got a (insert kind of degree) degree from RIT.

From what I know, the diploma will show both RIT and NTID.

Oh "NTID boasts a 94% hire rate"---It is sounds too good to be true, and I am sorry to say it is a bit overstated. Never mind with today economy and employment rate. :roll:

What are you plan to major in?

If you only take or took classes at NTID and specific NTID courses than you're degree will be an Associates degree from NTID i believe. If you take courses at NTID and courses at the other colleges and are going for a Bachelors degree, it will say NTID/ RIT. If you are a cross registered student and only take RIT courses, not specifically registered NTID courses, than your degree will say RIT.

Back