What happens if the Supreme Court strikes down 'Obamacare'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are allowed under commerce clause.

If you don't like it so Tenth Amendment need be redefinition because it is not clear or not enough detailed to override the commerce clause.

Now, the case via Supreme Court will be opinion, not fact that based on the constitution. It is known as judicial activism and it have been for many years.

If states decide to refuse to follow so they could lose the federal funding - remember about federal speed limit at 55.

I'm not just talking about Obamacare and the mandate. I'm asking if you think there are any legal restrictions on what the federal government can do.

Perhaps you missed the part where I asked you a question first? One you keep ignoring in the interest of being snide?

oh my.... rather hostile, aren't you? rolling7 and now you?

where and what was the question?

I'm not just talking about Obamacare and the mandate. I'm asking if you think there are any legal restrictions on what the federal government can do.

Yup, some of them like we cannot completely banned on guns or banned on Americans from buy any cars they like, they can't censor our speech, etc.

Same goes with local and state too.

oh my.... rather hostile, aren't you? rolling7 and now you?

where and what was the question?

See post #147 and stop playing games because you already know where the questions are.

After you hijacked my thread, you can't expect me to be happy can you?

See post #147 and stop playing games because you already know where the questions are.

This thread isn't yours.

Well, you are playing game with everybody. :aw:

see Post #150.

I'm sorry but you need to start acting like an adult by accepting responsibilities. Several of your threads and posts have been deleted so far. It's time you start acting like a responsible adult and learn how to engage in intellectual conversation with opposing views.

Don't hold your breath Grayma.....looks like you are never going to get your questions answered.

Yup, some of them like we cannot completely banned on guns or banned on Americans from buy any cars they like, they can't censor our speech, etc.

Same goes with local and state too.

Wait, what?

Let me see if I understand you.

The federal government cannot completely ban guns.
The Federal gov't cannot ban Americans from buying any cars they like.
The Fed gov't cannot censor speech.

But it CAN tell us to purchase a product whether we want it or not, and it CAN tell us what product to purchase? Why? What gives them that authority that does not also give them the authority to tell us what cars we can and can't buy?

You know the one form of health insurance that it makes sense for healthy young people to buy is catastrophic health insurance, and the mandate forbids them for purchasing just that coverage, right.

how is that different from cars?

Also, the gov't does ban us from purchasing certain cars. we cannot purchase any cars we like. For instance, I would like a jeepni such as they drive in the Philippines. Can't buy it. Can't drive it here.

Don't hold your breath Grayma.....looks like you are never going to get your questions answered.

So it would seem. Disappointing, but not really surprising.

I wonder why the refusal to answer?

*groan*

No use in forming an argument using logic.

Wait, what?

But it CAN tell us to purchase a product whether we want it or not, and it CAN tell us what product to purchase? Why? What gives them that authority that does not also give them the authority to tell us what cars we can and can't buy?

You know the one form of health insurance that it makes sense for healthy young people to buy is catastrophic health insurance, and the mandate forbids them for purchasing just that coverage, right.

Also, the gov't does ban us from purchasing certain cars. we cannot purchase any cars we like. For instance, I would like a jeepni such as they drive in the Philippines. Can't buy it. Can't drive it here.

actually - you have 4 choices: stick with your current insurance. pick a private insurance of your choosing. apply for government's medical insurance. or not get insurance at all.

Wait, what?

Jiro answered your post #192.

The individual mandate on health insurance will result into larger pool and make more cheap to buy. Uninsured patients have caused cost of health care to drive up. I don't see anything violate the constitution and not sure about Supreme Court will agree with me.

Oh, interesting about cars and not know why.

Oh, interesting about cars and not know why.

biggest factor - it does not meet USA's safety standard and emission regulation - just like Land Rover Defender.

other factor - not profitable

biggest factor - it does not meet USA's safety standard and emission regulation - just like Land Rover Defender.

other factor - not profitable

Oh I see, interesting.

Not sure if it is constitutional.

Hey Grayma, if not in a million years would you accept #182 as a close to real answer, neither would I. I take it all as game playing.

Hey Grayma, if not in a million years would you accept #182 as a close to real answer, neither would I. I take it all as game playing.

did you see "where and what was the question?" part? I'm puzzled why this question hasn't been answered in order for me to answer so-called question.

instead... I've been given bunch of snarky rude remarks which makes it impossible for me to answer so-called question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back