What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can tell the age of a tire by looking at it...

At this point, they're recommending to leave this alone unless the bleeding gets worse. The way they explained this to us, it's different for cats than humans. They think it's unlikely the stones will get worse, and they also feel they're not causing pain. I'm not sure I'm convinced on the pain part, but time will tell. We will be watching over this. She has over-licked her belly fur for weeks now (to the point there is no fur left on her belly) which is a sign of distress or pain, so I'm not quite sure what to think. That may have been from the bladder infection, though, which is finally gone after 3 rounds of antibiotics.

I hope your cat feels better soon!

Learned today is the 1st day of the Hurricane Season....and the 1st Hurricane will be named "Bill"....*knocking on wood*

613499070074lg.jpg

I was trying to veggies , and would not want to put toxic bug spray on my plants. I was using cayenne pepper with some dish detergent mixed with water as a spray . This is a well know homemade bug spray.

I've learned to... not run over pieces of wood with sharp nails pointing out while driving! had a flat tire.... and also learned I can change a tire all by myself with no help! Last 2 times I had to change a tire, I needed help cause I was a weenie! :)

Learned that my car needs a new water pump....*sigh*...Road Service will take it to my mechanic and I'll be out of a car for a day or so.

I've learned to... not run over pieces of wood with sharp nails pointing out while driving! had a flat tire.... and also learned I can change a tire all by myself with no help! Last 2 times I had to change a tire, I needed help cause I was a weenie! :)

Ouch!

I admit I have never learned how to change a tire. I've never had a flat, at least not while driving. Came home one day years ago with a nail in one tire, but it didn't go flat until overnight so I didn't know it until the next morning. hubby changed it for me before I left for work. So I still haven't learned how ..

Ouch!

I admit I have never learned how to change a tire. I've never had a flat, at least not while driving. Came home one day years ago with a nail in one tire, but it didn't go flat until overnight so I didn't know it until the next morning. hubby changed it for me before I left for work. So I still haven't learned how ..

First time I had to change a tire, on my first car, I was at school. My interpreter, a tutor, and a male student all helped me with that one (and another tutor took some photos, thinking it was a good opportunity to show learning can happen at ANY time!). Second time, with my second car, my stepdad helped. Third time was yesterday and I did it on my own. Just having some experience and seeing the changing process from the last two times, that helped so I was able to do it. Was worried I wouldn't be able to get the nuts off but I did it. I was actually having fun doing some actual work, swapping out tires and figuring things out. Went to the tire shop where my mom and stepdad got the tires and they repaired/patched it up free of charge because of the warranty. Yay!

I may have American bull frog tadpole in my pond another escapee they becoming a nuisance,they hitching lifts on veggi fruit etc...yanky grey squirrel did for our beautiful and if I must say superior red and now yanky bull frog which ugliest thing ever seen in my pond....I not happy seeing that

I may have American bull frog tadpole in my pond another escapee they becoming a nuisance,they hitching lifts on veggi fruit etc...yanky grey squirrel did for our beautiful and if I must say superior red and now yanky bull frog which ugliest thing ever seen in my pond....I not happy seeing that

Grey squirrels were intentionally imported to England.

no needed war independence them critters did nice job Yanky amphibians
I never seen tadpole so big going have get wildlife expert come deal with it if is bull frog they will either kill it or send it back.
wHY in heavens sake we want rampant vermin must been for food nobody in right minds want one for pet

I just received the invitation to the first out of state wedding we are going to. I'm kind of ticked off because it states "black tie". We just bought two new suits for my husband. I think when you send out the save the date cards it should let people know then if it is formal or not.

I just received the invitation to the first out of state wedding we are going to. I'm kind of ticked off because it states "black tie". We just bought two new suits for my husband. I think when you send out the save the date cards it should let people know then if it is formal or not.

c03cca04b5e6c82906f13bc3631cba7b.jpg

I learned once again that most designers of evening gowns design for flat chested women. Pain in the butt trying to find something to wear to the weddings.

That some jerk posted spam on Mark's memorial page again !
I send an email to the funeral home asking for I to be removed. Some people are so disrespectful ! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back