What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know that there is a bike called Phoenix? I forgot who made it. I think it was Murray. Either way, it is a department store bike and not a brand name bike.

Am learning C#.net so I can add it to my resume. Since the book is written for a newbie programmer I can skim a lot of it. I just need to learn the syntax since it's slightly different from VB.

I'm learning to be more and more positive every day. It really makes a big difference to make a positive status as opposed to negative status each day. I'm friends with 1 or 2 people from AD on Facebook. I would like to make more friends so that people can read positive comments from my status and learn something from them. Hopefully, I would learn a thing or 2 from your status.

It makes a world of difference being surrounded by positive people as opposed to negative people, YES, IT DOES!!! Looking forward to making more friends---especially with positive minded people.
I was with some older friends that had in recent times gone through Hell. I knew of it and the conversation touched on them but did not dwell on them.
We had some laughs, some companionship, some hospitality, some deeper understanding, it was a genuine visit and uplifting as well. Somewhere in there I asked about how they were keeping their spirits up during what had been a relentless series of events ... they were a couple... so there was that
they both said it thing going on... we can laugh about it or we can cry about
it... sometimes we are struggling hard for the laugh but it is better that way.
It is our choice life goes on...

I am alots of really busy all the times huge overwhelming hard really research and lots of busy all the times doing I work out!

I learned I don't watch the new or read the new often enough.

Wirelessly posted

My Tebow was released from my Patriots :(

I learned something I can't describe in words. I lost someone very close whom I consider a confidant, comrade, family, friend. She waited ...patiently .. for my son to be born before she left this world. She was his great grandmother.

The loss was devastating for the entire family, but we knew it was her time.

When I arrived in the ER, she had just passed, and my grandpa in law, was holding her hand. He was the only calm person in the room. The way he looked at her was indescribable .... just pure love. Her children (my in laws) were overwhelmed with grief. My wife had to be rocked like a little baby by one of the doctors. I had to take my newborn son into another room.

But my grandpa in law ... calm. He just kept looking at her and held her hand. She didn't die in her own arms. Yesterday, when i went to visit him, he couldn't take his eyes off a picture of her :(

So ... what did I learn today?

Every time there is a celebration of life, there will be a time to grieve. Life sometimes belts out a bittersweet melody and all we can do is listen to it.

First time I mentioned it ... I am having a delayed reaction. I had to be the calm collected one.

On my side of the family, specifically, my mother's side, they are Irish Roman Catholics from Brooklyn, New York. I call my grandmother "nana". A long time ago, when her brother passed away, she told me something I will never forget. She said everyone except the Irish have it backwards. She said when a baby is born, the Irish will mourn and grieve that such an innocent little soul is being brought into a world of disappointment and pain. And .. when someone passes, the Irish will celebrate knowing that the person who died has gone to a better place, where there is no more pain. For me though .... it would be hard to celebrate this loss, although I am relieved that she is not in pain anymore.

This is where I am having difficulty explaining what I learned ... I guess I have just never seen, or maybe, never realized, the kind of love I saw in my grandpa's eyes when he was holding my grandma's hand. Even though he was the calmest one in the room, the expression on his face was the loudest. He was teaching everyone in the room how to love and .... how to die. A 93 year old D-Day Veteran, US Navy Officer, roughest, toughest and strongest man I have ever known. When he came to see me when I was holding my son in the other room ... he just smiled and said "She was just making room for the little one"

It hurts .. I just need to get it out is all. I can't express this to my family right now ... it will make them cry even more. maybe after some time has passed, maybe when my son is old enough, I can teach him what I learned from his great grandpa.

I can't express this to my family right now ... it will make them cry even more.

That makes sense - sounds like they're at or past capacity for dealing with the loss for now.

It hurts .. I just need to get it out is all.

Painful, but healthy, I mean the grieving process, you know? It's when people *aren't* hurting at times like this, that's when I really worry about them.

i learnt even actors have dramas....LOL...

Wirelessly posted

Steinhauer said:
I learned something I can't describe in words. I lost someone very close whom I consider a confidant, comrade, family, friend. She waited ...patiently .. for my son to be born before she left this world. She was his great grandmother.

The loss was devastating for the entire family, but we knew it was her time.

When I arrived in the ER, she had just passed, and my grandpa in law, was holding her hand. He was the only calm person in the room. The way he looked at her was indescribable .... just pure love. Her children (my in laws) were overwhelmed with grief. My wife had to be rocked like a little baby by one of the doctors. I had to take my newborn son into another room.

But my grandpa in law ... calm. He just kept looking at her and held her hand. She didn't die in her own arms. Yesterday, when i went to visit him, he couldn't take his eyes off a picture of her :(

So ... what did I learn today?

Every time there is a celebration of life, there will be a time to grieve. Life sometimes belts out a bittersweet melody and all we can do is listen to it.

First time I mentioned it ... I am having a delayed reaction. I had to be the calm collected one.

On my side of the family, specifically, my mother's side, they are Irish Roman Catholics from Brooklyn, New York. I call my grandmother "nana". A long time ago, when her brother passed away, she told me something I will never forget. She said everyone except the Irish have it backwards. She said when a baby is born, the Irish will mourn and grieve that such an innocent little soul is being brought into a world of disappointment and pain. And .. when someone passes, the Irish will celebrate knowing that the person who died has gone to a better place, where there is no more pain. For me though .... it would be hard to celebrate this loss, although I am relieved that she is not in pain anymore.

This is where I am having difficulty explaining what I learned ... I guess I have just never seen, or maybe, never realized, the kind of love I saw in my grandpa's eyes when he was holding my grandma's hand. Even though he was the calmest one in the room, the expression on his face was the loudest. He was teaching everyone in the room how to love and .... how to die. A 93 year old D-Day Veteran, US Navy Officer, roughest, toughest and strongest man I have ever known. When he came to see me when I was holding my son in the other room ... he just smiled and said "She was just making room for the little one"

I am sorry for your loss. I know it's difficult , healing takes time.

they had a great love the grandparents..to leave this world greatly loved and missed shows a great life..sorry for your loss

Side effects of some antibiotics can be nerve damage and detached retinas.

I got stress alots of bad migrance worst to last today!

No Cochlear Implant exercise today. Back to work tomorrow-West Coast swing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back