What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a story about moving in snow. But it was toward the end of winter rather than the beginning.

In March of 1960 we had one of our deeper snows and although the high school was open there was not bus service. My dad usually went to work about the same time several of us started class and would sometimes take us in. That day he tried to back out of the garage which ment going the width of the lot. He got stuck; but not worried because he sold cars and just called the dealership. They sent a pickup after him. They got it stuck and had to send the wrecker after both of them! Several of us didn't get to class.

The next day was better and we did get to class. I got a note from the office that my mother had called to tell me to go to the house we were moving to at the end of the day. The movers had thought they could get through and did. Mom said she would rather mop up melting snow then scrub up mud.

Thinking how amazing it is to finally be home. Picked up Marley, she was super happy to see me. She has been cuddlled up to me since I sat down.

Wish I had the energy to unpack but that it going to have to wait until I feel better.

Came home to some sad news though, a dear family friend passed away last night.

Thinking how amazing it is to finally be home. Picked up Marley, she was super happy to see me. She has been cuddlled up to me since I sat down.

Wish I had the energy to unpack but that it going to have to wait until I feel better.

Can't help but wonder how the trip itself was. I know you mentioned quite a combination of drive and flight on the way. So how was the reverse trip home?

I am sorry to hear about your friend's death . I bet Marley was very comforting for you pets know when their family is sad.

Can't help but wonder how the trip itself was. I know you mentioned quite a combination of drive and flight on the way. So how was the reverse trip home?

Everything went well. The plane was full so there were no extra seats. I couldn't lay down which was a bummer. The flight arrived 15 minutes early but it was pretty bumpy most of the way. Picked up the car from long term parking. Drove to go pick up Marley then home. Home sweet home!!!

Super happy that my hubby had this chance to spend with his siblings but mostly with his father.

Sad for me traveling is just too painful. Going to take a few days to get over this trip.

Everything went well. The plane was full so there were no extra seats. I couldn't lay down which was a bummer. The flight arrived 15 minutes early but it was pretty bumpy most of the way. Picked up the car from long term parking. Drove to go pick up Marley then home. Home sweet home!!!

Super happy that my hubby had this chance to spend with his siblings but mostly with his father.

Sad for me traveling is just too painful. Going to take a few days to get over this trip.

You should give yourself a big pat on the back for being brave enough to take the trip.

Say..... I just realized that today's news have been unusually quiet. More often than not, I get breaking news from ABC7, but I have not gotten one single alert so far, and that does not happen a lot. Hmm. Must be the weather?

sadness and the dreary gray of the district of Prenzlauer Berg, almost hushed by the silence and the sharp eyes of omnipresent border troops of pankow, joy and explosion of colors in the charlottensburg, the gaiety and light-heartedness of the zone of wilmersdorf .... berlin - october 1, 1989

It has been over four weeks since my imac hard drive died. Luckily I did backup my documents/files etc on to usb flash one week before imac dies.

Probably will look into getting new computer or laptop next year.

I am thinking about this Saturday, when my day begins at 4 AM, because I need to leave my apartment building at 5:30 AM for the Metra at 6:10 AM, for which I will take to Ogilvie, and then transfer to the 8:30 AM Union Pacific Northwest line bound for Palatine. Once there, I will bike my way there using Google Maps, and I should get there before 11 AM, hopefully. Only thing is, I haven't biked in that area since 2008, so it's been a while.

I am sorry

attachment.php

Attachments

• spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 109
I just saw a Fire Department Advanced Life Support Ambulance nearly overshoot an intersection, and that was extremely odd to see. I was :shock: to see that happen.

thinking of going to bed..suppose be programme about spiders, documentary they put thousands of spiders in this empty house and filmed it see what happens,part of me wants to see it other part horrified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back