What are you thinking about? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about your Dad; how far away do you live from your folks?

About 60 miles from them. They moved to Charlotteville, VA earler this month.

Thinking about.. cooking up some fried Okra tonight, that the kids grew in the garden. It is the only way they will eat it.

Oh my! (about ur Dad)...feel he isn't gonna be able to eat anything after the surgery...maybe a liquid diet for awhile/very soft foods....Feel sure the doctor will give him some pain pills to cope...Prayers ur way..I was terrified when mine was diagnosed...and check my skin often. Anything that looks odd, keep an eye on it, see the doctor if it doesn't go away.

Oh my! (about ur Dad)...feel he isn't gonna be able to eat anything after the surgery...maybe a liquid diet for awhile/very soft foods....Feel sure the doctor will give him some pain pills to cope...Prayers ur way..I was terrified when mine was diagnosed...and check my skin often. Anything that looks odd, keep an eye on it, see the doctor if it doesn't go away.

I know. I hope he doesn't suffer too much. I don't know yet if he'll need surgery or radiation therapy yet. It depends on what stage his cancer is.

Decisions, decisions. My landlord is having financial difficulties so he's asked me if I'd consider moving into his other rental which is across the street (he'll even pay for the movers...or give me a month rent free if we move ourselves and clean the house...I think I'll let him take care of the cleaning & moving) or if I want to, I could buy this house from him. He wants to sell my house because he has more equity in it than the other one.

He gave me a key to the other house so that I could check it out on my own time. I walked through it this afternoon and first impression (even knowing that he's going to take care of some things) was not positive. However, if I find I can't afford a mortgage (or can't get approved for one), I would consider moving across the street...it's not that bad.

I'm waiting to hear back from him as to how much he's thinking of selling my house for so I can do my calculations. He's offered to take care of some things in this house either before the sale or after when he gets his $$ from the sale (he's a friend, so I trust him).

Just not sure I'm ready for home ownership (I've only owned houses w/my husband, never on my own). But I like this house, this neighborhood and the proximity to my work...less than a 10 min drive. I know I need to think about more than just the cost of buying the house (down payment, fees, etc) and the mortgage. It's an old house, so there will be other expenses that will come along.

I will "sleep on it" for a few nights at least. And I'm sure S/He will guide me to the right decision.

sorry hear your hope be your mother better!

My mother is fine. My dad isn't fine though. Doctors think he has cancer of the mouth. My mother will keep me updated. Thanks for the thought though.

Had an awesome time at the Zumba event. The highlight of it all, out of all those hot ladies in the crowd, my fave instructor, danced with me :) He's such a cutie too! He took my hand ahhhh...I am still on cloud 9 from this hahaha drats! He's married ha

My mother is fine. My dad isn't fine though. Doctors think he has cancer of the mouth. My mother will keep me updated. Thanks for the thought though.

hard to feeling not easy pretty tough! I understand! not good!

Hope be your dad better health!

I am thinking of my cousin, doctor found a tumor in her ear, she can't hear well. They will do surgery followed by an biopsy. I am thinking and praying for her.

I am thinking of my cousin, doctor found a tumor in her ear, she can't hear well. They will do surgery followed by an biopsy. I am thinking and praying for her.

I hope it's begin. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

sorry hear your hope be your cousin I pray your her cousin!

Rio, sorry about your cousin. Pray that she gets better!

Wirelessly posted

Thank you deafskeptic, smithTr and shel90. I hope benign as well. Doctor is checking her youngest son, who might have inherited the hearing loss, his ears will bec checked as well. Her oldest son is good. Thanks for thoughts and prayers.

You are welcome, Rio!

thinking how 2 day weekends are just tooo short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back