What are you doing right now? Part II

Pumping up my veins so they're ready to give blood on Weds.
Also getting ready to work some more on the baby blanket.

Struggling to keep my 4G connected..... it keeps dropping for some reason. Weather?

Making plans to pay my new rent tomorrow, and to pay my remaining bills afterwards. I'll also try and get photos of the area I'll be moving to when I go there. I did say I would.

Getting my day started, as I hope to begin my trek towards paying my new rent in a few hours.

Picking up my rent money for the new place, and starting to make my way north.

Done paid my new rent, but it was nearly a disaster. Why? Turns out I didn't know there was a security deposit included, but the landlady was very kind, and willingly waived that deposit, and I can move in anytime I want, as she gave me a key to the place. Also I got an upgrade, and I do have a stove/oven, and fridge. Still pay $350 rent, though. WHEW. Just about came close to a disaster as I would like.

Damn bicycle seat nearly snapped off. Had to find a bicycle store for emergency repairs.

an answer to most problems

Duct-tape.jpg

OMG. The constant commentary about everything. Somebody get Chicago a blog, PLEASE.

Duct-tape.jpg

Back in 2001 while watching someone attach a flag to their car's antenna with duct tape, I thought that if the terrorists really wanted to hurt Americans, they should just take away all of your duct tape. :lol:

(no disrespect to what happened in 2001 meant by this)

Duct-tape.jpg

Oh, you met my husband...

Bottesini, it doesn't take meeting your husband to know it is useful for many, many things.

Many of you know that I worked as a bookkeeper for a construction company for many years. It was 30-40 years ago that they regularly used "duct" tape but quite a number of the guys put "duck" tape on their time sheets. It really made me grin. Then I found out that there was a "Duck" brand of this tape.

A couple of my own uses were to put it over the round fabric covered door seals on a '58 Chevy when the fabric was wearing through. The color of the car was such that it was a very good match.

Then a hose that was part of controling how much heat came out from the heater got a split in it. It was going to have to be ordered; so I put a piece of duct tape around it. When my mechanic saw it he said why don't we see how well it holds before we order a replacement hose. It did real well and was still that way when I got rid of the car!

Yup, I'm a duct tape user! I actually hide a roll for my own use from the hubby so that I can lay my hand on that useful stuff when needed. Won't have to search the house because he's moved it from its proper place.

Back