Top 10 Annoying things with your CI

1 big thing I get annoyed.

when I go to important meeting or Doctor check up etc.
Once the doctor start to talk, and the battery go dead.
That moment just HIT me.. I whack my forehead. the doctor and
sometime my mom when she goes with me due of driving me home
I lift my head up and look at both of them. My mom said
"Uh oh, you forgot the battery" I nod.. Doctor came up to me
said "don't worry you do not need it when you go in that room"
I said "I know I am not worry for that but its just the period of
length of time not havin' any sounds" They both knew I need
my sound real bad!
I admit I can live without sound for 5 to 15 min.. but the longer
and I get so restless, paranoids etc. My friend went in hosp she
notice i was so paranoid, so I told her "Im sorry i have to go home"
I went home and came back to stay with her.
I always bring batteries with me yes always do.. but in these time
when you *Run out of the house* in last min you just don't think of
bringing one with you!

WBHarley: I've experienced that twice and even if it was for 5 mins-2 hrs. I hated every moment of not having the ability to hear! And I did bring an extra battery [the set w/ 3 675's that I carry in my purse] but what I didn't realize, was that it didn't work, not the battery but the battery holder part so I had to get my audiologist to send it back to Cochlear and got it replaced. I wear the rechargeable battery types & so that means every morning I get up and get the one I didn't put in the charger the night before out & wear that for the day but there has been lke 3x that I forgot to even replace it when I'm in such a rush. lol. Argh! Now that I have the replacement battery holder for the non-rechargeable 675's for my purse, I should be safe now... I hope! lol.
But yeah, I just wanted you to know that I've been there and know excatly what you mean!

I don't have a CI so I guess I can't post ... :walking with my head down:...

Angel you are welcome to post. I am only asking that CIers do not use comments about non Ciers as a complaint.

You can post about annoyances with your hearing aids if you would like. Or you can respond to some of our annoyances.

Angel you are welcome to post. I am only asking that CIers do not use comments about non Ciers as a complaint.

You can post about annoyances with your hearing aids if you would like. Or you can respond to some of our annoyances.

Great idea! I would be interested to hear about any annoyances you have with your HAs Angel.

When I was wearing hearing aids the feedback was probably the biggest annoyance. Plus having to go and get my ear molds redone - it just seemed such a big chore to me!

However, to balance up HAs use less batteries than CIs and are a bit more fixed in the ear because they are plugged in with molds, so to speak.

Hey everyone I created a spider thread in the our pets section of AD. Can we PLEASE? :bowdown: get back to the topic and stop giving all of us arachnophobics in AD bad dreams?

lol any annoying things you experience with your CI or HA?

GRR!!! stomp on those spiders in here sorry i am bear's spiderkiller please do respect bear when she ask you guys not to and not to post any pics of spiders please go to the AD's own spider thread created by bear to post any pictures thank you

back to topic:
the annoying thing when i took off the HA when i use to wear it long time ago i was keeping getting ringing in my ear UGH

Anyway, my top annoyance with CI's is the fact that its not waterproof or sweatproof. A processor consisting of only the headpiece would be a godsend.

Nods, I had forgotten to mention that it'd be nice to have a processer that has only the headpiece and no coil would be nice. In other words, it'd be nice to have a wireless verision.

SCBassist and Fuzzy, I will take your post over Bear's thread spider... :lol:

I am very sorry about posting my picture- it's just that since Liebling posted hers right after Bear's post asking to not to, I thought it's some inside joke about arachnophobia. Very sorry once again.

Fuzzy

I am sorry that I wasn't realized that it end :topic: when I first brought the subject up about the difference annoy sound of spider walking between original hearing and CI what/how the former hearing guy with CI described my hubby about...

I wasn't realized that it ends to post more pictures of spiders after my first general post over the annoy sound of spider walking... :giggle:

http://www.alldeaf.com/858418-post13.html

Mod Note:

All off-topic posts related to spiders has been moved to the "Alldeaf's very own spider thread" in the "Our Pets" forum. ;)

~RR

Mod Note:

All off-topic posts related to spiders has been moved to the "Alldeaf's very own spider thread" in the "Our Pets" forum. ;)

~RR

:ty: I'm sure Bear will be grateful to you for moving the off topics stuff.

Mod Note:

~RR

"Out Pets" forum ?

Is spiders really pet? :Ohno:

Anyway, it's good for Bear to see no ugly pictures of spiders here in her thread... :D

LOL ty RR

Liebling I put it there because some people do own them as pets, I thought if it was the wrong forum then mods would move it.

And no problem about going off topic that happens alot and its natural for a topic to veer in different directions. Just wish mine hadnt veered into a topic that terrifies me.

So everyone who posted the pics are forgiven! Have fun creeping each other out in the new topic!

As for here annoying things anyone?

Nods, I had forgotten to mention that it'd be nice to have a processer that has only the headpiece and no coil would be nice. In other words, it'd be nice to have a wireless verision.

I agree it would be wonderful to have a wireless version. Someday it would even be great if we didnt need the piece that goes on the head. Not sure what its called. Not the implant itself but the piece that goes on outside the head. Maybe then I wouldn't have to worry about it constantly getting caught in my hair or knocking it off.

As for here annoying things anyone?

Hmmmm let's see. Having two CIs now, I have to prise them apart every morning since they are attracted to each other in the dry and store. I've got the strongest magnets in Cochlear's range, so I might need to invest in a crowbar soon. :)

Hmmmm let's see. Having two CIs now, I have to prise them apart every morning since they are attracted to each other in the dry and store. I've got the strongest magnets in Cochlear's range, so I might need to invest in a crowbar soon. :)

LMAO would love to see you standing there with a crowbar trying to pry your CI's apart! hahaha just picturing that image in my mind alone is cracking me up!

Back