itsmezali

Reaction score
Hey so I’m possibly writing something (I know it’s the worst thing to hear from a hearing person) usually when I get an idea in my head I can see it played out like a movie rather than a book but I thought I’d give this one a try until I realised my mistake: I have no idea how to write from the Deaf characters perspective. So I was wondering in what way people “hear” their own thoughts and if the order of the thoughts are the same as the signed or spoken order

Hopefully that makes sense, thanks!

ASL, BSL, Auslan, NZSL etc are all signed languages. Its purely common sense: As it is with any language spoken or otherwise, signed languages are processed in the mind the same way. Its not rocket science and certainly not any alien or superpower. Get real.

Hey so I’m possibly writing something (I know it’s the worst thing to hear from a hearing person) usually when I get an idea in my head I can see it played out like a movie rather than a book but I thought I’d give this one a try until I realised my mistake: I have no idea how to write from the Deaf characters perspective. So I was wondering in what way people “hear” their own thoughts and if the order of the thoughts are the same as the signed or spoken order

Hopefully that makes sense, thanks!
As an HoH person, I rely a lot on the actions to match the wordage, facial expressions and other things. I deem a movie a talkie or one I can view and enjoy. Talkies are harder because they may not face the camera for all the sounds that are really needed.

Back