There's never any privacy for Deaf people.

Booger_Bender

Amara Ambassador
Reaction score
One of the biggest pet peeves (mostly just me however, I think there are others like me out there) When I go to the bathroom I expect privacy. That's common decency right? Not for my instance. I lock the door to prevent people from coming in. Since I'm deaf I can't hear if someone is knocking or impatiently trying to break in. The lock on the door has a small hole on the outside where you can use a simple paperclip to open the door. Her excuse was "the cat had to go to the bathroom" was the justification of why she must break in to the bathroom. (fyi the cat didn't need to go to the bathroom.)

Call me paranoid but why must I always have to live in fear that someone is going to barge in while taking a shit? I feel that even a public bathroom you have no privacy either. do people love watching others take a shit? it's beyond me. Time to get a door stopper for inside the bathroom.

:mad:

That's not cool.

There ought to be a magnetic sign or something that says "Occupied."

Sometimes, I have forgotten to lock the door. Therefore, people would just walk in. I had to slam door close. They walk away.

Maybe they thought that someone locked the door, then climbed over the wall. Then bathroom is unoccupied, but locked. Some people are freaks!!!

One of the biggest pet peeves (mostly just me however, I think there are others like me out there) When I go to the bathroom I expect privacy. That's common decency right? Not for my instance. I lock the door to prevent people from coming in. Since I'm deaf I can't hear if someone is knocking or impatiently trying to break in. The lock on the door has a small hole on the outside where you can use a simple paperclip to open the door. Her excuse was "the cat had to go to the bathroom" was the justification of why she must break in to the bathroom. (fyi the cat didn't need to go to the bathroom.)....
It seems that a sit-down family discussion of house rules is in order.

Call me paranoid but why must I always have to live in fear that someone is going to barge in while taking a shit? I feel that even a public bathroom you have no privacy either. do people love watching others take a shit? it's beyond me. Time to get a door stopper for inside the bathroom.

:mad:
I don't understand the public bathroom problem. I've used public restrooms and porta-potties for decades, and I don't recall anyone ever opening up a locked stall door. I've even used public restrooms where the stall locks were broken, and still no one burst in on me. :dunno:

I've had folks try to get into the bathroom when the door or stall was locked.

I don't understand the public bathroom problem. I've used public restrooms and porta-potties for decades, and I don't recall anyone ever opening up a locked stall door. I've even used public restrooms where the stall locks were broken, and still no one burst in on me. :dunno:

most of the time it happens at home more than public. when it happens in public it's worse. yes, it happens in public too. might as well go to the bathroom in public holding a sign. "there's no difference between privacy in the bathroom or public thanks to freaks".

There's no excuse for it to happen at home. The people bursting in need a good talking to. I have never had that happen at home.

In public, it's happened if I forgot to lock the door, but the person backs out and apologizes fast.

:wave: Reba, nope it's various, intermittent
maybe a geographical thing? or an age-related thing<kids>?

I've had worse stuff happen

Then there might be deeper issues involved.

my personal issue was because, the kitty box is under the sink in the bathroom and I was told that the kitty was scratching at the door. Obviously I can't hear and I don't take long time in the bathroom to begin with. It's a simple privacy right. besides the cat didn't have to go to the bathroom and I have a more feeling he wanted to go next door to visit his other kitty friend at my neighbor's house. Regardless one should have privacy when going to the bathroom and not have the door explicitly opened and use a flimsy excuse the cat wanted in bullshit. that's all.

I agree with DeafBadger and Reba about it happening at home.
I mean, if you don't want it to happen, and it still does, then I'd wonder about it.

:wave: Reba, nope it's various, intermittent
maybe a geographical thing? or an age-related thing<kids>?

I've had worse stuff happen

We're both retired. my fiancee is hearing. I'm the only Deaf person on the property. It goes with saying there's no freedom for Deaf people.

my personal issue was because, the kitty box is under the sink in the bathroom and I was told that the kitty was scratching at the door. Obviously I can't hear and I don't take long time in the bathroom to begin with. It's a simple privacy right. besides the cat didn't have to go to the bathroom and I have a more feeling he wanted to go next door to visit his other kitty friend at my neighbor's house. Regardless one should have privacy when going to the bathroom and not have the door explicitly opened and use a flimsy excuse the cat wanted in bullshit. that's all.
Like I posted, the family needs to sit down together and discuss privacy and respect issues.

I agree with DeafBadger and Reba about it happening at home.
I mean, if you don't want it to happen, and it still does, then I'd wonder about it.

I agree I wonder myself. I'm just gonna do the same thing back and remind her that the kitty wanted in. :naughty:

Move the cat box, and buy a good thumb bolt latch for the interior side of the bathroom door.

Back