The 3 New Mods

Thank you for your well-wishes for the three fresh moderators LakeTahoe, Angel, Shel, Schermy, Deafbajagal, Phillips, LovelyBlkGal, Webexplorer, Sunshine, Northstar, Tousi, TweetyBird, Sequoias, Liebling, Jolie, ReadheadGrrl, Bebonang, Whitewolves, Lilylover, Pacman, PurrMeow, OldNavyGirl, VamPyroX, Pek, MyBlueEyes, Farewell, and DreamDeaf.

I agree wholeheartedly with Angel and JeepGirl about Reba. The lady would have made and most likely will make a great moderator.

Who is SG and Chase? I've never heard of them? :confused: ? I had to find Chase, my apologies, professor, as I had to find out who you are (there's not much that gets past me, but SG is one of them that did).

Though "there's not much that gets past" Pete, I responded to several of your posts last year, then gave up after no responses, ha ha ha.

How much money did they pay to become moderators? ?

I sent Alex my entire 2008 tax rebate; it was either give it away or buy half a tank of gas, both frivolous causes. So instead of driving to town twice, I got VIP Membership and Moderatorhood conferred on me. I am currently suing to get my donation returned.

A question, though, Alex . . . why are we having moderators that are hearies?

Assumption #3. I can only speak for myself: I'm from a deaf family. My older sister is deaf since birth, so I grew up bi-lingual in ASL and English. I was progressively hard-of-hearing for over twenty years and have been totally deaf since 2001. I speak, speech-read, and am coversant in ASL and SEE. However, my sister agrees with you that I'm not nearly deaf enough.

Last edited:
Oh Wowow! ! Im so excited for you guys ! ! BIG CONGRATS TO Jolie, SG and Chase! !

Now, I cant mess with ya guys.. just kidding.. :giggle:

You guys will be great great moderators!

:afro:

M-

OH MY GOSH!!...I was out of town and then i saw this
surprise announcement!

First of all, WELCOME BACK, JOLIE77!! Im sooo glad that you are
back!! and Congrats to you too!!

CONGRATS TO CHASE AND SG!! Im thrilled for you guys and i know you both will do great job too!

. . . "there's not much that gets past" Pete, I responded to several of your posts last year, then gave up after no responses, ha ha ha.

. . .

Assumption #3. I can only speak for myself: I'm from a deaf family. My older sister is deaf since birth, so I grew up bi-lingual in ASL and English. I was progressively hard-of-hearing for over twenty years and have been totally deaf since 2001. I speak, speech-read, and am coversant in ASL and SEE. However, my sister agrees with you that I'm not nearly deaf enough.

Chase,

Are you being serious about the first? I honestly try and keep up with all posts and responses. If I did not respond, please do not think I had you on ignore or was not paying attention to you. I do not go around doing this to people and I sincerely am sorry about this occurring. Can you please send me a link to at least one "no comment" that you said to me and I didn't reply. I am going to have to keep up to date with all of this and can't go around here not responding to others.

As for the second, I stand corrected and I apologize for shooting from the hip on this one. You had mentioned this before and I had looked under your user name and saw the word, "hearing" and dismissed everything else. Hmm . . . seems to me that I'm not mistaken, but you did mention your condition before. As mentioned above, I don't go around purposely slighting people or not responding and I need to correct that, if you don't mind, Chase. I'm horribly embarrassed, to say the least.

I went back just now to reread your profile. I am horribly embarrassed and am so sorry for slighting you on this one.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all 3 of you!! :applause:

Thanks, Alex for making this announcement! :D

Thank you Ozzie and Liebling. :)

Who is SG and Chase? I've never heard of them? :confused:

Like Chase said, I have replied couple of your posts in the past last year. You might have missed it as there were too many other posts. :)

How much money did they pay to become moderators?

$0.00

A question, though, Alex . . . why are we having moderators that are hearies?

As for this question, I am Profoundly Deaf (born Deaf).. I grew up as a oral deaf, went thru Mainstream school and Deaf school. I did learned New Zealand Sign Language during high school in NZ, ASL in Canada and right now learning Auslan.

I hope this will helps Pek1. :)

Thank you again everyone. :)

Very lovely poem Kanga *hands ya a banana milkshake*

Thank you Ozzie and Liebling. :)

Like Chase said, I have replied couple of your posts in the past last year. You might have missed it as there were too many other posts. :)

$0.00

As for this question, I am Profoundly Deaf (born Deaf).. I grew up as a oral deaf, went thru Mainstream school and Deaf school. I did learned New Zealand Sign Language during high school in NZ, ASL in Canada and right now learning Auslan.

I hope this will helps Pek1. :)

Alright . . . wait a minute . . . I normally respond to everyone, no matter what. I sometimes don't because it appears like I'm responding in either the post as I read it or am showing favoritism, which I try hard not to do.

Please show me at least a couple of links where I did not respond. I am terribly sorry for not responding.

The reference for the hearie was to Chase, not to the others. When I saw the three names, I looked at each of you on preferences and nothing was mentioned. I assumed after Chase's post, not yours or SG's.

Hello everyone! Hope y'all are having a great weekend.

I'm pleased to announce that Jolie_77, Chase, and ~SG~ are now part of our expanded moderating team!!

These fine members have a good reputation here, are reasonable and almost never argue with others, and they're pretty active on AllDeaf.

Please join me in congratulating them on their new role! :applause: :cool2:

P.S. See? This was not April Fool's joke! Ha!

HOORRRAYYYYYYYYYYY! :giggle:

Congrats to Jollie77.....~SG~.....and Chase...

Wish you all the best lucks.. I know you all will do good job..

Congratulations to you three! All excellent choices. Glad to see the moderator pool is expanding. Good luck in your training! :wiggle:

Now that the 3 new mods are in.. can they do one thing at the same time??

*can they fart althought?? HEHEHE!!!!*

Thanks Scubalady, Defee, Maria, GTM, MsGiglz, Interpretrator, and Northstar.

Please forgive Northstar for his enthusiasm. For those who don't know, syncretized swimming was outlawed in central Canada in the last century due to issues with hypothermia.

Two sports took its place: Curling--sliding hot stones an ice while running beside them sweeping paths with little brooms.

And syncretized farting.

The first brings tears from boredom, and the second brings tears from the methane.

Northstar is trying to rally deaf participation, even though we just don't have the ear for it. My fear is that Northstar will feel strain from his efforts.

Now that the 3 new mods are in.. can they do one thing at the same time??

*can they fart althought?? HEHEHE!!!!*

Yes they can fart of course. Probably smells like data bits from eating too much Alldeaf munchies.

Thanks Scubalady, Defee, Maria, GTM, MsGiglz, Interpretrator, and Northstar.

Please forgive Northstar for his enthusiasm. For those who don't know, syncretized swimming was outlawed in central Canada in the last century due to issues with hypothermia.

Two sports took its place: Curling--sliding hot stones an ice while running beside them sweeping paths with little brooms.

And syncretized farting.

The first brings tears from boredom, and the second brings tears from the methane.

Northstar is trying to rally deaf participation, even though we just don't have the ear for it. My fear is that Northstar will feel strain from his efforts.

:laugh2: soo funny Chase!

Ha ha ha, Chase - You're hilarious and creative.

Many thanks to everyone who has responded in this thread. ;)

:laugh2: Chase, that is very hilarious and creative.

Kanga: Ty again, yes I am enjoying staying in the brown land, but not the very hot temperature outside. :)

Pek1: No worries, I will find the threads later. :)

Thank you everyone. :)

Back