Svp/soar?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Who's coming to SVP/SOAR this year at RIT/NTID? Also, have you found out where you will be living in the dorms yet?

SOAR? wow new name. my old time I remmy STOP. ofc attended SVP '92 myself. May I ask what's SOAR stand for?

Originally posted by Lasza
SOAR? wow new name. my old time I remmy STOP. ofc attended SVP '92 myself. May I ask what's SOAR stand for?
SOAR is Student Orientation Assessment and Registration:
What is SOAR?

Student Orientation Assessment and Registration (SOAR) is an experience intended to assist incoming NTID students who have been directly accepted into one of the other colleges of RIT. You will have the opportunity to meet other directly admitted students and support team members. You will learn how to effectively use a variety of access and education support services: interpreting, notetaking, tutoring and academic advising. There will also be opportunities to meet other NTID students who are attending SVP. You will join with peers from your college for Week-of-Welcome (WOW) activities.
SVP is Summer Vestibule Program:
What is SVP?

The Summer Vestibule Program (SVP) is a two-week-orientation experience designed with your college success in mind. SVP helps you learn more about yourself as a person and how you can best take advantage of everything NTID has to offer. You will be very busy as you experience programs that will help you make choices about your education and future careers.

You will sample the technical programs offered at the National Technical Institute for the Deaf and the professional programs offered through the other colleges of Rochester Institute of Technology. Yes, you will also take a few placement tests during SVP. Don't worry, just do your best. The test results help us determine your fall course placements. Also during SVP you will be introduced to NTID/RIT facilities, policies, committees, and student life opportunities so that you'll be really comfortable when it is time for classes to start in September.

kewl -- interesting info Vampy -- gracias :)

i was surprised to see that SVP is now 2 weeks -- my time was 1 month and it was fun with the activities during my time LOL

Originally posted by Fly Free
kewl -- interesting info Vampy -- gracias :)

i was surprised to see that SVP is now 2 weeks -- my time was 1 month and it was fun with the activities during my time LOL
Well, they are considering changing the schedule for SVP from two weeks to one week. I don't know when they will do this though. :dunno:

Back