Stress Relief Tips

Gemma

Reaction score
In the past few weeks, I have been under extreme stress and been trying to reduce my stress levels by mediation, deep breathing and just sleeping off on it. Last night I slept 11 hours as my body was completely exhausted by high level of stress.

That got me thinking and curious about you guys - how do you handle your stress? Lets share some tips and ideas!!! I could use some new tips. Stress is prevelant in our lives and contribute greatly to our illnesses so it is very critical that every one of us learn how to manage our stress to keep our mental/emotional/physical health balanced out.

Let's discuss :)

The only thing that really works for me is to exercise to the point of exhaustion.

And avoid what stressful situations that I am able.

If I was stressed, I would go for a walk or being around with animals do help to reduced the stress.

I practiced Qi Gong a couple hours ago in the garden and surfed some pics from the Hubble site. No stress here and it's Friday. :)

I also walk to relieve stress. And I do yoga 3 times a week.

damn. yoga? 3x a week? :naughty::naughty::naughty:
to answer your question, gemma - Several ways to relieve my stress depending on time, location, etc. I play serious game like Counterstrike or WoW... or play roller hockey and deck someone.... or go to firing range and empty 3 boxes of ammo... or go out for a ride (car/motorcycle/etc.)....

Hi Gemma, I had stress out by wedding plan, and many reasons. I have to go exercise, walk with my dog, play Wii FIT, draw a pictures, chatting with my friends on vp, taking a bubble bath to relax. It will help stress relief. I took a deep breath. Wii Fit have yoga. :) It's helpful.

damn. yoga? 3x a week? :naughty::naughty::naughty:
to answer your question, gemma - Several ways to relieve my stress depending on time, location, etc. I play serious game like Counterstrike or WoW... or play roller hockey and deck someone.... or go to firing range and empty 3 boxes of ammo... or go out for a ride (car/motorcycle/etc.)....

Yep, I'm exceptionally limber!:giggle:

I do other things to relieve stress. I watch DVDs or play video games. I also go out to the mall and walk around. Before I know it, I feel better and can get back to work. :)

Whenever it occurs to me, I watch DVDs or take a long walk... sometime take a nap (ideal for me if headache pops).

The only thing that really works for me is to exercise to the point of exhaustion.

And avoid what stressful situations that I am able.

For the first time, I agree with you. LOL Don't sleep it off, you will drift into a depressive state. Any exercise that you can sustain a high beating rate (roughly 70% of your max heart rate) for at least 20 mins will give you natural endorphins to really calm those nerves. I would also get to the root of my problems and try different methods of dealing with stress. Sometimes you may perceive something to worry about, when actually, is nothing really to be concerned about. Think about what triggers you to feel stressed, then act on it appropriately.

In the past few weeks, I have been under extreme stress and been trying to reduce my stress levels by mediation, deep breathing and just sleeping off on it. Last night I slept 11 hours as my body was completely exhausted by high level of stress.

That got me thinking and curious about you guys - how do you handle your stress? Lets share some tips and ideas!!! I could use some new tips. Stress is prevelant in our lives and contribute greatly to our illnesses so it is very critical that every one of us learn how to manage our stress to keep our mental/emotional/physical health balanced out.

Let's discuss :)

Human Service job has significant detrimental effects on our stressful as 24/7.
Aren't you thinking about change your job to help your stress reduce? We do need balance in our life as enjoy as much we can. Walking, socialize and visiting with friends or family will help our stressful reduction.

It occurred me to sleep more than 10 hours few weeks ago due to crisis at my job and burden with my father admitted into nursing home. His house is processing on market to prevent the government takes his house away to expense on the nursing home. It was horrible stressful for the rest of family. I only do is doing little by little as much as I can.

I need to focus on my health (mental and physical) for my Dad's sake.

yes, stretching and flexability is the BEST. I love that, and makes you feel so good. I also agree to have some good "you" time doing something you love and offers nice balance of energy in your mind. Messages are intensely therapeutic. All that being said, xanax, ativan, valium or just alcohol will probably be cheapest, not the best, just the cheapest. :giggle:

yes, stretching and flexability is the BEST. I love that, and makes you feel so good. I also agree to have some good "you" time doing something you love and offers nice balance of energy in your mind. Messages are intensely therapeutic. All that being said, xanax, ativan, valium or just alcohol will probably be cheapest, not the best, just the cheapest. :giggle:

:laugh2:

When I'm stressed out, I usually go out for a drive (now these days I don't because I can't afford to waste any gas with the prices that is increasing), take a walk, read a book, take a nice long hot bath with various aromas and watch movies. :)

I go to the gym and work out and after , go into the sauna. I do enjoy the jacuzzi too.

Back