Stick with your own kind? or Mix it up!

I married a white American. I have dated both black and Mexican as well as Cuban before. Race and National origin were not a factor. I went with someone who accepted me for who I am and who made me feel like he loves me.

Well, to be honest I feel comfortable being in a relationship with Whites (my own kind), Latinos (depends on where they are coming from), Native American/Canadian Indians (also depends on where they are coming from) and Asians.

Oh, in a heartbeat. Not to say that I'd jump into anything with anyone, but there's no reason for me to be predisposed to my own group more so than any other.

I think love is love you know? Race doesn't bother me :)

I'm white, but I've only dated white guys, I am curious dating other people though.

half spanish/ half white "hybrid", here. and I have had a history of dating hispanics, for some reason. Dated some white folks, one was acually extremely albino, too. And to be perfectly honest... i got dumped just as easily by the whites as by the hispanics, and vice versa. lol I'm attracted to everyone, though so I guess I dont have a preference.

I like to think of myself as an "equal opportunity dater".

:)

Is the answer of "our own" classification-how does one delimit the "other"?
Interesting question in Sociology-who is "human"?

Well I would prefer a lady that likes and PS3 and Xbox, who likes stupid crazy sci-fi movies, romantic comedies, and over the action top movies. She needs to be a lil geeky or nerdy but not afraid to do stuff outside, like gunrange shooting or horseback riding.

not trying tomake a personal ad here, im just saying these are the things that would be more important than any racial mix.

I'm primarily white with some Native American, and my nationality is American. I've predominantly dated others who are at least primarily white, but that's not been so much by choice as just a result of the fact that I've lived in some fairly vanilla places. As for nationality- I've dated others, an Aussie and a Welshman- and however those relationships went, I think there's something really nice about dating people of other nationalities. I love the exchange of culture. However, I'm currently with a fellow American, and blissfully happy, so I can't complain :)

I'm White, part British background part Slavic background, I like all ladies of all backgrounds, ethnic or otherwise. I won't deny a soft spot for some over others (I like looking at Asian girls and redheads) but I'd never exclude anyone because of their background. My partner is white Welsh, in the past I've had romantic interest towards redheads, blondes, brunettes, Indian, Middle Eastern, Chinese, Vietnamese, blind, sighted, African, English, Scottish, goths... sometimes it was me interested in them, sometimes them interested in me, sometimes mutual, sometimes longing from afar :p

I figure, now that we like the look of each other, do we enjoy doing things together? What some people need to realize is that it should work the other way too... you enjoy doing things together, have you ever considered... more than friends? Google 'The Friend Zone' to hear more about that. :(

I really would go for the mix. Well, I have, I married a bavarian guy. But as long as I can bond to someone I wouldn't care where he is from.

Hmm, I'd say procreating with alike backgrounds, otherwise globalization happens and culture disappears, granted new culture would be created, but I'm just fine being 100% northern european. (mainly Celtic)!

In the end, all that matters is that you care for the other person. Race, background, religion, etc.., are all 2nd to love.

Race, colour or nationality does not bother me.

X2, I am 100% Irish. I do not have a preference, nor an aversion to race, color or nationality.

Perhaps a question would be, if you judge by color, where do tattoo's fit into the scheme of it all ? Eye color, perhaps a disfiguring eye injury ? Truly, it is a bit of a never ending scenario. Each one of us is different, thank god. I know I would get awfully dang bored being married to me, I already bore myself.

Diversity is a virtue, that is how I feel. Just my opinion.

Well....I am a cacausian that I have most Welsh blood in my mom's side and Scottish is my dad's side family.

No matter what races I like go date, but love most is Asian men. Reason that I love the black hairs. I did date 3 different Asian men in my past. Well.

I never been married and it don't matter to me what race i would say mix it up :)

Sent from my Z995 using AllDeaf App mobile app

my mother is welsh,no comment.. no give rats arse where or what they are but their religion would be important not want some bloke who expect me walk behind him

I'll start - Although I am 100% Korean... I feel out so out of place with my own kind and for some odd reason - I have a thing for Chinese women. I prefer to marry an Asian - especially Chinese :cool2:

is it still the same feeling you are now? :giggle:

I don't pass on judgments. I simply want someone who agrees with me that vehicles with turbocharged engine are the best thing EVER!!!!

I had dated young white men mostly hearing but one deaf young White man but my relationship does not work very well. Then I got married to a white hearing man and the marriage only last less than three years (one year of living together and then two years of separation before getting divorced). So I am not good with white men at all.

I had dated only one Mexican American Deaf man. It was okay. I did dated some Native men (some were good and some were not too good) until I met my future husband who was hearing and Native. We have some common things that we are comfortable and enjoy doing things together. It lasted 15 years of marriage until his death in 2012. So it is hard to find good one that matched me being the right relationship that would last longer than the short relationship. I was fortunate and happy to be with him. Now I just want to date and share my friendship with some men or one man. Having a relationship is not that easy so have to feel comfortable in the relationship that you both are happy with. Oh, I do spoke my mind because I am independent Native woman. That is who I am. :)

Back