SSI over paid me.

Ok thanks for answering my question. :) I didnt want other AD members to accuse u of abusing the system without asking u first so that is why I asked.

I posted a reply in your other thread. Hope everything works out! :)

No very understandable. I understand where your coming from.

Thank you for being concerned. Yes there are ppl out there that abuse the system. I have worked since I was 18 and it was hard. But I managed until the last few yrs managers just dont give a crap.

That's the governement for you , if their mistake still have to pay the consequences. I am not on SSI , this happened to me bec of a job situation to pay me benefits while I get another job. They over pay me and I had to pay back.

That's the governement for you , if their mistake still have to pay the consequences. I am not on SSI , this happened to me bec of a job situation to pay me benefits while I get another job. They over pay me and I had to pay back.

You are right, oh well, you like Tom Brady huh? I like him too but don't really like the Patriots though!

how about the fact that u get ssi just for being deaf? i pay taxes into social security, and since u cant hear it and i can, the recording states "some people think that there is a special fund set aside for them. that isnt true, the money u pay TODAY goes into paying Social Security TODAY. ... blah blah blah we're giving u money just because u can't hear me saying this even though there are plenty of jobs out there and u can easily go get a job doing the same thing thousands of other people do ie fed ex, dhl, overnight stocker at target or kroger or something else" go get a job. and definitely quit bitching about the fact that they take SOME money out of ur FREE MONTHLY check!!!! u get free money, so stop whining about everything and go get a job!!!! :rl:

Oh, Just fuck off. There are many valid reasons that Deaf do get SSI or other benefits some aren't. Look at hearing people like REDNECKS, for example who likes to live off from the government. Once, I know one REDNECK family who lived a street down and is well known to the community where I used to live. They earned at least 2,000 dollars a month, free housing, free health insurance and the like and yes they used to drive BMW 5 series motor car. They don't want to work and won't work in their lifetime. WTF?

Oh by the way, I used to receive benefits from federal government for about 5 years for my college and university studies and I do not need these anymore and is happily working with very good salary, have house, nice car, wife and a family. I do not see that is a problem to these students who needs some help with their studies for their future.

IS SSI/SSDI ripping us off over overpayment? Do you think that SSI/SSDI is scamming???

This seems similar to when there are mistakes with taxes. The government has to fix the error of lost money and people end up having to pay back even when it was the governments fault initially. I can see why this would be upsetting, but it also seems understandable since it is not just in the case of SSI that situations such as this occur. If too much change was given to someone at the store when purchasing something, it'd be only right to pay it back right, even if it was the cashier's fault.. maybe another way to look at it?

For those of you on SSI I say fuck everyone else. The ones who are complaining about you being on SSI are jelouse or they need a life. No I'm not on SSI and I don't plan on ever being on SSI but if you are American (not an illegal) then I'm all for helping fellow Americans. I'd rather see my tax dollars going to you rather then some illegal POS immigrants family in a third world country. These loser complainers don't understand that even if there are jobs out there, it's much more stressfull for a handicapped person-period, and we know what stress can do to a person. All of you loser complainers and critics-shut up and mind your own damn business. AND I DONT CARE WHO I PISS OFF!

IS SSI/SSDI ripping us off over overpayment? Do you think that SSI/SSDI is scamming???

No, no scamming going on. For years and years I have heard stories like the ones here on this thread. I think if the folks who get SSI benefits would make DOUBLY sure that the amount is right and the length of time is also correct. Then when you notice the overpayments starting to come in, put the money in a savings account and notify the government and by the time they get around to making the corrections, they will let you know how much to send back. Then you just take the money that is not yours out of savings and send it back and keep what interest was earned during that period. I can't understand someone not knowing they were getting overpaid, especially those who claim they have to pay back 7, 15, etc thousand dollars. Perhaps they were hoping the government would never find out???

I can't understand someone not knowing they were getting overpaid, especially those who claim they have to pay back 7, 15, etc thousand dollars. Perhaps they were hoping the government would never find out???

I messed up on my 9 month trial work period and ended up paying back $10,000. It can happen to anybody. I had a misunderstanding of the rules back then. It cost me. I paid it all back already and I'm not going to sit in judgement of someone else who got into trouble.

the government expects you to catch THEIR mistakes and pay them back accordingly but what they dont realize is that the mistake is on their behalf for over paying and not yours for merely cashing a check

obviously that ih8deafppl guy doesnt get that most employers are ignorantly reluctant to hire deaf people making it hard to get jobs regaurdless of qualification or commitment, some of my fellow hearing people arent to bright, including myself but at least i know SOME things

woah i didnt realize there were that many different postings i thought there were only two pages, sorry for repeating everything everyone else said.. my bad

don't need SSI. Just work while go college, it help build your character in a better living. Be real man or woman... be power American...

unless you have worst than being deaf, that's okay. I understand. : )

When I got my job, I informed my SS office about my job. They continued pay me so I put them away till they ask me for money back so I gave them back. No problem. First 9 month of work trail is your to keep but they continue to pay u for 12 months so last three months u give their money back. Many deaf people blew it away and stuck with pay them back.

I got SSI when I was 18 years old ....I found out just now that if I had work and not got SSI....I could earns more money from SSDI.....

A person I know worked for 18 years got $1,500. amonth from SSDI...

If you works for 20 years you gets $2,000. amonth from SSDI...

I wish I had job then I could stop working after 20 years or more, I could have alots more money today.

My SSI is not enough to make a living, I should have work!:pissed:

ummm, SSI is for people who is not able to work. If you are able to work, and you are working just so you can get more money from SSI, and quit just so you can get SSI then you could be considered as a fraud.

ummm, SSI is for people who is not able to work. If you are able to work, and you are working just so you can get more money from SSI, and quit just so you can get SSI then you could be considered as a fraud.

Um, PePe was talking about SSDI not SSI. There's a big difference.

Not true... I did called SSI about got job, also gave alot of information then they let me to keep SSI and Medicaid since don't make alot of money from payroll and other reason.

It's depends on people, that can be different

I understand that. I know deafs are limited what they can do so they are stuck with a low paying job. It is not easy for a deaf person to get any job they want. Possible but not easy. I can't be a 911 operator if I wanted it. And so many jobs require good phone skills as it is very important to help their business grow (they will test you on how well you use the phone before they hire you). Consumers can be very impatient so if they have to wait on a relay service, they would leave and do business with someone else.

Back