Speak English!: Racist Revolt As Coca-Cola Airs Multilingual ‘America the Beautiful’

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
During the SuperBowl, the Coca-Cola Company aired a commercial to promote their brand as every other mega corporation who has a few million dollars to blow on a 30 to 60 seconds of television airtime. It was a nice commercial titled “It’s Beautiful” in which American people did American things while the song “America the Beautiful” was sung in the background.

You can watch the commercial here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=443Vy3I0gJs

(Read more...)

Well, I think it's wonderful commercial. Do anybody remember Cheerios? It was so lovely. :)

Cheerios did a similar one? I don't recall that one.

Well, I think it's wonderful commercial. Do anybody remember Cheerios? It was so lovely. :)

Yes, that was a wonderful commercial to show America as the melting pot it has always been.

And I liked the Cheerios commercial of the biracial family also.

A lot of people don't even seem to remember the poem on the Statue of Liberty.

I don't understand the uproar.... I thought it was beautiful and artfully done

Been over 50 years since I've been able to hear...and still remember every word of "America the Beautiful"..."Star Spangled Banner"..."This Is My Homeland"....and 98% of all the Military songs....*humming America the Beautiful*....

OMG at ignorant, bigot racists. :crazy:

Mexico required anyone to be a Mexican citizen to speak/write English. Google it
Is that racist??
America is a melting pot.

Mexico required anyone to be a Mexican citizen to speak/write English. Google it
Is that racist??
America is a melting pot.

it isn't true as I lived there for years.

Where did you get that idea?

There is no caption on the video. Anyway, You have to remember that Coca Cola is really from Mexico. Coca Cola is a spanish word to "kill". I don't know where they get the idea of using the name or word for making the pops like that back then. Coca Cola was and still very popular drink. I used to drink that but then I like Seven-up which I would prefer lemonade instead of lemonade-lime. I don't want lime in it now. I changed to Pepsi and I love it, even it is not good for health.

Diversity is good and I like the video in spite of the music. I can not heard it but no caption on it.

Native Americans have different dialect of speaking different languages but then we were forced to speak English which we could not pronounce it properly. :(

There is no caption on the video. Anyway, You have to remember that Coca Cola is really from Mexico. Coca Cola is a spanish word to "kill". I don't know where they get the idea of using the name or word for making the pops like that back then. Coca Cola was and still very popular drink. I used to drink that but then I like Seven-up which I would prefer lemonade instead of lemonade-lime. I don't want lime in it now. I changed to Pepsi and I love it, even it is not good for health.

Diversity is good and I like the video in spite of the music. I can not heard it but no caption on it.

Native Americans have different dialect of speaking different languages but then we were forced to speak English which we could not pronounce it properly. :(

It was horrible the way Native Americans where forced to take on the White man ways and told their culture was savages . Now there are companies like Ralph Lauren using Native Americans designs on his products and making big bucks on it.

Speak English? I thought America has no official language. :confused:

Oh, that's why I couldn't make heads or tails of the music! :lol:
Do those people know that English is not the official language of the United States? There is no official language, so they are technically singing the American way.

*Beat me to it, JMH! :laugh2:

*Beat me to it, JMH! :laugh2:

Woo_hoo!_poster.jpg

:P

I did enjoy that commercial... I can't believe they're getting such a backlash for it! Just goes to show racism is very much alive and still around... So sad... :( They had a same sex couple in there too! :D

It was captioned on tv during the superbowl- I caught it there and thought it was really cool. A few of my friends didn't like it and didn't like that it wasn't fully in English- mainly because of the song "America the beautiful". What there's no sub communities in the US that STILL use their native languages?! Pfft. They are also forgetting where they came from.. People emigrated here from.. oh look at that.. OTHER countries! The Native Americans-- I hate what the white man at the time did to them.. and still do.

(one of my friends grew up on one reservation in Montana)

Yes, that was a wonderful commercial to show America as the melting pot it has always been.

I remember there being a poem on the Statue of Liberty but I only remembered ' give me your tried ' .

The first time I saw Cheerios commercial of the biracial family I did not even it notice until people started talking about. My daughter is biracial and both my sisters has a biracial family . Most of my women friends has biracial children . I can't see what the fuss is about commercial and I am glad that Cheerios did not pull it off the air because of some people disapproving of it.

Back