Speak English!: Racist Revolt As Coca-Cola Airs Multilingual ‘America the Beautiful’

Most immigrants to America end up learning English because most of them want to. However, they want to maintain their language from their home country. Other countries encourage their citizens to learn multiple languages, including English so I don't understand why some people in America are so adamant about learning English or go home. Actually, it takes time for people who move here to learn English if they haven't already.

Silly

In Romania, you're taught English starting in the 3rd grade. It is supposed to make us "more culturally diverse" according to teachers and parents. I agree, it opens up tons of windows to know a second language. Regardless of what your first language is or your only language... All the people living in America want to be or are Americans... It shouldn't matter where they come from. We're all the same under our skin.

I happen to be one of those - I am a native American. Please stop using us as examples - I get along just fine with my fellow Americans.

No, you are not. You have not learn about our ways. Nope. **shaking my head**

No, you are not. You have not learn about our ways. Nope. **shaking my head**

Yeah.... as far as I'm concerned, I don't really count people as "Native American" that are less than half. I can't TELL you how many people I've ran into that say "I'm Native American" that have a tiny little itty bitty piece... So annoying. :roll: I have a very good friend of mine who is full Mohawk. I have spent a lot of time with her and her family. They are incredibly non-judgmental people and believe that we are spirits and that if two spirits fall in love, their outward gender means nothing. They have done MANY gay weddings! It's accepted by them! I'm pretty sure if you want to throw out that "You're Native American" Stein, you might want to go take a look at Native American beliefs and realize they're the polar opposite of yours before you start throwing that around now... They are very accepting and let it be let it be people... I have to say, conservatives don't fit in with anything Native Americans believe, from my interactions with them.

Back