Sign in if you're proud to be Deaf

I'm proud to be deaf. :)

I am proud to be who I am, and being HoH is a big part of that. So yeah, I'm proud. Damn straight.:rockon:

I could never understand why a person could be proud to be deaf or HOH ! I hate being HOH! I hate wearing a HA , not being to understand my grandchild on the phone going to movies, having to stay back in school 3 years! Not being able to hear what being said at city hall meeting , missing a good joke ! I guess I made my point! It suck being HOH!
I can understand your frustration. Sometimes I go through that too. I'm always the youngest person in the waiting room at my audiologist's office, I'm the only one at work who is HOH (and I work in a secretary's position), and I used to worry about finding that special someone because of being HOH. I can't hear birds chirping, the wind blowing, and I definitely have to look both ways before crossing. I have my moments when I cry and question God as to why He made me like this. It's not always sunshine and running through flowers. It gets hard sometimes.

But you know what? I realize that God is in control, and that He made me like this for a reason. God made me special. I know His will is going to be done for me in my life. And I know that I'm not the only one who's HOH. That's what keeps me. That, and I join support forums (such as this one) that'll help me cope.

It'll be okay, I promise. Just take it one day at a time. Pray, and take a deep breath. :)

Hope this helped.

I am IN!!!!! I use to pray to be able to hear. My family treated it like it was a disease that could be fixed and still do. Oh hearing aids will fix it or surgery. Surgery only made it worse and hearing aids break. After years of thinking maybe God will heal me, I realize that He created me like this for a reason. I also know now that I am not broken, He knew what He was doing all along. :)

being deaf doesn't define who i am. i don't mind it at all, though. so i guess i'll sign in anyway!

:wave:what about proud to be hoh and have LD and be strong proponent of ASL/Deaf culture?

<if this needs to be moved, go ahead>

Count me in! HOH since age two and loving every minute of it ;) of course it does not define my entire existence but I'm proud to be a part of the deaf community.

In, and now adding" militant" to my title of Proud Deaf.

Yea, baby! Botti can plan the invasions. What area do you want to conquer first? :thumb:

I vote for somewhere with ewok dogs. :cool2:

Yea, baby! Botti can plan the invasions. What area do you want to conquer first? :thumb:

I vote for somewhere with ewok dogs. :cool2:

:laugh2: I love ewok dogs. They will be second in command! Wait, are there a lot of deaf Tibetan's? Because that sounds like our first invasion. :shrug:

Back