Sexual Abuse of Deaf Students in Schools...

((((((Cato)))))))

Hmm, a former priest at MSD? Thought it was the boy scout leader, a perverted old man named Cliff Grant (doesnt deserve the respect of privacy) :rl: He took advantage of his middle school aged to early high school aged boy troops, and his houseparent duties at the boys' dorm. SICK. Those young boys were VULNERABLE and too little to fight back! I was 16 and still at MSD at the time when they arrested him and sent out letters to parents. Oh boy... I totally despised the old man and had bad vibes from him. I think he had a power trip with big ego and crashed big time.

Also, other students can be capable of such a heinous act of raping and sexually molesting other students. Even 13 year old girls can do it. Think only two of you know what I am talking about. It's a shame these things happen, and parents should remain appraised of these things-- keep constant vigilance and tighten the vise on the administrators' balls or boobs whenever needed! Even more important what the responsible adults DO after such a thing happens... just don't sit around with thumbs up their asses, hoping the kid will be fine without support.

This is sort of a sore spot with me, too.. I guess you could tell when I support the philosophy of rapists and molestors being castrasted? LOL

Liza said:
This is sort of a sore spot with me, too.. I guess you could tell when I support the philosophy of rapists and molestors being castrasted? LOL

Hear, hear. I'm with you on this, Liza. One hundred percent. I don't even think castration is harsh enough. I would say castration, surgical re-attachment, and then another castration. Or perhaps cherry bombs or some other means of torture. Point is, nothing will ever justify the crimes they commit against others.

Liza said:
((((((Cato)))))))

Hmm, a former priest at MSD? Thought it was the boy scout leader, a perverted old man named Cliff Grant (doesnt deserve the respect of privacy) :rl: He took advantage of his middle school aged to early high school aged boy troops, and his houseparent duties at the boys' dorm. SICK. Those young boys were VULNERABLE and too little to fight back! I was 16 and still at MSD at the time when they arrested him and sent out letters to parents. Oh boy... I totally despised the old man and had bad vibes from him. I think he had a power trip with big ego and crashed big time.

Also, other students can be capable of such a heinous act of raping and sexually molesting other students. Even 13 year old girls can do it. Think only two of you know what I am talking about. It's a shame these things happen, and parents should remain appraised of these things-- keep constant vigilance and tighten the vise on the administrators' balls or boobs whenever needed! Even more important what the responsible adults DO after such a thing happens... just don't sit around with thumbs up their asses, hoping the kid will be fine without support.

Liza -- yes Cliff Grant was one of the asshole staff members at MarylandSD grrr i know i couldnt stand him either -- same with Harry Woosley -- he was one of the boy scouts leaders too -- he was also arrested along with quite a few -- one happened before ur time Jim Isner (last name unsure now of the spelling) from middle school killed himself after he was arrested for raping the boys -- fucking SICK -- he hung himself in the Frederick City (or county) jail -- all this happened during my time at the school and after i was expelled there it was still continuing til ofc some 10 or so years later learning of another sexual assault case involving the female houseparent to a student *smh* and i happened to know the female houseparent sheesh -- i agree Liza -- some staff members deserves no respect to privacy and YES i think they oughta be castrated AND their dicks cut off TOO not just their balls!

Malfoyish said:
Hear, hear. I'm with you on this, Liza. One hundred percent. I don't even think castration is harsh enough. I would say castration, surgical re-attachment, and then another castration. Or perhaps cherry bombs or some other means of torture. Point is, nothing will ever justify the crimes they commit against others.

Malfy and Liza,

Here's a thought ...

How about the death penalty for serial rapists and child molesters? I have thought about this for years, and I really think that this is THE ONLY fit punishment for crimes against women and children. And, I think the women/children (if old enough), should be allowed to WATCH it being carried out. :)

Oceanbreeze -- how abt having 'em raped FIRST (treated the same way they treated their vics) then u can kill them! :D

I know, I know! How about making him like that human fire alarm we saw elsewhere? Perpetual public humiliation and hope there's lots of fires, too! :laugh2: :laugh2:

Sorry if I mention something that others already mentioned.. In fact, I didn't read all of posts in this topic however I would like to add two schools to the deaf school list:

Austine School for the Deaf (Vermont)
New Mexico School for the Deaf

Austine admins finally took a action when several families sued the school for allowing one specific staff (who molested several girls) worked there and various reasons (also they sued that staff as well for that immoral action).

New Mexico School for the Deaf.. there are numbers of molestation cases by several staffs & students as well (heck, they kept one staff who did even though with numbers of witnesses verified it) but they run free in their lives while these students are suffering by these immoral activities. Sad eh?

Heard the numbers of rumors by different sources that Indiana School for the Deaf have long, long history of sexually molesting by staffs & students (most of these cases by homosexuals.. anyway that is like 20 years or longer history...)

Like some people here said, deaf schools are not only who have the problems.

Last edited:
Magatsu, when did this happen at the NM School for the Deaf and is it still going on there??

Tousi said:
Magatsu, when did this happen at the NM School for the Deaf and is it still going on there??
I am not sure, I joined in late 90's as a staff and found many information thru paperworks. But I believe it was approx 1995-present but probably longer than that. I am not sure about staffs themselves in present.. but I do know few who did during 1995-2001...

However about students, there are still some student to student molesting cases around there (there were one or two "rape" cases two years ago by same student yet they welcomed him back with open arms in 4 months later or so).

Edit: It is perhaps that they magically changed themselves right after many staffs and I left there. Who knows? :)

Last edited:
Mata...you say maybe they "magically" changed themselves.........I sure hope so because I know the Supt there and I know he would do all in his power to stop this kind of activity........thanks

Right now I am putting myself in a difficult position with that comment.

Tousi, in fact, it was the current Supt in NMSD who welcomed that rapist with open arms while some staffs opposite the idea about having him back to NMSD because we know that rapist will do that again which he already did, not rape but attempt to rape the young girl before other young boy who intervened. That young girl was took out of school by angry mother when found out that they allowed him stay in the school right after that incident because that supt need him for sports. No, I am not exaggerating...

Last edited:
Mata....sigh.......thank you for the information....really sad, huh? Well, if the Supt. keeps that up, things like this have a way of coming back and biting him inna azz! Right!?

I was reading all through your comments...I have heard countless stories of sex abusive within deaf schools...I thought I am lucky it didnt happen to me...but until I get in college...my roommate did all sex abuse upon young teenager boys bringing all of them inside my apartment...I didnt know it until later, and it got me anger and hurt to find out. I am thankful this I was able to help out the one dear friend who was victim of him to become successful person in college...I am so proud of this...

Last edited:
BigSpike, sounds like your roomie was a pedarast. Those guys are SICK!!!!! They are attracted to younger teens and their justifications for their attractions are beyond nasty and illogical .....and yes they do have messageboards and even an offical organization called NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association)

deafdyke said:
BigSpike, sounds like your roomie was a pedarast. Those guys are SICK!!!!! They are attracted to younger teens and their justifications for their attractions are beyond nasty and illogical .....and yes they do have messageboards and even an offical organization called NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association)

:rl: Yes how sick the people are filled their mind with molesting around..it shocked me alot and really anger me...because the young children are just innocent...it is unfair when children are being molested then when they grow up and they end up molesting other it keep going like a recyle repeatly, how sad?

Last edited:
I'm Oregon School for the Deaf Alumni. When I graduated in 2001 then that upcoming fall -- My former school administrator was accussed of sexual abuse. I wasn't surprised at all, but how ironic because his wife is High School Principal. There was lot of things happening on the campus throughout my high school years. There was lot of physical and verbal abuse as well. But I was never a "victim" - thank goodness. Really - there is sexual, verbal and physical abuse happening at every deaf school.

We got our 6 new educational brochures this week.

Domestic Violence Resources
Youth Empowerment Program
Americans with Disabilities Act
Title I Americans with Disabilities Act
Deaf Teen Challenges Tobacco and Alcohol
Deaf Teen Challenges Club Drugs and Inhalants

Private mail ocdac_news@juno.com mailing address for free copies by mail.

Richard Roehm

LSD Sexual Abuse

"FEBRUARY 2000: State task force investigating sexual abuse at Louisiana School for the Deaf criticizes superintendent, recommends more staff training."

I am the hearing father of a deaf son who was attending Louisiana School For The Deaf when the above listed investigation was transpiring. My wife became a volunteer worker there when she noticed suspicious behavoir from our son who was 4 at the time and attending this school. He started having violent episodes at LSD when in the dorm and subsequently given medication for such, allegedly this was a behavorial disorder. It was also around this time that I noticed conflict between my wife and dorm workers. I reprimanded her for being mouthy to one of the DC's and she informed me that I ought to see how they treat her when I am not present. In any case, I chalked this up to personality confilct and assumed this attitude would eventually get better. I work in Africa usually 10 months a year, therefore am not home all that much. The reason why my wife became a volunteer worker at LSD was due to the fact that she felt that something inappropriate was going on, but could not figure it out. She wanted to be closer to our son and try to find out for herself just what was happening as he could not tell us at the time. We were officially notified that "something had happened at the dorm, but that the school was doing their own investigation and we would be provided official documentation when that was complete and that this info would be sent home with our son on the bus with his back pack". Needless to say, the rest of the school year passed with no more info, in spite of the fact that my wife had requested paperwork from this incident repeatedly. My wife told me nothing of these suspicions as she did not want me to worry as I work in dangerous fields and remote areas. That summer passed and shortly after the start of the new school year, my wife and I were asked to attend a meeting with the school superintendent and another family with a deaf child in his office on campus. The purpose of this meeting was to give assurance to this family as to the quality of life and security their child would enjoy while attending LSD. The meeting went well. We left for lunch and it was then that my wife told me that something happended the previous year and that the superintendent was supposed to legeally provide us with some kind of documentation concerning this. She wanted me to address this issue as she was continously disregarded by the school. I had planned on going straight home after the meeting, but instead waited for the Supt to return. I caught him as he exited his car and told him that I needed this paperwork, not aware myself of what this paperwork was to be. I followed him into the office where we just concluded our meeting when he simple reached onto his desk and handed me a manilla folder with a big stack of papers in it. I thanked him and headed to my car and proceeded to drive back home which was on the opposite side of the state. My wife read the documents to me while I was driving. My initial gut reaction was to stop by Wal-Mart and buy a shotgun and head back to this place. My wife and I were both in tears over the documentation that we read. The hurt we felt was indescribable. The info clearly stated that my 4 year old son had been repeatedly molested by an older student. This occured while the DC's were present. I was provided copies of their own admission of guilt and what punishment those responsible received, nothing more than a reprimand be put in their file. The school in it's own investigation had my son do role playing with anatomically correct dolls without my knowledge. In fact, all this was intentionally hiddden from me. I was known at this school as a man that acts quickly. That explains why the Supt was shaking when he handed me the documents. Had I already been aware, God forgive what I would have done. It is the time that LSD was being investigated that I want to point out. LSD had a volunteer worker or let us just call him that for now, that called my house and informed my wife that something is going on at the school. While this outside investigation was going on, the worker found my sons documents concerning his molestation hidden in a closet under some junk, so the administration was actively attempting to hide this info from investigators. I currently have a law suit against this school. It has been a long time and still we have not settled. Even though admission of guilt has been documented by the school. Ultimately, I had to leave LA and am now in Missouri where my son attends MSD, which is so much of a better place that LSD can not even compare. I live with the regret of ever moving back to LA which I did just so my son would have a deaf school to attend. The financial cost associated with having had to relocate my whole family is one that I am just getting over now as we speak. It pains me so much to know that the last time I checked the LSD web site, the same Supt was still working there. LSD has been so unmerciful to us and traumatized my family in ways that worda can not describe. I just had a recent letter from my lawyers stating that we will soon be having a meeting with the lawyers for LSD. I am anxious to get this over with. I feel the owe my son Millions... They owe me for violating my parental rights by attempting to cover up this activity and for the adult role playing they did without my consent or knowledge. They should be legally obligated to re-imburse me on all the cost incurred that this disruption in my life has brought. I also believe that this cover up should be a criminal offense and that all concerned in this action should be tried for criminal activity. I am currently relying on the legal system to make things in order. I can't say to make things right, for nothing at this point can undo the damage that has been done. LSD has left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I told my parents recently that if it were not for the fact that they still live there, I would never return to this state again. I will attempt to keep my friends and family in the deaf community abreast as to what is happening in our case. It is more than time to expose this activity and start serving justice to those responsible for these crimes. If you are a government employee who is caring for a child in his / her parents absence, stand warned. Do your job or get out. What more training does an adult need to stop another handicapped child from molesting a child who is barely out of infancy? The gov't that hires people who actually need more traning on issues like this should be held accountable. May God have mercy on you.....

Elden Vizena
intdude@gmail.com

Intdude, thank you for sharing your story with us. I know it's an awful, awful thing that this happened to your child.

This is why I advocate against students staying at the school as residential students. There are just far too many similar cases to be ignored, but it is being ignored anyway. I urge that you spread public awareness of this problem because this occurs at many residential schools for the deaf. We had a horrible, horrible situation at Jericho Hill School in British Columbia, Canada.

To read a report on the abuse at Jericho Hill School, click here

A residential student is at a much higher risk of being abused in comparison to a day student, period. It also makes the situation more difficult because they are without their parents and at a long distance from their homes. They are being watched by non-relatives and low-paid staff. I strongly believe that most of the house-parents are not capable of doing the job properly due to most being non-certificated. It's a very scary thought, I don't approve of residential schools at all. A child should always live at home, never the school because their parents are the most important figures in their lives. Spending 5 days a week away from home isn't right, and worse, there are some schools where students can only go home for the holidays.

I give you my deepest sympathies that it happened to your child. I hope your child will be able to overcome of what happened and that the superintendent will be fired. You can get the superintendent fired if you get enough support. You can do it and you have my support!

Back