School bans activities at recess

Oh dear lord...... Bubbles wouldn't knock a kid out, they'd pop in one of their eyes and it would burn certainly causing extreme loss of sight! :roll:

Oh dear lord...... Bubbles wouldn't knock a kid out, they'd pop in one of their eyes and it would burn certainly causing extreme loss of sight! :roll:

LOL!! I know they would blinded for life and have nightmare of giant bubbles attacking them for the rest of their life. I like what one person said in the link I posted , "we might as well send our kids to school wrapped in bubble wrap!" Can you see today kids trying to be in an Olympic, we're raising bunch of pansies.

From my friend:
The Death of Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
Why the early bird gets the worm;
Life isn’t always fair,
and maybe it was my fault.

Common sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don’t spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults are in charge not children).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of an 8 year old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student, but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses, and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common sense took a beating when you couldn’t defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common sense finally gave up the will to live, after a women failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common sense was preceded in death, by
His parents, truth and trust
His wife, discretion
His daughter, Responsibility
His son, reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers
I know my rights
I want my rights
I want it now
I’m a victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

And to take further people are sitting back and letting their kids bully other kids and 12 yo girl just went into a cement factory and climbed up ladder and jumped and killed herself because she could not deal the bulling anymore.
I wish people would spend more time trying to stop bulling instead of wasting time keeping kids from playing tag.

LOL!! I know they would blinded for life and have nightmare of giant bubbles attacking them for the rest of their life. I like what one person said in the link I posted , "we might as well send our kids to school wrapped in bubble wrap!" Can you see today kids trying to be in an Olympic, we're raising bunch of pansies.

Pansies doesn't even begin to cover what we're raising.... :roll: I remember we had concrete and wood chips on the playground! Sometimes you fell and skinned your knee, and once I feel and got a wood chip stuck under my skin. They pulled it out, cleaned it, put a bandaid on it and said go back outside! Oh my lord, I LIVED THIS LONG! What a miracle! :roll: How I managed this far in life without dying is nothing short of amazing!

Pansies doesn't even begin to cover what we're raising.... :roll: I remember we had concrete and wood chips on the playground! Sometimes you fell and skinned your knee, and once I feel and got a wood chip stuck under my skin. They pulled it out, cleaned it, put a bandaid on it and said go back outside! Oh my lord, I LIVED THIS LONG! What a miracle! :roll: How I managed this far in life without dying is nothing short of amazing!

My daughter feel on a gravel road and got gravel embedded in her knee , she had the gravel picked out of her knee and she still a piece of gravel in her knee. She was a camp and when back outside to play after she was cleaned. I had my middle finger sewed back on when I was about 4 yo and about two days later I when sledding with my older sister and I still could not bend my finger .

In my old school (NJSD), there was no football team because of high insurance.

Lol our country just gets dumber and dumber by the day with this overanalyzation of things....prime example being this...a simple game of tag.....*Facepalm*

Bleh, the pussification of America continues. Disgusting, that. Weird thing is that NH, in many circles, is considered the state with the MOST freedom. Someone in that school district is just a special kind of stupid.

Bleh, the pussification of America continues. Disgusting, that. Weird thing is that NH, in many circles, is considered the state with the MOST freedom. Someone in that school district is just a special kind of stupid.

That is true , 'Live free or die' is printed right on New Hampshire license plates . Somebody in NH better go reread their license plate.

Although those 2 threads are about 2 different schools, but the ban is similar (ball, tag, etc) at recess. So I merged both threads here. :)

See Calvin's post above. I told you so.

Your post was about playing balls being banned mine is about tag being banned they're not the same game. And the title should say 'schools ban playing ball and tag at recess'

Your post was about playing balls being banned mine is about tag being banned they're not the same game. And the title should say 'schools ban playing ball and tag at recess'
No, I posted the link about banned tag game in post #32 (before you made a new thread about it) since this thread is all about banning during recess no matter what games so that's why I didn't make a new thread in the first place. Calvin merged your thread and this thread because it's similar as he said. That's all.

children got get the odd knock that how they learn how to avoid them...we taking everything away in form of free fun and rough and tumble,going to end up with generation of clones unable to relate to others

The Nanny State, saving us from ourselves one retarded rule/regulation and law after another. Weeeee! Go toy go!!!

children got get the odd knock that how they learn how to avoid them...we taking everything away in form of free fun and rough and tumble,going to end up with generation of clones unable to relate to others

Actually, your prediction is quite OPTIMISTIC! ;)

Actually, your prediction is quite OPTIMISTIC! ;)

icon12.gif
yep

Some schools in my state , Ma. has a ban on rainbow-bracelets already .
What is next, kids wearing hearing aid and earmold in bright colors ??

Back