Sarah Palin Quits

pek1

Reaction score
Palin Quits as Alaska Governor - Political News - FOXNews.com

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said Friday that she is stepping down at the end of the month, setting up a potential run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012.

FOXNews.com

Friday, July 03, 2009

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin shocked the political word Friday by announcing that she will step down at the end of the month and transfer power to Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell.

Palin made the announcement from her home in Wasilla, flanked by her husband, Todd, and family and state commissioners.

The announcement came on the same week that one of her top public health officials says she was forced out of office because Palin felt she wasn't in step on social issues.

Palin's decision now allows her to avoid the difficult task of running for president while serving as governor.

Todd Palin told FOX News that his wife will concentrate on "doing the things for Alaska and the country" that she is passionate about and can not do as governor with the limitation and constant opposition she deals with within the state.

Palin, who defeated incumbent Gov. Murkowski in a primary in 2006, gained national prominence when GOP presidential candidate John McCain picked her as his running mate last year. But her approval ratings in the state have skidded in recent months.

Palin has been dogged in recent months by ethics inquiries. Her office last month announced the 15th dismissal of an ethics complaint against her or one of her staff.

On Wednesday, Beverly Wooley, who has worked more than 20 years in public health in Alaska, most of it with the municipality of Anchorage, ended her stint as state public health director.

She's the second top health official to leave within days. The state's chief medical officer, Jay Butler, left in late June after declining to take on Wooley's job along with his own. He now is in Atlanta, overseeing a U.S. Centers for Disease Control task force on a vaccine to protect against the H1N1 flu virus.

FOX News' Chad Pergram and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

This is the BEST News I've heard since my being cleared to graduate at Minnesota State University Moorhead. We need to get Obama out, impeachment if we have to. Our economy is so bad and, as a former Democrat, I have totally been repulsed by Obama and his entire staff.

We need leadership and Obama is NOT leading. We have way too many people out of work, college grads that can't find work at a liveable wage and way too many people having to work two, three or more jobs just to keep food on the table at jobs they can't stand.

We need change and the sooner we get Obama out, the sooner we can get to what's important to the United States, not by taking away our grandchildrens' grandchildrens money the way that man is.

Again, "microwave dinner syndrome". People expect Obama to get them jobs right away. It does NOT work. Never worked in the past and never will in the future. It ALWAYS take *months* to start working.

And remember, the economy is WORLDWIDE, not just USA. When the entire world economy falls, so will USA.

567.gif

This is why I didn't vote obama. Too many lazy people vote obama now they realized they make mistake.

He just raise tax to outage. our health insurance for family normal is $400 per months now it $1,000.

Have anyone notice Obama doesn't want lose GM? But spend billions to keep GM alive.

Economy never improve it almost SAME when Bush was president.

Lot black people I talk they didn't realized what they were vote for. They vote for black instead listen what they say instead say I vote Obama because he is black. WOW. That IDIOT I have heard. Every human are same.

I blame stupid dumber Medias who bug Palin and make her look bad.

whoa hold it right there...Obama isn't helping GM at all. He doens't want to do anything with the american car industry for a reason so it's their problem...not Obama's and besides, we get most of the cars from Japan since they are better cars than American cars.

And like many said, it takes YEARS to improve the economy so don't blame Obama on that...blame someone who was President in the last 8 years.

It only been 7 months since Obama is in his first term and I have seen some improvements, but many other problems still take time to improve it so seriously...be patient and give him time. We can't always let him deal with all the problems as sometimes we have to deal with some problems ourselves.

Of course...why bother talking about Obama when this article had nothing to do with him? It's all bout Sarah Palin who's quitting and planning to run for President in 2012? *scoffs* don't make me laugh...she doesn't stand a chance.

Probably, Sarah will not win in run for president
Some people hate her because she love to shoot wild animals from helipcopter.

She has great qualities to be a leader. I didn't vote Obama, voted Palin :)

:wave: I hope Mrs Palin and family are all well. I wish them the best!

I suspect she is done with politics. She has the potential to earn a lot more money being on TV or writing a book. I believe she truly cares about her family, the great state of Alaska and the United States of America. My thoughts.

Last edited:
Last fall, Sarah Palin visited at Phila Flyers's opening day game. Almost all fans called "BOOOOOOOOOO" at Sarah and her daughter.

I'm hoping to see her in the congress but it's fine that she quit. I'm sure she has no problem continuing to be the governor but choose not to.

Again, "microwave dinner syndrome". People expect Obama to get them jobs right away. It does NOT work. Never worked in the past and never will in the future. It ALWAYS take *months* to start working.

And remember, the economy is WORLDWIDE, not just USA. When the entire world economy falls, so will USA.

I agree...people expect miracles from Obama..it takes time.

Palin for president? Hahahaha!

From what I've seen from Palin, she's better off in the loony bin than in the White House. The Republican leaders have all been nothing but a bunch of loose screws. Can't believe that George Bush was chosen over Al Gore. :shock:

She should stay in Alaskan politics.

I liked Palin also....such a "spunky" lady...but felt Hillary was more qualified and "all around".....Just think....Hillary & Bill together, with all that "experience"! ....

I did not vote for Obama either, felt he was under qualified. But the voters voted him into office, so "giving him the benefit of the doubt".....

I'm also getting somewhat depressed about unemployment, health care, the cost of food, gas....just about everything!....Seems everything has gone up at least 25 to 50 cents more at the grocery stores, some things much more....it gets hard to shop with a limited budget.

Here in Jacksonville, I see more and more people in the bread lines, getting free food, bread, veggies, etc. And at the Churches also!....It's sad! And of course, the children with the parent(s) helping carry the free food & bread....I so long for the "good ol' days" when food was plentiful, gas was cheap! And jobs were everywhere!.....

I don't know where we are headed!....I feel the "breaking point" is coming for us all.....

If any woman was to become president, I would want it to be Hillary Clinton. I wanted her to win the democratic nomination, but when she didn't I just went with Obama. Could have cared less about the Republicans.

Back