Rules in Deaf culture?

Right, but they still deleted the friendship on FB. Ah well - drphil just doesn't understand how to stop fueling fights, disagreements and confusion. Time for me to add him to my ignore list I think.

I got deleted too. Oh well.

Me, too, and really, I do not blame her. She is being a fiercely protective Mom and I will respect that.

Ah ah ah! :hug: I'd never remove you Beowulf, we've been friends for far too long. Days dating back to the DC/DL days, I value our friendship very much.

I find it very sad that some people feel the need to justify their actions by PMing me and explaining to me after the fact what happened. Not once but twice. I am still in the hospital; recovering. We have two very beautiful daughters that I am fiercely protective of. I spent almost 9 months carrying them and I will be damned if I allow anything to happen to them.

It is at MY own discretion to share information and it is not YOUR own business to share information that isn't your OWN business to begin with. Just because I was happy to share information with you all in the first place doesn't grant YOU the courtesy to abuse it.

Those removed from MY own FB knows why; I shouldn't have to explain why. Once again, what I share here and at FB is MY own business and is at my OWN discretion- not for YOU to decide to advertise at another place.

This is something called common courtesy, respect and allowing another person their own privacy. I'm just very disappointed that my family had to be the subject of discussion.

I've been much more than gracious and this is the straw that broke the camel's back. Being a Mom now, you're dealing with another person now. Screw with me, you're screwing with my whole family and I don't like it one bit. Back off, period.

Ah ah ah! :hug: I'd never remove you Beowulf, we've been friends for far too long. Days dating back to the DC/DL days, I value our friendship very much.

I find it very sad that some people feel the need to justify their actions by PMing me and explaining to me after the fact what happened. Not once but twice. I am still in the hospital; recovering. We have two very beautiful daughters that I am fiercely protective of. I spent almost 9 months carrying them and I will be damned if I allow anything to happen to them.

It is at MY own discretion to share information and it is not YOUR own business to share information that isn't your OWN business to begin with. Just because I was happy to share information with you all in the first place doesn't grant YOU the courtesy to abuse it.

Those removed from MY own FB knows why; I shouldn't have to explain why. Once again, what I share here and at FB is MY own business and is at my OWN discretion- not for YOU to decide to advertise at another place.

This is something called common courtesy, respect and allowing another person their own privacy. I'm just very disappointed that my family had to be the subject of discussion.

I've been much more than gracious and this is the straw that broke the camel's back. Being a Mom now, you're dealing with another person now. Screw with me, you're screwing with my whole family and I don't like it one bit. Back off, period.

From one mother tiger to another :h5:

Cheers to Mrs Bucket. Enjoy your twin daughters.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Thank for nothing!! You have successfully ruined my day.

He gets a perverse joy out of that, too. Don't give him that kind of power. He is a miserable person that wants company in his misery.

Sorry that you have to go thru this crap. I didnt know about this til Beowolf told me about it. I was disappointed and was sad that you got hurt. I am on your side. Here is my Hugs. :hug: Also I havent been in AD for a while. Once in a while I will pop up but not as often like I did in the past. Again :hug:

Here is a violation of a rule in Deaf culture. A hearing person coming into a Deaf cultural environment, and then attempting to define and change the existing characteristics of that environment.

yeah happened here alrrady we kicked out a hearing man for being so grumpy and telling us what is acceptable amount of food to eat in the after-games dinner, (it was me who he picked on!), and im skinny but i eat like a horse, and he gets shitty everyone told he to eff off , dont come back playing pool as member again...seriously he was really moody and rude. We do what we like, its our club, no hearies is allowed to tell us what to do. Mind you i didnt even know what was going on at the time i was too busy enjoying chatting and for last 2 weeks he hasnt came back so other members told me their decision, I didnt even Whine a bit. they just didnt liked him getting shitty shaking fists (he was an aged tempermental boxer) so out he went.. i was never afraid of him anyway

Right, but they still deleted the friendship on FB. Ah well - drphil just doesn't understand how to stop fueling fights, disagreements and confusion. Time for me to add him to my ignore list I think.

Dr.phil alwasy ask many time not rule change rule strictly high handle! I am apologized on because waste of time on because he is very many time! stop play games on thinks I am serious!

I warned you langauge inapropriate sily pretend call twist" issues your personal

I am apologzied, respect to to alldeaf member

Thank

you reading before force understand!

Last edited:
I am working very hard to stay off my rant regarding this whole debacle. All I can do is move on.

Still haven't gotten a response to the question I posted way back, but maybe it wasn't important enough.

I have a question regarding something I think would fall under "Rules for Deaf Culture".

I know it is considered rude to leave the room or building when at a deaf function without explaining. What I am finding at deaf church is, When we are done, people will chat amongst each other. I will sometimes join in, if only to learn more ASL. Seeing as I am on time restraints due to my family, I sometimes am unable to spend much time after church, so I try to explain that I have to go and deal with family. Well, I keep getting stopped by this person, then that person and it seems that another 1/2 hour goes by and I haven't been able to leave. At what point do I say, "Enough is enough, I have to go" without it being rude?

This was the question I asked earlier.

Back