Rules in Deaf culture?

In this thread?

Yes, in this thread. He was just following the conversation with Botts re: Mrs. Buckets being in his town and could show him around, drphil mentioned that Mrs. B. has more to do these days with the birth of her twins, plus he is busy with his own grandchildren.

Is it so terrible to go mildly off-topic once in a while, for a nice little chat?

Yes, in this thread. He was just following the conversation with Botts re: Mrs. Buckets being in his town and could show him around, drphil mentioned that Mrs. B. has more to do these days with the birth of her twins, plus he is busy with his own grandchildren.

Is it so terrible to go mildly off-topic once in a while, for a nice little chat?

Huh. I did not say anything about going off topic. I asked if it was in this thread because I didn't see anything about Mrs Bucket other than his posts unless I missed something, so I didn't get the "ask above posters". Sorry for asking a question.

I agree with Fuzzy on this one. I also have 7 kids. I have many friends who have often been very generous in giving our family a fun day from time to time and it is always much appreciated as a big family, we have to limit the times we go out ALL together at once. Yet, we also do not like to take advantage of their generosity.

We often receive snide remarks from the odd stranger about 'Do you know how much it costs to feed, clothe and shelter a kid'. Of course we know, we are the ones providing for our families. So, in response to the OPs question, your friend was just giving something to help with the excess expense in which you had given out. It is both a grateful and responsible gesture.

Given we live in society with various norms/values "clashing" with each other one probably considers how to live notwithstanding one individual circumstances. As mentioned above the "fat/obese" person "bombarded with gratuitous advice-diet"!

I am aware a "deaf/Deaf/DEAF' person can be "fat/obese"- Oppression squared?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

A nice little chat with whom? Mrs Bucket? She is a friend of mine and I feel sorry for those who would talk behind her back.

Mrs Bucket has already informed Alldeaf.com the arrival of the twin girls. From my past experience-believe she and her husband are really busy these days.
Beach girl comment relate to Bottesini's comment.

Mrs Bucket has already informed Alldeaf.com the arrival of the twin girls. From my past experience-believe she and her husband are really busy these days.
Beach girl comment relate to Bottesini's comment.

Uh huh. Would it upset you to know that there is a secret thread where we bash you only when you're not online? :cool2:

Uh huh. Would it upset you to know that there is a secret thread where we bash you only when you're not online? :cool2:

What are you talking about?? No one is bashing Mrs. B.! Far from it - Bottesini was suggesting that drphil and Mrs. B. might enjoy knowing each other.

What are you talking about?? No one is bashing Mrs. B.! Far from it - Bottesini was suggesting that drphil and Mrs. B. might enjoy knowing each other.

Well, I was also pointing out that Mrs. Bucket has offered to introduce him to Toronto's deaf community, and that he could get involved and not be left out if he wanted to.

In other words , really broaden his circle of friends.

Well, I was also pointing out that Mrs. Bucket has offered to introduce him to Toronto's deaf community, and that he could get involved and not be left out if he wanted to.

Which is all good stuff, right? Seems like a compliment to Mrs. B, if anything. You're not bashing anyone, drphil isn't bashing anyone, it's not what I would call "talking behind someone's back" at all.

Beowulf seemed to be getting protective of Mrs. B and I didn't see that there was anything there to get protective over.

Did he take her up on it?

I think Beowulf was directing that comment regarding drphil and not Mrs. B. He would never comment or joke about having a bashing thread regarding Mrs. B.

I have a question regarding something I think would fall under "Rules for Deaf Culture".

I know it is considered rude to leave the room or building when at a deaf function without explaining. What I am finding at deaf church is, When we are done, people will chat amongst each other. I will sometimes join in, if only to learn more ASL. Seeing as I am on time restraints due to my family, I sometimes am unable to spend much time after church, so I try to explain that I have to go and deal with family. Well, I keep getting stopped by this person, then that person and it seems that another 1/2 hour goes by and I haven't been able to leave. At what point do I say, "Enough is enough, I have to go" without it being rude?

I have received a number of private messages from Mrs Bucket. "Surprised" at her graciousness.

For the near future I believe she has more pressing immediate matters on hand- her twin daughters- than an ongoing discussion re deaf/DEAF or Blind/deaf interactions in our society.

I have a question regarding something I think would fall under "Rules for Deaf Culture".

I know it is considered rude to leave the room or building when at a deaf function without explaining. What I am finding at deaf church is, When we are done, people will chat amongst each other. I will sometimes join in, if only to learn more ASL. Seeing as I am on time restraints due to my family, I sometimes am unable to spend much time after church, so I try to explain that I have to go and deal with family. Well, I keep getting stopped by this person, then that person and it seems that another 1/2 hour goes by and I haven't been able to leave. At what point do I say, "Enough is enough, I have to go" without it being rude?

I agree you! I am guess personal too much Dr.phil too most often 0_o I know patient accept doing nothing I understand!

I have received a number of private messages from Mrs Bucket. "Surprised" at her graciousness.

For the near future I believe she has more pressing immediate matters on hand- her twin daughters- than an ongoing discussion re deaf/DEAF or Blind/deaf interactions in our society.

I don't understand why point! no idea!

Back