RIP Windows XP

>10 print "old school technology sucks!!!"
>20 goto 10
>run

This reminded me of the time I was a teenager when I learned how to code with QWBasic and QBasic. People didn't like how the goto command lets people avoid making well-structured code as well as disrupt code structure, flow, and readability.

It's calls NeXT computer. He opened the new business NeXt computer after he got fired from Apple. Later, NeXT computer OS sold to Apple when he returned to Apple.

2 different companies. Steve Jobs had both Pixar and NeXT.

NeXT = Steve Jobs co-founded it
Pixar = part of LucasFilms and Steve Jobs was a major shareholder

my first computer was a Commodore

My first college computer programming classes were in 1982 but I don't remember what computers we used. That was the Stone Age. :lol:

Sinclair our first computer...VERY SAD rip xp I think at the end I understood it better and now to late :(

Good riddance to XP. Seriously. Time to move on.

XP has been alive ever since 2001 (1999 to 2001 if you count the developmental, like alpha, beta, and release candidate, builds).

I don't feel sorry for those companies that get caught flat-footed. If they absolutely HAVE to stick to XP for any, albeit lame, reason whatsoever, they would have to PAY Microsoft a lot of money (like literally millions) to keep supporting XP beyond April 8th.

I say, time to upgrade to at least Windows 7 or above. Even Windows Vista (from which Windows 7 is built off from, btw) is light-years ahead of XP in so many ways that I'm not gonna list them all on here. :)

I still miss Windows 98, but those are memories now and that is where they will stay. I just hope they don't give Windows 7 the axe anytime soon because I refuse to use windows 8; not sure what I'll do then, but I don't have to worry about that anytime soon.

On a tangent, the sadness in knowing who you are, the things you've seen or done are just gone when you die.. Kinda reminds me of Blade Runner..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8

I still miss Windows 98, but those are memories now and that is where they will stay. I just hope they don't give Windows 7 the axe anytime soon because I refuse to use windows 8; not sure what I'll do then, but I don't have to worry about that anytime soon.

rise linux gui's! RIIIIISE!!!!!!! buhwahahahahah laughing manically!!! we are taking over the world by a storm with linux because too many conservatives wont jump to win 8 and beyond!!! :type::Owned::rofl:

Of course I'm kidding. I feel your pain. I have quite a few people asking me what to do and I am at the point where - sigh i just tell em get with program and go new with win 7 or go mac if you prefer.

That's me.. I don't upgrade until at least 2-3 or more years after they come out lol. I only just got Win7 on Baby Dell 3 years ago. I will probably hold onto this machine for a few more years plus I still have my XP machine and dad has an Win 98 machine too.

Don't know if I will ever go to a Mac or Linux considering I like to dabble in programming a lot- most of which are Windows based (if I can ever find a job too...).

Good riddance to XP. Seriously. Time to move on.

XP has been alive ever since 2001 (1999 to 2001 if you count the developmental, like alpha, beta, and release candidate, builds).

I don't feel sorry for those companies that get caught flat-footed. If they absolutely HAVE to stick to XP for any, albeit lame, reason whatsoever, they would have to PAY Microsoft a lot of money (like literally millions) to keep supporting XP beyond April 8th.

I say, time to upgrade to at least Windows 7 or above. Even Windows Vista (from which Windows 7 is built off from, btw) is light-years ahead of XP in so many ways that I'm not gonna list them all on here. :)

I retired to use XP after Windows 7 came out.

With Directx 12, it may support Windows 8 only. :hmm:

Back