RIP Windows XP

rip-xp.jpg

Linux is common use for servers... more stable. OSX is part of Unix system... I wouldn't mind having Linux systems.

...and with unix you can hack harddrives thats built in dvd recorders....

Linux is common use for servers... more stable. OSX is part of Unix system... I wouldn't mind having Linux systems.

Yes, Linux is commonly used for servers, but more and more people are now using the open source OS on laptops and desktops.

I have Linux on my Dell server, OSX on my MacBook Pro, Windows 7 Professional on my PC, Windows 7 Home Premium on TCS's laptop, iOS on TCS's iPod Touch, Android on my Polaroid tablet, and Blackberry on my cell phone. :dizzy:

My on-line college classes use mostly Windows 7 and some Linux. We still have to use IE for some course access. :P The graphic design major students use Mac. All the other college computers are Dell PC's with Windows 7.

I have Linux on my Dell server, OSX on my MacBook Pro, Windows 7 Professional on my PC, Windows 7 Home Premium on TCS's laptop, iOS on TCS's iPod Touch, Android on my Polaroid tablet, and Blackberry on my cell phone. :dizzy:

My on-line college classes use mostly Windows 7 and some Linux. We still have to use IE for some course access. :P The graphic design major students use Mac. All the other college computers are Dell PC's with Windows 7.

When I took online college courses, I could use any OS I wanted because Canvas (a open-source learning management system) is not OS dependent. It is not too surprising that graphic design major students uses Macs because Macs after all were created to optimize and enhance graphic design. I believe Macs were also used in developing an animation software that made Pixar a popular animation company.

I just wish people would stop using IE and use a more versatile browser like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, and Safari.

When I took online college courses, I could use any OS I wanted because Canvas (a open-source learning management system) is not OS dependent. It is not too surprising that graphic design major students uses Macs because Macs after all were created to optimize and enhance graphic design. I believe Macs were also used in developing an animation software that made Pixar a popular animation company.
My first computer at work was an Apple because I worked as a journalist, and Apples were the way to go for desktop publishing. The other computers at our command were all DOS; only the public affairs office was blessed with Apples (not yet called "Mac"). My first home computer was a used Apple. (Early 1990's; no internet.)

I just wish people would stop using IE and use a more versatile browser like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, and Safari.
I use Safari on my Mac, and mostly Firefox on the other computers. I also have Chrome. I only use IE when I absolutely must access a school-related site that requires it. At least it's only a couple things that still use IE.

I have friends my age for whom I do some computer help, and they still use Juno and IE for most things. They finally are making some updates but they will not let loose of the old ways. Another friend (in her 80's) still uses AOL.

My first computer at work was an Apple because I worked as a journalist, and Apples were the way to go for desktop publishing. The other computers at our command were all DOS; only the public affairs office was blessed with Apples (not yet called "Mac"). My first home computer was a used Apple. (Early 1990's; no internet.)

I use Safari on my Mac, and mostly Firefox on the other computers. I also have Chrome. I only use IE when I absolutely must access a school-related site that requires it. At least it's only a couple things that still use IE.

I have friends my age for whom I do some computer help, and they still use Juno and IE for most things. They finally are making some updates but they will not let loose of the old ways. Another friend (in her 80's) still uses AOL.
I had to smile at the last part. I am a die-hard AOL user. Been using it around 15 years. My ex kept trying to convince me to get rid of AOL. I stopped using AOL software 5 years ago but instead use their email. I love AOL email's layout and features.

Pixar is actually the name of high-end computer for animation purpose. Steve Jobs was one of Pixar's investors and later sold it to Disney Walts

Pixar is actually the name of high-end computer for animation purpose. Steve Jobs was one of Pixar's investors and later sold it to Disney Walts

Disney Walts?? Never seen it in that order before. :P

YOU recommend? ::roll: so it's like you're the EXPERT right? so how familiar are you with Linux:giggle:

lol... yes, I'm EXPERT in Linux and I know about ANYTHING because you gave me a sandwich that help me to gain the knowledge. :lol:

On other hand, seriously, I used Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Fedora, Linux Mint and openSUSE. I recommended Ubuntu to Mark because it is easier and UI friendly for new users with little or no Linux experience. For me, I have moderate Linux experience and in older Ubuntu OS, I had to use terminal to install the apps.

I quit using AOL after I got the cable modem. I still have the AOL email but they're all junks.. doesn't make sense when I'm paying both AOL and cable so I quit AOL and they say that I still can access e-mail for free. I just left it there since and use my gmail.

I had to smile at the last part. I am a die-hard AOL user. Been using it around 15 years. My ex kept trying to convince me to get rid of AOL. I stopped using AOL software 5 years ago but instead use their email. I love AOL email's layout and features.

It's calls NeXT computer. He opened the new business NeXt computer after he got fired from Apple. Later, NeXT computer OS sold to Apple when he returned to Apple.

Wow! You used one of the earliest versions of the Apple computer! That reminds me of the time I used a PC that ran Windows 3.1. It was pretty fun running DOS based games. Haha.

Yeah, I only use IE if I need to test for browser compatibility when developing sites. It is crazy when clients want to ensure that websites work on IE 8 and earlier! Bleh!

I remember in 2000 coming to a friend's house and connecting to the Internet through AOL. Man, that took a while!

I remember in 2000 coming to a friend's house and connecting to the Internet through AOL. Man, that took a while!

Yes dialing to connect took awhile. We would have to select closest phone numbers. This was through the phone lines that time. Sometimes it would be busy. Those old days lol.

Yes dialing to connect took awhile. We would have to select closest phone numbers. This was through the phone lines that time. Sometimes it would be busy. Those old days lol.

Oh yes, those old days! One day, physical cables will be obsolete! We all be connecting wirelessly. We all be charging wirelessly.

>10 print "old school technology sucks!!!"
>20 goto 10
>run

Back