Public speaking experience in front of an audience?

I was talking about the Quiz about Peanut ! I know nothing about facebook as closed my account !

She wasn't referring to you in any way, but was talking about online quizzes and how much fun they were or weren't. Take a deep breath and relax.

I had to speak in front of my class as part of my tech school days. For some reason, they felt that someone learning computer programming should be prepared to speak to a group. It was about as popular as making flowcharts and documenting the procedure section of your program. I could hardly wait to get past this obstacle.

I hate speaking in front of my peers and my current job makes us do that - a lot. Grrr. :(

Do you have any public speaking experience? Doesn't matter if you spoke or signed but whether if you had any experience doing so. What was it like for you? Do you get nervous? Or does it come naturally for you and are at ease at the podium? Easy to get along with the audience? Do you like doing that or do you get a bit of stage fright?

so kokonut.... where are your answers to your questions?

Wirelessly posted

I am well experienced in public speaking and am very good at what I do ,yet I still prefer not to.

Do you have any public speaking experience? Doesn't matter if you spoke or signed but whether if you had any experience doing so. What was it like for you? Do you get nervous? Or does it come naturally for you and are at ease at the podium? Easy to get along with the audience? Do you like doing that or do you get a bit of stage fright?

I did some public speaking for Schools, and I have been interviewed alot and I'm only 17! My first public speaking was teaching the U.S Constitution to the whole school in middle school in sign language. Then I got interviewed a bunch of times by BOA and WGI (Bands Of America, Winter Guard International) about my deafness, and My recently public speaking was in my sophomore year in high school, i went to a elementary school where they had a deaf class and they never met a older deaf person before so I came to their school and talked to them about my personal experience. I don't really have stage fright anymore, because I'm used to having people ask me a bunch of questions. But I got over stage fright when i did my very first performance with the centerville jazz band in Grand nationals of 2008 :)

03012011 Senior Performers Perspective - WGI

The link above is my WGI interview, My interview is the last paragraph of the page.

MARCHING.COM: Students of all abilities benefit from involvement in band and music

I am the second person on that page of my interview. Feel free to look at them if you want!

:dance:I am currently in a speech class and I am nervous EVERY time an assignment is due because we have to go in front of the class and perform. Any suggestions on how to ease the panic?

:dance:I am currently in a speech class and I am nervous EVERY time an assignment is due because we have to go in front of the class and perform. Any suggestions on how to ease the panic?

First I would take a deep breath. And that Know that other students in your class is going to be nervous too. And honestly? its really not that big of a deal going in front of the class and saying something. Just think of it as if you're talking to your friends in a normal environment where you are most comfortable in. Before doing a show for band, I would just shake my hands like crazy to get myself pumped up and warmed up and excited. Because I have to go on the field with full confidence and with great self-esteem and say that I can do this. I mean If I can perform in front of a few hundred people at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy, Indiana, you will have no problem doing this. :cool2:

I never used to have much of a problem with public speaking. I used to sing solos at church on a regular basis. I used to be a member of an organization called Toastmasters. Toastmasters International - Home

Since losing all my hearing, I now cringe away from it at all.

Yes it helped me a lot after i learned about my problem that i used my voice and sign at the same time. it got me real messed up. Thanks to someone who pointed out with my voice and sign. So I turned my voice off and it works great!!! i did learn something about it. If i have sufficient information ready then i ll have no problem in public speaking. I like the public speaking course at gally. i used to avoid it and hated it because I have no self esteem with my signs skill but found out as to why I have problem. just turn my voice off and things get better for me. :roll:

OMG, I did the same thing! It happened during the first rehearsal for my stage drama of Vagina Monologues with 5 other deafies and the rest of the casts are hearing. The director said to me, "You cannot use your voice-on while signing ASL at the same time, it will distract the voice interpreter." You have no idea how difficult it was for me to avoid voice-on while signing. :aw:

Back