Planning Funeral

If you pick out a cemetery and pay for a plot then decide to move to another other state I wonder how hard it's to get your money back. I want to be cremated , my dad wanted this too but b/c we're Jewish that did not happen . But this is becoming more common with Jewish people.

if you picked a plot far in advance.... it's very cheap. several hundred bucks... vs several thousand dollars if you do it at last minute.

if you picked a plot far in advance.... it's very cheap. several hundred bucks... vs several thousand dollars if you do it at last minute.

Yeah but I was wondering what if a person decides they want to move to another state and grow old there, can they get their money back from the first place?

Yeah but I was wondering what if a person decides they want to move to another state and grow old there, can they get their money back from the first place?

You may have to sell your plot to someone else, rather than the cemetery buying it back from you.

Just some thoughts.

Cemeteries don't waste green space--they preserve it, especially in urban areas. Think about it. In a city or town, if that area wasn't set aside for a cemetery with green grass and trees, it would be developed with buildings and pavement.

If you don't have a funeral service, do you really think that your loved ones will want to go out and enjoy themselves with a celebration instead?

Whatever arrangements you desire, be sure to put them in writing and try to have as much planned and paid for in advance (or have insurance coverage) so that your survivors won't be burdened with making decisions while they are emotionally stressed.

Duh, what I mean is what prompted this user in post #28 to comment on a 10 year old thread about death?

I think she was bored on her Spring Break. She's been going through the archives and posting in some of them.

I think i would want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered accross the country in from a plane so that my family and friends can say that I'm everywhere. Then i would want to have a pizza party for my funeral with everyone wearing causal, colorful clothing. I want it to be unique and joyful because i hate the standard funeral.

I think i would want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered accross the country in from a plane so that my family and friends can say that I'm everywhere. Then i would want to have a pizza party for my funeral with everyone wearing causal, colorful clothing. I want it to be unique and joyful because i hate the standard funeral.

Every state and cities has their own laws of where you can you scatter ashes .

I am thinking about having a wake first before the cremation so that family and friends can say their farewells to me. I don't understand why there is memorial service with an ashes in the jar. I don't like this kind of service like that. It would be better to have a wake and then have the dead body be cremated. That I like.

Now that I am here in New Mexico instead of Ontario, Canada. I am going to have a lawyer changed a little bit. I had the old Will made in Canada and this was different. So now it just need adjustment in the Will. :hmm:

I am going to let my family plan for me. I will probably be cremated.

It's a good idea to have funeral plans separate or in addition to the will. Funeral plans need to be made immediately, and sometimes it takes a lot longer for a will to be probated and read.

Prop me up beside the jukebox if I die .... Lord I want to go to heaven but I don't want to go tonight ...

If you pick out a cemetery and pay for a plot then decide to move to another other state I wonder how hard it's to get your money back. I want to be cremated , my dad wanted this too but b/c we're Jewish that did not happen . But this is becoming more common with Jewish people.

You would have to sell the plot but some people still get buried in the plot they selected if they move out of state. My grandparents had a plot in one state- grandmother died in the same state but my grandfather died in a different state (he lived with my aunt first then my parents) but his service and burial were in his 'home state'. I have no idea what the logistics were in setting all that up as I was living in CO at the time.

I am thinking about having a wake first before the cremation so that family and friends can say their farewells to me. I don't understand why there is memorial service with an ashes in the jar. I don't like this kind of service like that. It would be better to have a wake and then have the dead body be cremated. That I like.

Now that I am here in New Mexico instead of Ontario, Canada. I am going to have a lawyer changed a little bit. I had the old Will made in Canada and this was different. So now it just need adjustment in the Will. :hmm:

I had a viewing & Mass for my husband before sending him to the crematorium.

I am going to let my family plan for me. I will probably be cremated.

I told my girls whatever they wanted to do, as long as it is respectful. Funerals are for the living. I won't be there, except maybe in spirit.

Back