Planning Funeral

Forgot one more thing.... TAXES!

Pvt. Parts said:
I don't see anything wrong with talking about death at all. Everybody dies!

3 things in life are guaranteed no matter what!
1) Birth
2) Change
3) Death

It's a part of life and I have had 5 people close to me die in the past 6 years and I planned the funeral for two of them -- dad and grandma.

As for me ...

Burn my body and use the ashes as fertilizer. It is going to rot and turn to fertilizer eventually anyway!

My body is only a vessel for my soul and when I die, my soul will no longer inhabit the body.

I would like my family and friends to celebrate the departure of my soul by having a memorial service on a beach and swap stories about me and not be too concerned about my friggin' body.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
this is a creepy thought... since both my grandparents are alive. they already have their gravesite ready. and tombstone named and ready on where they'll be buried. and they have casket waiting for them.. they showed me.. oh god i don't wanna think of this.. and i don't know why they get everything ready for themself for years and years. but at least it saves my family money from buying all those stuff for them.

any of u guys have the same thing as mine.. that your family is having their burial site ready for them?

My great-aunt and great-uncle (married couple) already have both their tombstones up right next to each other.....this is one of those tombstones that is one big block, but has names one beside the other...with their birthdays under their names. Both are still alive today, but I guess they wanted their tombstones up to be already paid for, because one of their kids (my 2nd cousin) gets seizures often, she's a divorced mom with 3 boys, and also she wears hearing aids like me (she's in her mid-40s). They are taking care of her and her 3 boys....so I guess it saved money for the family in the long run by getting the tombstones ahead of time.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
this is a creepy thought... since both my grandparents are alive. they already have their gravesite ready. and tombstone named and ready on where they'll be buried. and they have casket waiting for them.. they showed me.. oh god i don't wanna think of this.. and i don't know why they get everything ready for themself for years and years. but at least it saves my family money from buying all those stuff for them.

any of u guys have the same thing as mine.. that your family is having their burial site ready for them?

When my grandfather died from cancer, my grandmother had her gravesite ready plus she also had her name and date of birth on the tombstone next to my grandfather's....I thought it was a good idea, and my grandmother will feel happy knowing this is what she wanted...

I think I would do something like this myself with Roadrunner if we ever get married, so I wouldn't have to worry about where my parents will buried me or my children whoever...

I don't want to be cremated but buried somewhere ( not sure where at yet )

Funerals -- as such

Dying is something everyone needs to bring out in the open. It happens to all of us eventually and it helps if your loved ones know what you expect them to do after you are gone.

My own Mom who died at aged 94 a year ago, she was cremated and her ashes were scattered in her rose garden. That was her wish. Just her family attended. Her children, and grandchildren and the spouses.

I like that idea, since I do not attend church regularly, I do not want to be a hypocrite and have a fancy funeral in a church. My folks feel the same way. (My dad is still living at age 91).

Oddball said:
When I die, I ask for cremation... good enough.

Same here Oddball.

My mother and my aunt also cremated and buried ashes in their plot.

I agree with Oddball with one little exception. Ya gotta decide on the cremation BEFORE ys kick the bucket! :mrgreen:

how it done is give other people closer but if I have a say I would like green one put tree on me not a stone. my husband would have 'life fades away'roy orbison.i go for creamation

Cremation is my choice so that there would be plenty of space for wild animals to be roamed. For heaven's sake, we have so many cemeteries, houses, and buildings everywhere in our country. I do not need a fancy coffin. Just a cheap piece of wood box and burn it. That's it.

I never want my family, relatives, and friends to come and look at my dead body. I want them to go out and enjoy themselves anywhere. Just think of me and thank me for helping them in the past which is good enough.

Cremation is my choice so that there would be plenty of space for wild animals to be roamed. For heaven's sake, we have so many cemeteries, houses, and buildings everywhere in our country. I do not need a fancy coffin. Just a cheap piece of wood box and burn it. That's it.

I never want my family, relatives, and friends to come and look at my dead body. I want them to go out and enjoy themselves anywhere. Just think of me and thank me for helping them in the past which is good enough.
I agree, whats the pourpose of having a fancy coffin and taking up valuable land space? Useless cemetaries where people continue to mourn the dead, why? They are gone, no need to keep going to cry on a stone...money money money. Buy a coffin, buy a headstone, buy a plot, buy some flowers, make trips to see this expensive stone that sits in a field... or look at a fancy marble wall...ect.... Useless after youre gone.
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.... we are one with the world again...

that's why I like tree planted on top of me i feed the tree my body help the envioroment then i come back as rabbit down on me local heath or a mole and really p the parks authorty

How did this 10 year old thread come back from the dead? pun intended

make sure you have your funeral arrangement paid for in advance so that you don't put the burden on your loved ones to deal with it.

make sure you have your funeral arrangement paid for in advance so that you don't put the burden on your loved ones to deal with it.

If you pick out a cemetery and pay for a plot then decide to move to another other state I wonder how hard it's to get your money back. I want to be cremated , my dad wanted this too but b/c we're Jewish that did not happen . But this is becoming more common with Jewish people.

I want to be stuffed and mumafied...
But that wont happen, so bieng fed to hungry dogs is fine by me, may i be a tasty treat....may my bones clean and shine their wee teeth, may my head be nudged by cute growling snouts, as its rolled around here and there, tossed up and down, as a ball for hungry pups....may they tear me to pieces and pieces, and pieces, shaking and pulling the meat from my very bones...

Last edited:
Back