Moving today

Saavik

Reaction score
In a few hours I leave for Nevada, a 30 hour, 2000 or so mile drive across I-40. I'm going to drive as far as I can without stopping, as I don't want to sleep in the car and I just want to get there.

Hey, you would get there faster if you take the time to add turbo to your engine before taking off.

Please be careful. Take naps in safe places if you feel drowsy.

Bon voyage!

Hey, you would get there faster if you take the time to add turbo to your engine before taking off.

But wouldn't this look like how my trip would go if I did?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMagP52BWG8]Chased by the Cops - The Blues Brothers (7/9) Movie CLIP (1980) HD - YouTube[/ame]

What You Need to Know About Highway Hypnosis - ABC News

Yeah you need to careful getting road hypnosis too, it happen without even knowing you are getting hypnosis .

Longest I have driven without stopping (Only for food was either my drive to Pittsburgh, PA or to Fort Indiantown Gap, PA and back. It was hard, but I managed. But I'll read that article and try to avoid issues.

I heard Oklahoma is supposed to get a serious icing Saturday? I think I'll be fine if I stay on I-40.

Longest I've driven is from Chicago to Florida, 22 hours straight alternating between my friend and I. I could not sleep in the car when it wasn't my turn to drive so I was awake the whole time. (stopped for food and gas of course) I almost died from tiredness after arriving there. Will not do that again.

Longest I've driven is from Chicago to Florida, 22 hours straight alternating between my friend and I. I could not sleep in the car when it wasn't my turn to drive so I was awake the whole time. (stopped for food and gas of course) I almost died from tiredness after arriving there. Will not do that again.

My drive is little over 30 hours and by myself.. :(

The longest time I'll have to spend in a single state crossing is Tennessee.. The first state I go through out of Virginia.. Bah!

In a few hours I leave for Nevada, a 30 hour, 2000 or so mile drive across I-40. I'm going to drive as far as I can without stopping, as I don't want to sleep in the car and I just want to get there.

That is a long way from Virginia to Nevada. You need to stop for rest in the rest areas if there are any on I-40, including food.

I had to drive all the way from Ontario, Canada to my home New Mexico, USA. That was the longest drive I had ever done without going into motels to rest and to get food. So I managed to sleep or rest in my car in side roads and rest areas but I managed to make it home. It is not easy but worth it. When I got home, I do get sick for a while just few days later after arrival. <-I was just 67 (left Ontario September 8th) before my birthday in November. So you need to take care of yourself while on the trip.

Just be careful on the roads. I hope you enjoy living in Nevada. :wave:

You will be south of the Midwest?

We are having an ice storm and winter weather advisory in Iowa until Sunday night.

So be very careful of the weather.

Good luck on your move ma'am hope it goes well ... be careful though that is a long trip ... Don't forget to try to check in here when you can but if you aren't back before ... Merry Christmas :)

You will be south of the Midwest?

We are having an ice storm and winter weather advisory in Iowa until Sunday night.

So be very careful of the weather.

I'll be driving across I-40W passing through TN, AR, OK, TX, NM and AZ. I hope as long as I stick to I-40, even with bad weather, the roads will be kept clear.

I feel alone, crying and I feel like I abandoned my family and should turn back.

In 2010, I drove from Washington DC to San Francisco for 48 hours, and take my advice it is not worth it - hallucinations, extremely tired, thirsty, and when you arrive you'll have to sleep for 1.5 days......in your dreams all you see is still on the road with white dashes.

I feel alone, crying and I feel like I abandoned my family and should turn back.

This is a tough time of year to be making a lifechanging move on your own. The weather will be much nicer in a few short months. You will do what you will do but do you have to do it right now?

Hey there. You are not the first one to leave family behind. I, too, had to make difficult decisions some time ago, and had I not made those decisions, I more than likely would not have known about this site and about ntouch and all the VRS providers available today. However, having Sorenson VRS on my phone has made life a whole lot easier. Plus, I benefit better by living in Chicago than in Southern IL where there are NO deaf where I'm at now. You may have regrets now, but give it time, and you shall see the benefits of having more people to socialize with, and it WILL get better.

Back