Moving today

I've seen those signs. I don't always notice them though. Maybe the next time you go thru a drive thru, take time to look for a sign. I'm not saying all drive thrus have them, but you may just not notice them.

The sign was super tiny right above the speaker at McDonalds. Actually my hubby noticed it. I don't eat fast food very much.

Maybe it's a California thing.

Nah, I've seen them here a couple times in Florida. They're definitely not everywhere, but on occasion you do see them on a tiny little white sign usually on the speaker you order at. :P Usually they're more so in areas where the "hearing impaired" as they so delicately put it on the sign are more in number. ( Such as St. Augustine here ) They're out there, just not as common. I suppose most Deafies know to pull up to the window. :D

Enough of that drive through the MacDonald's or another place. I am wondering how Saavik is doing in Nevada. Is he settled and found a place in Nevada? I wonder if he is in Reno or Las Vegas or what ever town he is in. I just wonder how he is doing there. I am pretty sure he made the long trip entering Nevada. I hope everything is cool for him and hope he like Nevada plus the weather. :hmm:

Went to McD today and this is what was said below the menu outside of the Drive-thru. Since we are here, I wondered how Saavik is doing.

5hglhJh.jpg

The most I drove is around 20 hours while coming home to California from Michigan, left around 9pm with a short nap in a rest area around Iowa before I stopped for the day in Wyoming in a motel to go bed to sleep and shower. I then completed the trip home the next day. I always take breaks every few hours at the rest area to stretch and walk around for 10-15 mins before going back on the road to avoid fatigue.

Driving by yourself continuously for days is not recommended and risking not only yourself but other drivers as well.

The most I drove is around 20 hours while coming home to California from Michigan, left around 9pm with a short nap in a rest area around Iowa before I stopped for the day in Wyoming in a motel to go bed to sleep and shower. I then completed the trip home the next day. I always take breaks every few hours at the rest area to stretch and walk around for 10-15 mins before going back on the road to avoid fatigue.

Driving by yourself continuously for days is not recommended and risking not only yourself but other drivers as well.

yes you're corrected. From my experience i drove from Maryland to texas alone , i quited driving in atlanta, ga to stop to get a good sleep. next early morning i drove all the way to texas and arrived texas at night safetly. boy i never want to do that again. it is my 4th trip from north to south, south to north and much more..its a great experience to see anything on the road.

Brings back memories: 1986 - I drove from Egg Harbor, WI, to Goose Creek, SC, non-stop, 1,200 miles (about 20 hours). Switched cars for a quick turnaround and drove straight back non-stop.

Many years ago, I drove from South Carolina to Connecticut non-stop to pick up Reba. Stayed one day (hurricane coming) and drove home. Total about 1,800 miles.

One week this past August, I drove alone a total of 2,000 miles from South Carolina to Lansing, MI, and back.

It is getting more uncomfortable each trip.

Last edited:
Enough of that drive through the MacDonald's or another place. I am wondering how Saavik is doing in Nevada. Is he settled and found a place in Nevada? I wonder if he is in Reno or Las Vegas or what ever town he is in. I just wonder how he is doing there. I am pretty sure he made the long trip entering Nevada. I hope everything is cool for him and hope he like Nevada plus the weather. :hmm:

I goofed thinking Saavik is a man but when I look at her profile. I realized that Saavik is a woman. Sorry about my mistake. Also I noticed that you had arrived at Henderson, Nevada. I am so glad that you are safe landing in Nevada. Also glad that you are here on AD. Happy New Year, Saavik. :cheers: :wave:

Back