Leaving for a little while

Oceanbreeze

Reaction score
I need to leave AD for awhile, but I'll be back at some point.

My Dad was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and a terminal lung disease about one year ago. They originally gave him a prognosis of 2-5 yrs. We recently learned that his cancer has returned and he's now in Stage 4. We're awaiting further testing to determine how much time he has left, but probably not more than a year or so. Therefore, I've decided to leave for awhile so I can spend more time with him and the family. I honestly don't know when I'll be back, but, I will be. Right now, I feel it's just best that I be with him. Please pray that the rest of this journey is as painless for him as possible and that the rest of my family figures out how to go from here. Truth be told, we're not sure.... We're all still in shock.

Thank you all!

I am sorry to hear about it. You all are in my thoughts. Being with dad is real worth the time.

Sorry to hear about ur Dad, Ocean....my prayers and concerns are with you and ur family....Gonna miss ya here at AD.....

I am sorry to hear about it. You all are in my thoughts. Being with dad is real worth the time.

I need to be. Right now, he's still relatively stable. The cancer has returned, but he's not showing signs of decline yet. This has been tough already. He was never a candidate for treatment due to the lung disease, so the oncologist adopted a watch and wait approach. Things were looking positive for awhile, but things are starting to unravel now. He's got enlarged glands in his chest and lesions on his back. He goes back to the Dr in a month and we'll go from there.

I'm so sorry -- take good care of your dad, and yourself, Ocean. Sending good thoughts to you. Come back this way anytime you need to be surrounded by a community that cares a whole lot about you. And I'm sorry, I know this is the time for positive statements, but just have to say it: f@#%ing cancer makes me so damned angry!

I'm so sorry -- take good care of your dad, and yourself, Ocean. Sending good thoughts to you. Come back this way anytime you need to be surrounded by a community that cares a whole lot about you. And I'm sorry, I know this is the time for positive statements, but just have to say it: f@#%ing cancer makes me so damned angry!

Thank you, Grendel. :hug:

And, don't worry about so-called negative statements. I feel the exact same way! I feel gutted, angry, jipped, helpless.... and SO much more!

Truthfully, I have a feeling I'll be around. I just don't have the energy for the endless arguments that we often see on here. But, I guess I can steer clear of those.

There is time left. We just don't know how much... And, Dad is still in reasonably good health. There is a sort of irony to him not being able to take chemo or radiation. Since he never had it, he hasn't suffered any of it's ill effects so he feels good, but his cancer returned and it will claim his life sooner rather than later. That's if his lung disease doesn't or his advanced heart disease doesn't. This poor man is so so so sick, and yet, feels and looks wonderful! That's what so hard. *sigh*

I am really sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts are with you and your family. Take care of yourself too. :hug:

Sorry about your Dad. I hope you can create some good memories in the time left.

I am sorry to hear about your father. I hope you can make more memories so you can recall all of the happy moments of yesterday. :hug:

I need to leave AD for awhile, but I'll be back at some point.

My Dad was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and a terminal lung disease about one year ago. They originally gave him a prognosis of 2-5 yrs. We recently learned that his cancer has returned and he's now in Stage 4. We're awaiting further testing to determine how much time he has left, but probably not more than a year or so. Therefore, I've decided to leave for awhile so I can spend more time with him and the family. I honestly don't know when I'll be back, but, I will be. Right now, I feel it's just best that I be with him. Please pray that the rest of this journey is as painless for him as possible and that the rest of my family figures out how to go from here. Truth be told, we're not sure.... We're all still in shock.

Thank you all!

Very sorry to hear about this, we lost my grandfather to that.

Sorry to hear this. I have too gone through losing my Dad to cancer. Bloody cancer!!

I am very sorry to hear and prayer of your father :hug:

I am sorry that you have to leave and about your dad. Your family comes first. Will miss you and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of hugs!!

I know how you feel, Oceanbreeze. Cherish your time with him. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. :hug:

Ocean, my thoughts and prayers and with you and your family. I know what you are going through. All of us here at AD will still be here whenever you need us.

leaving for awhile

I need to be. Right now, he's still relatively stable. The cancer has returned, but he's not showing signs of decline yet. This has been tough already. He was never a candidate for treatment due to the lung disease, so the oncologist adopted a watch and wait approach. Things were looking positive for awhile, but things are starting to unravel now. He's got enlarged glands in his chest and lesions on his back. He goes back to the Dr in a month and we'll go from there.

My friend Oceanbreeze, I will be praying and meditating for you and your dad and all that love and know him. Yes, go and be with him now. My dad was taken by colon rectal cancer many years ago. Seeing you and his family will be the most comforting thing for him. Seeing you smile at him will fill him with the Peace he needs now. I wish you strength to endure , take care of yourself please this path you travel with him will require you to have
strength of mind and faith. Many Blessings..Midnight♥♥♥

Back