Leaving for a little while

Thank you all!

This is very, very difficult on me and my family. I will be around for a little while until we figure out where we are going from here. But, at some point, I will be making a quiet, temporary exit. Right now, the forum is providing me with extra support and some much needed distraction from all the crap that surrounds me.

I also have a facebook acct. If anyone wants to be in touch there, please just PM me and I'll give you my info.

Thank you again, everyone. :hug:

Stay strong and stay positive Ocean. We will keep your father and your family in our prayers and I have added you all to the church's prayer warrior list.

I just came to this thread and learned of your father having cancer. :ugh: That is really terrible to have cancer in your family. That is true of all of us thinking that cancer is a killer and a person has to fight with all of his or her power to beat cancer. Sometime, the person won but then again with the remission thought to be a winner but get caught with cancer again. It just made the person mad at the cancer.

My mother had cancer when she was in her 50ish. Then she was in remission until she got cancer again along with Alzheimer's disease at the age of 83 years old. Oh, that was what make my sister and I get mad at the diseases. I am glad she passed away with peace and dignity. No body like to suffer like this. My prayer and condolence goes with you, your Dad and family going through terrible time with cancer. Just give your Dad love and feeling wanted so that he knows that you and family care. :hug:

I just came to this thread and learned of your father having cancer. :ugh: That is really terrible to have cancer in your family. That is true of all of us thinking that cancer is a killer and a person has to fight with all of his or her power to beat cancer. Sometime, the person won but then again with the remission thought to be a winner but get caught with cancer again. It just made the person mad at the cancer.

My mother had cancer when she was in her 50ish. Then she was in remission until she got cancer again along with Alzheimer's disease at the age of 83 years old. Oh, that was what make my sister and I get mad at the diseases. I am glad she passed away with peace and dignity. No body like to suffer like this. My prayer and condolence goes with you, your Dad and family going through terrible time with cancer. Just give your Dad love and feeling wanted so that he knows that you and family care. :hug:

Thank you, Bebonang. Dad was originally diagnosed a year ago. I stayed quiet about his diagnosis at the time. He has since reached stage 4. We're awaiting testing to determine his current prognosis.

I have decided to leave AD when the time is right to do so. Right now, he's still doing reasonably well, but that will change at some point.

<3 Sweetie I'm sorry...having a sick parent is hard. PM me if you want. xo

TY, my dear. As I said, this has been ongoing for awhile. Started a year ago. Obviously, I've not left yet :lol:, but I know that when the time is right for me, I will take a leave of absense to be with him and my family. I have my parents and a sister and her family near me. Sis's kids are relatively young still (pre teen). This is hard on all of us but if you're the praying sort, please say a prayer for not only me, but all of us. My neice and nephew, especially. (My nephew will be 11 in June, niece will be 10 in Sept).

I'll post more info as we get it. There's supposed to be some more testing in the coming weeks. At that time, we'll know more about his prognosis. This could be both a blessing and a curse.... :aw:

Sorry to hear this. I have too gone through losing my Dad to cancer. Bloody cancer!!

Yeah , I agree it is Bloody! Cancer killed my best friend at age of 40 years old
she dies just before her first grandchild was born! I wish we could knock it out for good! Sorry to hear about your dad.

I am sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family, Oceanbreeze. Hugs!
My father died of throat cancer 17 years ago of this month. Sigh...

I need to leave AD for awhile, but I'll be back at some point.

My Dad was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and a terminal lung disease about one year ago. They originally gave him a prognosis of 2-5 yrs. We recently learned that his cancer has returned and he's now in Stage 4. We're awaiting further testing to determine how much time he has left, but probably not more than a year or so. Therefore, I've decided to leave for awhile so I can spend more time with him and the family. I honestly don't know when I'll be back, but, I will be. Right now, I feel it's just best that I be with him. Please pray that the rest of this journey is as painless for him as possible and that the rest of my family figures out how to go from here. Truth be told, we're not sure.... We're all still in shock.

Thank you all!
I'll keep your dad in my thoughts and I hope it's not too painful. I'll miss you but I understand why you have to leave. Here's a :hug: from me when you deal with your Dad and his illness.

Hi all,

I have an update for you all:

My Dad had another PET scan and an ultrasound to determine if his cancer has returned (spread). We have good news!!!! As of now, his cancer has NOT returned as previously thought. He IS high risk for recurrence, however, so his Dr wants him to have a mammogram to completely rule out cancer spread. She did a manual exam and didn't feel any lumps, but he has tenderness over one breast, so she just wants to make sure everything is fine.

In case you're wondering, breast cancer is males is rare but does happen. It also is NOT necessarily the place a colon cancer likes to spread to. Usually, colon cancer goes to the liver. But, weirder things have happened, so better safe than sorry!

Dad recently has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, so things are precarious and so, I will NOT be on AD as much as I was. I just don't have the energy for the debates and such. Again, if you want my facebook username, feel free to PM me.

Thank you all for your support.

Hi all,

I have an update for you all:

My Dad had another PET scan and an ultrasound to determine if his cancer has returned (spread). We have good news!!!! As of now, his cancer has NOT returned as previously thought. He IS high risk for recurrence, however, so his Dr wants him to have a mammogram to completely rule out cancer spread. She did a manual exam and didn't feel any lumps, but he has tenderness over one breast, so she just wants to make sure everything is fine.

In case you're wondering, breast cancer is males is rare but does happen. It also is NOT necessarily the place a colon cancer likes to spread to. Usually, colon cancer goes to the liver. But, weirder things have happened, so better safe than sorry!

Dad recently has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, so things are precarious and so, I will NOT be on AD as much as I was. I just don't have the energy for the debates and such. Again, if you want my facebook username, feel free to PM me.

Thank you all for your support.

Glad to hear that. Stay strong for your dad. :)

Sorry. Tell your family members to help you. And ask the neighbors and friends to bring you dinners and give rides.

So happy for you and your family! :hug:

So happy for you and your family! :hug:

Thank you, Shel!

He's still very ill and will continued to be monitered. But, for now, he is still cancer free. I take each bit of positive news we get about his health with cautious optimism. At this point, he's doing as well as we could have hoped for considering all he's dealing with.

...In case you're wondering, breast cancer is males is rare but does happen....
Yes, my stepfather had it. It was caught early, and needed minimal treatment. He had other medical problems, so he was constantly being checked and monitored, so it was discovered early.

I'm so sorry. I've been in your situation and it's hard. I hope that you find meaning and peace during this time.

Back