Kentucky clerk refused have same sex marriages license!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this woman is not so much that she is ignoring the law regarding same sex marriage in her state, but who knows what other laws she is either looking the other way at or refusing to enforce them? She needs to go!

Well, if she is ignoring other laws and is criminal she should be charged and have her day in court like any other charged criminal.
Its that simple really

Thank you. That is EXACTLY what I'd been trying to say. She had no right to stop her entire office from issuing these licenses, but that's exactly what she did. I don't know you've failed to understand what I've been saying. :roll:
I prob just have misunderstood you, and i apologize for that allycat.
All cool

Apperently her divorces her divorces occured prior to her finding her present strict adherence to her faith which she converted too when she married her current husband.

Why didn't she find it when she married him the first time?

Well, if she is ignoring other laws and is criminal she should be charged and have her day in court like any other charged criminal.
Its that simple really

Who knows if she is ignoring other laws? If she ignores one who knows about the others. Maybe arresting her and giving her a day in court might be the easier way for the state to get rid of her. The woman needs to go.

On her first day back at work, she read a statement calling for state authorities to find a solution to accommodate her religious beliefs.

If this happens, I fear that's going to open the door WIDE open for anyone else to 'refuse to do work based on their beliefs' - that's going to play havoc- it might but now we're going to be walking on eggshells more than we already are. Ms Davis is a public servant serving the people- that include gay people- and upholding the laws (and any SCOTUS decisions) that serve people- that include gay people.

From reading AlleyCat's post of the article- it feels like she is still trying to interfere in some fashion (betting her legal team advised her just how to exploit loopholes). If she feels like they are "forcing her to disobey God" why in God's name doesn't she just resign?

It is the job of the county clerk to make sure that the people applying for marriage licenses meet the requirements of the state.

And same sex couple are allowed to get married according the judge .

I wonder if the gay people feel comfortable when the pastor preaches against sin, including homosexuality?

Not everyone in the congregation agreed; half the members left, according to the news report.

And new members joined the church and all the seats were taken at end of the report . The pastor may not preach against homosexuality that would go against him welcoming gay people . I don't see how love can be a sin. When I was training with Finlay there gay couple their too , 2 women. One of the woman's father took her by her feet as a child and swing her against an iron cast radiator causing her to lose her earing . The woman grew up hating and not trusting men but she still wanted to have a partner and she trusted women . I know men that are gay for the same reason their mothers was an abusive bitch . I also know a guy who became b/c he wanted man to love him b/c his dad never did .
I watch his guy grow up and knew both parents and I am surprise he made it out of that house alive . I don't think it's a sin for people to want love when they had none growing up.

I dont know. Nor does it matter. Maybe he wasnt an adherent then....plenty of reasons, people are very complex creatures.
Regardless.
she found it when she did

Who knows if she is ignoring other laws? If she ignores one who knows about the others. Maybe arresting her and giving her a day in court might be the easier way for the state to get rid of her. The woman needs to go.

Well your just assuming..and not muchn
"Who knows" isnt a valid legal reason to charge anyone, including her.
Fact is
She has legal protection like everyone else, and is entitled to due process like everyone else.
Either the state shoukd charge her, or if it doesnt...then it doesnt.
You can bitch all you want regarding it. But such is the legal system as it stands.

If this happens, I fear that's going to open the door WIDE open for anyone else to 'refuse to do work based on their beliefs' - that's going to play havoc- it might but now we're going to be walking on eggshells more than we already are. Ms Davis is a public servant serving the people- that include gay people- and upholding the laws (and any SCOTUS decisions) that serve people- that include gay people.

From reading AlleyCat's post of the article- it feels like she is still trying to interfere in some fashion
(betting her legal team advised her just how to exploit loopholes). If she feels like they are "forcing her to disobey God" why in God's name doesn't she just resign?

Taking this away from focusing on just her.
To expect those with a faith...and they do number millions and milliona and million and milllions, to just quit or be fired for it, seems not very inclusive.
I understand the eupohoria of victory, and even the urge to hammer all who disagree. I get it..its only human...woe to the vanquished!!! They lost...and now must obey or else.
I dont think.the above is a good model for long term stability though.
Given the numbers involved.

And new members joined the church and all the seats were taken at end of the report . The pastor may not preach against homosexuality that would go against him welcoming gay people .
To be consistent then he would have to not preach against any sins then. No preaching against adultery, stealing, murder, covetousness, lying, etc.

I don't see how love can be a sin.
Love isn't a sin; the sexual behavior is a sin.

When I was training with Finlay there gay couple their too , 2 women. One of the woman's father took her by her feet as a child and swing her against an iron cast radiator causing her to lose her earing . The woman grew up hating and not trusting men but she still wanted to have a partner and she trusted women . I know men that are gay for the same reason their mothers was an abusive bitch . I also know a guy who became b/c he wanted man to love him b/c his dad never did .
I watch his guy grow up and knew both parents and I am surprise he made it out of that house alive . I don't think it's a sin for people to want love when they had none growing up.
It's not a sin to want love; it's a sin to practice homosexual sex.

Becoming a homosexual is not a solution for a traumatic childhood.

Some people accept the Bible's truth while they're children, some as adults, some never. In Davis's case, apparently she didn't accept God's Word until she was an older adult and had already had these experiences in her life. One can't relive the past but must go forward.

If she breaks other laws that should be dealt with accordingly, just like anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back