radioman

Premium Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys believe in karma? the good and bad ? What it does to you? Do share.

I don't think it really works that way. For example, my father was always very protective of Jewish people. He had a Jewish son. He wouldn't go through German airspace on his speaking tours on five continents. He never forgave Germany. He raised us to read the classics of holocaust literature and to be acutely aware of their pain and the meaning of their plight, the meaning of Israel.

Then Oliver Stone came along, himself Jewish, and absolutely trashed me. I don't think there's another explanation for the cruel stories I have to tell. My name ended up in Cineaste Film Quarterly and Asian Cult Cinema in connection with Oliver Stone and that strange, terrifying script that was planted on me as a child by a Jewish girl who went to Bryn Mawr.

I was deafened, tortured, gassed, baited, humiliated, cruelly hounded in name, most of it organized by Jewish kids.

I never did anything wrong to any of them. My brother is one of the only sources of solace in my strange life.

So where is the fairness? The karma? It isn't present. So, I think it probably doesn't work that way, sorry.

karma-cat-fountain.gif

yes

Reminds me of that ol' sayin'...."what goes around...comes around".....

Karma is a religious concept in Hindu and Buddhist religions.

All religions have some principles that are meant to encourage good moral behavior from the followers or they may fear some consequence from their bad deeds.

I don't believe in karma. I believe in the sovereign providence of God, and that He has given free will to man.

People do bring about consequences of their free will actions. Like the Bible says, ". . . for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Hey Karma, please help to make me feel better. :cool2:

What's disturbing about FF's video is the adults just watching the kid do this. And the one is holding another kid so he can learn to be just as bad. :(

yeah -- gif flash is disturbing if you look at it that way .

Do you guys ever get revelations due to karma or signs or superstitions or whatnot ?

Wirelessly posted

Karma to me, is basically....you will be treated like you treat others. Another words, what goes around comes around.

I have three different understandings of "karma"

One is that actions have consequences: if you do good good stuff will happen to you in return, if you do bad..etc. On a large scale I think of this when I consider rural communities where neighbors help neighbors because everyone knows that they are going to need their neighbor's help sooner or later.

The other is that: I deserve everything that happens to me, because it's the will of the universe. It's very similar to the western concept of fate, or the saying "God has plans for everyone". It's a way of thinking that there's good to come out of most events that happen in life, even if the benefits may not be immediately apparent.

But put the two above ideas together, and it seems like I believe fate but I also believe in free will, making it ambiguous as to if I believe fate or if I believe free will. I think I justify both ideas by considering that the situations we encounter where we must make choices are fate but the choice one makes is free will.

The last one involves reincarnation and the cycle of life. I'm not sure where I got this concept from, but I have this notion that if you do many good things during your lifetime, the next time you're reborn you may be rewarded by being born as a higher life form, and if you do bad things, you may be demoted to a lower life form.

The way I understand this is that a dog that acts with virtue (even if it may not understand hat virtue is, it can demonstrate this by, for example, rescuing a toddler from a burning house) will be rewarded by being reborn into a bear or a human or some other "higher" life form. But a husband who neglects his family and gambles all his money away might be reborn as a worm or a dung bettle (not that worms or dung bettles are awful creatures. They are magnificent in their own ways) because they have abused their privilege of being a human.

Since there is reincarnation involved in this idea, I'm assuming it's some kind of bastardization of concepts from the hindi religion.

if there a god he gets kick out of screwing up my brain.karma,i dont know

Back