James Dean

madmax64

Reaction score
RIP James Dean, 1931-1955

Today is 50 years anniversary since his death resulted by automobile accident. He was only 24. If he's alive today, he would be 74.

Watch the movie, so you can understand how it happened on September 30, 1955 at 5:45 PM. (Requires QuickTime).

http://www.exponent.com/multimedia/cases/dean.html

He bought Porsche 550 Spyder on September 21, 1955. He was driving on his way to the race track in California and got killed by a Ford car on September 30th.

Read more about him... www.jamesdean.com

-madmax64

I've seen his movie "Rebel Without a Cause" a couple of years ago (a 1955 movie)...he was a good actor!! Especially in the police station scene....He's one of those actors who showed a lot of emotion packed in one scene (oh, and the ending too...if you haven't seen the movie, I am not going to give it away -- see it for yourself). :)

I've seen both Rebel without a Cause and Giant but not yet East of Eden. However I perfer Giant over Rebel withut a Cause personally.

visit his grave and leave a flower for him over at...

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=267&pt=<b>James</b>%20Dean

Sometimes when I play my xbox game, Forza Motorsports that has a virtual 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder, I often think of Dean and his real-life machine on the road that made him a legend.

He was a talented young man who died too young.

I still get chills when I see on TV the safe driving PSA he made less than two weeks before he died.

September 17th: Dean makes 30-second commercial for the National Highway Safety Committee with actor Gig Young. He signs off with: "Take it easy driving. The life you might save might be mine."

I saw a documentary awhile ago that told about some sort of curse involving that particular Spyder, or the model itself that involved several other celebrities dying in accidents involving it. I can't remember too much about it, but James Dean's name was included on the list.

Back