IVF and multiples. Is it right?

Are you for or against IVF?

• I'm all for IVF. However many embryo's the woman decides to implant.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I'm ok about IVF as long as the implanted embryo's are limited.

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • I have missgivings about IVF. It would be better if they adopted.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I'm totally against IVF. It should be banned.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Other. (please express)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
And before we continue...just remember that there is an individual that voted the first one-- "I'm all for IVF. However many embryo's the woman decides to implant."

You have one at each extreme.

I'm fine with it... as long as it isn't abused.

Seriously, what woman in her right mind would have 8 babies when she already has 6 along with back problems and expecting the government to pay her for her back problem when she's only making it worse herself. :roll:

If it's a woman who is unable to have kids, then fine.

I think that the options of IVF should be treated the same as adoption and foster care. They review your case to determine if you're capable of handling it.

Believe it or not--religious reasons. :)

Really??

So a married couple that can not have children... The wife uses her own eggs. and the hubby uses his own sperm. injects the sperm and inserts the fertilized egg back into the wife.

You are against that?

The wife my have problems with her tubes or such to prevent conception. The hubby may have a low sperm count. Either or or both.

I feel it is a great thing to give them a chance to have a child.

I just disagree with implanting so many eggs that the woman will have a litter of kids.

I don't so much agree with that many multiples such as the ones being discussed all over the place today. On the news they listed how much each baby costs the state of California. I think thats pretty disgusting. These babies are already alive and here. Its not like we can go knock them off, just because its going to cost california some money.

Its a lot of babies and clearly not the right decision for the standings this women is in..but I don't think its right to alienate those children already. They didnt have a choice, and all everyone is doing is talking about how terrible they're going to be.

If you want your own children, through IVF- fine its your choice. But chooser beware, because you can be attacked and ridiculed by america.

Really??

So a married couple that can not have children... The wife uses her own eggs. and the hubby uses his own sperm. injects the sperm and inserts the fertilized egg back into the wife.

You are against that?

The wife my have problems with her tubes or such to prevent conception. The hubby may have a low sperm count. Either or or both.

I feel it is a great thing to give them a chance to have a child.

I just disagree with implanting so many eggs that the woman will have a litter of kids.

but why? O.o

I would love to discuss why as I said in my previous post:

Believe it or not--religious reasons. :)

And if I start with that discussion of religious/Survival of the Fittest/Charles Darwin reasons--the thread will closed.

Sorry folks.

I have no opinion on this...

My other neighbor & her husband tried for 13 years to have a baby. They have their own children due their previous marriages so they want to have a child together... Nobody knows why it doesn't work on them... so health care cover the cost for 1st test... It works after 1st test!!! They want only one child so the doctor destory 4 of 5 embyros. Now their daughter is 20 years old and healthy.

I don't so much agree with that many multiples such as the ones being discussed all over the place today. On the news they listed how much each baby costs the state of California. I think thats pretty disgusting. These babies are already alive and here. Its not like we can go knock them off, just because its going to cost california some money.

Its a lot of babies and clearly not the right decision for the standings this women is in..but I don't think its right to alienate those children already. They didnt have a choice, and all everyone is doing is talking about how terrible they're going to be.

If you want your own children, through IVF- fine its your choice. But chooser beware, because you can be attacked and ridiculed by america.

I have nothing against Nadya Sulman or her litter. Now they are there people should just get over it and support her. Bashing her won't turn back the clock.

However I am very much against the doctor who agreed to implant her with 8 embryo's in the first place. It makes me wonder how often it happens. How many dead litters do we not get to hear about?

I would love to discuss why as I said in my previous post:

And if I start with that discussion of religious/Survival of the Fittest/Charles Darwin reasons--the thread will closed.
Sorry folks.

And, that's hard not to be able to learn, right ? :)

I vote, I am ok as long as the number of embroyes implanted are limited.

Women arent dogs.

Back