Is It Weird That....

AJ

Reaction score
Ok so this happened just a couple minutes ago.

im sitting here at the dining room table, watching The People's Court, cuz i think the judge is hot, i like when she gets mad and starts yelling in Spanish, its pretty sexy....oh sorry, getting off the subject. Anyway, im sitting here on my laptop watching tv and my puppy, Petey, is laying near me on the floor, facing away from me. and he is playing with something, i cant see what it is but i figure he was scratching his paws or something. so then he starts barkin a little and i look at him, and he's playing with a beetle! i say "Pete, No!" the beetle was still alive so i grabbed a couple napkins and squish him, and then threw him away. i sat back down and a couple minutes later i started feeling bad that i killed the bug. now i wish i had just let him outside instead of killed him. is it weird that i feel guilty for killing a bug? not even a pretty bug like a lady bug, but a beetle.

I can understand that you felt bad for killing a beetle, but remember that there are millions and millions of beetles that are being born and are bothering people in their homes.

Peachy Lady said:
I can understand that you felt bad for killing a beetle, but remember that there are millions and millions of beetles that are being born and are bothering people in their homes.

I second that...:D

Don't feel bad...:hug:

That bug could of been somebody reincarnated. Way to go, dude.

And Marilyn Millian is totally hot when she starts speaking in Spanish.

There are millions of Hindus in India who would back you up on this, so I don’t think it’s inherently irrational to regret killing the bug. And I have known a few people who abhor cruelty to animals so much that they even extend this philosophy to insects.

I kill the bugs and I don't think twice about it. I have no qualms about stomping a bug or using a rolled up newspaper and splatter it. Remember insects are disease borne carrying animals. No bugs, the more better off you are because all it takes is one bug to sting or bite into you and then you are rushed to the hospital ER room with a 105 degree fever vomiting, slow heart rate etc. No Thanks .....

That's because you have a good heart AJ, and good thing you did get that beetle away from your puppy. Don't worry, AJ, beetles can become quite pesty!!!

Heath said:
I kill the bugs and I don't think twice about it. I have no qualms about stomping a bug or using a rolled up newspaper and splatter it. Remember insects are disease borne carrying animals. No bugs, the more better off you are because all it takes is one bug to sting or bite into you and then you are rushed to the hospital ER room with a 105 degree fever vomiting, slow heart rate etc. No Thanks .....

Humans are disease carrying animals. I digress..

AJ said:
Ok so this happened just a couple minutes ago.

im sitting here at the dining room table, watching The People's Court, cuz i think the judge is hot, i like when she gets mad and starts yelling in Spanish, its pretty sexy....oh sorry, getting off the subject. Anyway, im sitting here on my laptop watching tv and my puppy, Petey, is laying near me on the floor, facing away from me. and he is playing with something, i cant see what it is but i figure he was scratching his paws or something. so then he starts barkin a little and i look at him, and he's playing with a beetle! i say "Pete, No!" the beetle was still alive so i grabbed a couple napkins and squish him, and then threw him away. i sat back down and a couple minutes later i started feeling bad that i killed the bug. now i wish i had just let him outside instead of killed him. is it weird that i feel guilty for killing a bug? not even a pretty bug like a lady bug, but a beetle.

Lol you're funny.

No, there's nothing wrong with feeling remorse for killing something that wasn't bothering you. In fact, more humans should feel remorse for hurting other living things. It's a good quality to have. Good on ya! :)

hey AJ you not alone with killing crawlers EWW

i kills spiders i hate them

Last edited:
moonflower said:
hey AJ you not alone with killing crawlers EWW

i kills spiders i hate them

i dont kill spiders, im too afraid. i get someone else to get rid of the spiders.

AJ said:
i dont kill spiders, im too afraid. i get someone else to get rid of the spiders.

LOL you're just like me.. Spiders scare me too. I feel the same way when I kill little bugs but I think in the back of my head that there are plenty of others out there. :whistle:

RebelGirl said:
LOL you're just like me.. Spiders scare me too. I feel the same way when I kill little bugs but I think in the back of my head that there are plenty of others out there. :whistle:

Count me in too sweetie, I'm scared of spiders too, and can't even kill ONE!

LOL

Back to the topic:

Aw AJ, it shows you have a good heart, me, I would kill a cockroach in a heartbeat but I won't feel bad afterwards

what did that poor little bug ever do to you?

just kidding....don't sweat the small stuff. The bug is in a better place now instead of your carpet ;)

At least you had a gut to kill a beetle, which I cannot do and I won't either, I'm too frighten with all different type of insects. I would just scream and have someone else kill it, but the bad news is that my son refused to take care of the spiders. :(

lol, there's more bug then any other living organism in the world so you can relax, one dead bug won't cause a mass extinction.

i dont feel bad because it was just a bug. i feel bad because it was living. at one point in time it was a living creature, and then i killed it.

AJ said:
i dont feel bad because it was just a bug. i feel bad because it was living. at one point in time it was a living creature, and then i killed it.

Do you have any idea of how great a bumper sticker you just made with that quote? Reminds me of the Deep Thoughts that used to be on Saturday Night Live.

Back