In a bad spot

Really sorry to hear that, hon. Trans life is tough. What about hostels in the area? There's also a couple of couch surfing websites out there you can Google. If the issue is money, Craigslist also has a section called "gigs" that has people post all sorts of short tasks you can do. For example, I once saw an ad for someone to come to their house and put together some furniture for $20 because they were too lazy.

~ Audrey Arndt, hearing, ITP student

Honestly, I'm about to just give up out here and head back to Virginia as I'm not having any luck on the job front at all and I'm tired of barely getting by out here on the charity of others. I don't like feeling like I'm imposing and I'm doing that big time just to get by.

Tally up another major life failure for me. :'(

It is not a failure...don't give up. Even if you go back to VA, still try to land a job in Nevada from va

No matter what I try to succeed in this life, I just find closed doors and rejection. I'm sick and tired of dealing with it. I have wants and needs in my life, but I'm not given the opportunity to earn the money to pay for my wants and needs.

Not even restricted to employment, but relationships too, among other things. Life has and always will have a boot at my throat and this life is one sick and vicious little circle.

No matter what I try to succeed in this life, I just find closed doors and rejection. I'm sick and tired of dealing with it. I have wants and needs in my life, but I'm not given the opportunity to earn the money to pay for my wants and needs.

Not even restricted to employment, but relationships too, among other things. Life has and always will have a boot at my throat and this life is one sick and vicious little circle.

Tell me about it...it's good to blow off steam....you gotta keep pluggin' on....Go for a run and exhaust yourself....then maybe get a little sleep....remember, tomorrow's another day, another struggle, sure!....But only cowards quit.....Be strong...you can't be weak in these times.

Tell me about it...it's good to blow off steam....you gotta keep pluggin' on....Go for a run and exhaust yourself....then maybe get a little sleep....remember, tomorrow's another day, another struggle, sure!....But only cowards quit.....Be strong...you can't be weak in these times.

I can no longer run as the army messed up my knees. I have access to alcohol and pot, which alcohol does nothing but pot does help a bit.

do you have YMCA(not village people)most big cities do over the world...or explain to Quackers they put people up and creed or sexualthing about it

I can no longer run as the army messed up my knees. I have access to alcohol and pot, which alcohol does nothing but pot does help a bit.

Do you get or have you filed for any benefits to the Army for your knees?.....

And alcohol and pot are not a "fixer upper"...it's just a crutch...a weak way out, if I must say....and at the end of the day...you'll be farther "down".

Perhaps call the Crisis Center....maybe they can get someone to help you figure all of this out??...Even some people admit themselves into a Mental Health Hospital (we have many here)...and they get help there and counseling. There is help out there...you just gotta find it.

Giving up should not be an option for you!

And alcohol and pot are not a "fixer upper"...it's just a crutch...a weak way out, if I must say....and at the end of the day...you'll be farther "down".

Perhaps call the Crisis Center....maybe they can get someone to help you figure all of this out??...Even some people admit themselves into a Mental Health Hospital (we have many here)...and they get help there and counseling. There is help out there...you just gotta find it.

Yes, I agree with you.

Saavik, I believe that you are better off to stay in Nevada or California - more opportunities.

even go further west to Washington (Seattle) or Oregon (Portland)- both have big deaf communities and trans communities from what I've heard. Atlanta too. But yes- ditto- if you do wind up back in Virginia- keep up the hunt for something in Nevada or even other states. I'm more or less in the same boat- living with relatives until I can find something and move OUT (much to the chagrin of my mother...)

do you have YMCA(not village people)most big cities do over the world...or explain to Quackers they put people up and creed or sexual thing about it

I'm not sure the YMCA would put up someone who is legally female, wouldn't I have to go to the YWCA? I have no idea and doesn't it cost money?

I tried in Virginia to get into the VA and got so lost and nobody there tried to help me out, so I abandoned that plan. But they owe me for my knees and ears.

I've been sleeping on a friend's couch this whole weekend and drinking wine, which was enjoyable. I did abstain from pot today, because the stuff my roommate got is super strong and I'm not ready for that stuff yet.

I've looked for help, but the only help I can find is individuals in the trans community, but even they get tired of letting me sleep on their couch or a floor while I fail to find a job.

I did manage to get signed up in Nevada for healthcare thanks to the affordable care act and it isn't going to cost me anything, but lacks dental and vision plans, but will let me start HRT hopefully soon (If they actually accept me).

Yes, I agree with you.

Saavik, I believe that you are better off to stay in Nevada or California - more opportunities.

California would be cool, but I don't have anything out there, I know nobody there. It's Nevada or Virginia.

even go further west to Washington (Seattle) or Oregon (Portland)- both have big deaf communities and trans communities from what I've heard. Atlanta too. But yes- ditto- if you do wind up back in Virginia- keep up the hunt for something in Nevada or even other states. I'm more or less in the same boat- living with relatives until I can find something and move OUT (much to the chagrin of my mother...)

Again, I don't know anyone up there, I knew of one person out here, went to a trans meeting at a LGBT center, which put me in contact with a few people, which allowed me to have some help, but they tire of my failing quickly and the situation turns sour.

I only have until 10 February to find another place if my plans don't work, then I face a 2000 mile drive back east.

In some communities (like ours) they are called Family Y Centers rather than separate YWCA and YMCA.

Try again to find the VA hospital. Some of them also offer homeless and job services.

Wow man you got a raw deal, hope things work out for you!

In some communities (like ours) they are called Family Y Centers rather than separate YWCA and YMCA.

Try again to find the VA hospital. Some of them also offer homeless and job services.

Reba, you certainly know more about these than I do; but I had been thinking that what happened in one location does not mean the same treatment across the country.

Also there is the old but true saying that you never know until you ask. If the answer does happen to be no you are no worse off than before. But, there might be a surprising amount of help available.

Reba, you certainly know more about these than I do; but I had been thinking that what happened in one location does not mean the same treatment across the country.
That's why I say "some."

Also there is the old but true saying that you never know until you ask. If the answer does happen to be no you are no worse off than before. But, there might be a surprising amount of help available.
That's right. :)

Saavik- I really hope something goes right for you soon. I certainly understand the bit about people 'tiring' of providing a place to stay (I would never...); I'm amazed and lucky so far that my family hasn't tired of it (actually my mother would rather I DO stay here :P No Mom...). I wish I knew what to do for you.

Keep your head up & keep on truckin'

I'm so close to giving up. I got a response from Pizza Hut a few days ago saying they might have a position open for me there, so I waited and didn't hear anything back, so I called in and was told they aren't hiring and I should check back in a few weeks.

I don't even want to work at that place, but money is money, but apparently nobody is hiring. Between bouncing around between people's places to just have a roof over my head and the fact I see two friends that are a couple, I also feel super lonely in this world. I'm tired of not being able to begin HRT and seeing the results I really want.

I went out with that couple to play a gps based game, which was a big event and realised that not only am I useless since I'm hard of hearing in the hearing world, but my injuries incurred from my time in the army (walking caused severe pain in the knees and right hip) and being considered a freak, even by some in the LGBT community by being trans, to put the cherry on top, I have no marketable job skills.

Do I really have a reason to exist? If I could start HRT today, I wouldn't even think about banking sperm for potential future use as experience has taught me that nobody will ever love me, and the honest truth that I can't even afford to survive myself, let alone supporting another life in this awful world.

Lets face it, I'm honestly not wanted in this world and you can't survive in it without a source of income and surviving off charity isn't a permanent option.

Saavik - I'm very sorry to hear about what's happening to you now. I see that you have made a difficulty journey to Nevada for a fresh start. What is your goal? I mean.. do you want to be a teacher? set up a business?

Someone recently told me about bnb.com. I don't know if you know about that already. It may be something worth looking into.

Back