In a bad spot

Saavik - I'm very sorry to hear about what's happening to you now. I see that you have made a difficulty journey to Nevada for a fresh start. What is your goal? I mean.. do you want to be a teacher? set up a business?

My goal is just to get a decent paying job that I'm actually able to do, so I can get my own place and start HRT as soon as possible. But that goal doesn't seem likely to ever happen the more I try to make it work.

I'm also feeling the rejection online trying to date and I'm feeling super lonely in the world, but everyone treats me like a freak for being trans, like I can help what I am.

Someone recently told me about bnb.com. I don't know if you know about that already. It may be something worth looking into.

That only brings up a bed and breakfast site. :S

My goal is just to get a decent paying job that I'm actually able to do, so I can get my own place and start HRT as soon as possible. But that goal doesn't seem likely to ever happen the more I try to make it work.

I'm also feeling the rejection online trying to date and I'm feeling super lonely in the world, but everyone treats me like a freak for being trans, like I can help what I am.

oh I see. you said you have no marketable skill but.... your bad injury does limit your ability since you have MP background.

I hope you find your way out of this difficulty.

Maybe I should just go back to Virginia, there really isn't anything waiting in Virginia for me, no opportunities or prospects, but there doesn't seem to be anything here either.

Maybe I should just go back to Virginia, there really isn't anything waiting in Virginia for me, no opportunities or prospects, but there doesn't seem to be anything here either.

Only you can make that decision...good luck!

Maybe you’re trying to tackle too many things at once, which is overwhelming you?

Try setting one realistic goal at a time. That is, don't try to find a job, HRT, and a life-long love all at one time. You're discouraged in trying to find a date but honestly don't you think you'd have better prospects at that after you get established in a job and a place to live? Don't set yourself up for discouragement.

Have you totally tapped out all your veteran resources?

As of Monday, I have to leave the flat I've been staying in and unless I can find local help, I have to either live in my car..again or go back to Virginia. If I go back to Virginia, there are zero trans resources back there and I end up living back in my parent's dump of a house, no job, no anything.

I'm not going to lie, I am super depressed right now and have been as George Carlin put it, thinking about "Biting the big bazooka". My life has always been hard and I wish for once it wouldn't be. I just want to feel right and normal for once, like it seems everyone else does.

As of Monday, I have to leave the flat I've been staying in and unless I can find local help, I have to either live in my car..again or go back to Virginia. If I go back to Virginia, there are zero trans resources back there and I end up living back in my parent's dump of a house, no job, no anything.

I'm not going to lie, I am super depressed right now and have been as George Carlin put it, thinking about "Biting the big bazooka". My life has always been hard and I wish for once it wouldn't be. I just want to feel right and normal for once, like it seems everyone else does.
No, you don't want to bite the big bazooka. You're not a quitter.

Life is very down for you right now but you're young enough to overcome that.

Try to prioritize and resolve one situation at a time.

You have many people pulling for you at AD. We have faith that you can make it. It just takes time. Anything worthwhile takes time and struggle. Don't give up.

:hug:

Saavik, if you are really desperate, don't be afraid to ask for help.

Wish I could help. I have several trans friends, but they all live in Boston so the resources they know won't help you much.

I strongly recommended you to visit inpatient psychiatric unit at hospital and they will try to help and support you.

I rather go to psychiatric unit over stuck with abusive family or unstable family environment that cause severe depression with suicidal thought.

I just want to feel right and normal for once, like it seems everyone else does.

Well you know what's kind of surprising is even the "normal" people have problems too. Just check out this site, whitewhine.com thoes people have nothing to complain about and yet look at them whining about waxing their yacht or being unhappy with their maid.

Of course I'm not making light of your situation, I wouldn't be one happy camper driving all that way only to face the possibility of giving up and starting over again somewhere else.

Going off a tangent, you might want to check out these links on case studies of suicide as well as spirituality and proof of afterlife:

The Three Classifications of Suicide Near-Death Experiences

Suicide Near-Death Experiences and Research

Evidence for the Afterlife- Children who remember past lives.

and if you have a lot of time check out this interesting text on proof of afterlife: http://www.victorzammit.com/book/4thedition/4thedition.pdf

Hope that helps!

I strongly recommended you to visit inpatient psychiatric unit at hospital and they will try to help and support you.

I rather go to psychiatric unit over stuck with abusive family or unstable family environment that cause severe depression with suicidal thought.

That is an option, but I don't trust it. What would become of my car or everything I own in said car while I am there? Does it cost me money? What can they actually do for me aside from locking me up somewhere?

Sadly, I know of no one in Nevada...and I'm here in Florida....have you tried the Salvation Army?...Just for food and a place to lay down ur head?....Sorry I'm not any help here...we're all pulling for you and hoping something positive transpires for you.....

I'll have to dig it up from my friend's page but I could swear there is (or was) a deaf LGBT site/page that allowed for people to offer rooms etc or ask for rooms or a place to stay. Maybe that might help at least temporarily for your situation. I'll look tomorrow and see what else I can dig up.

Not trying to sway what you do, if you go back to VA or stay, but just be careful if you do travel back to VA and preferably wait out the bad weather out this way now ...

Back