I'm tired of sharing Deaf events on my personal wall

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
People don't bother asking me whether we would go together. They're interested for their own personal reasons which include credit for their class if they go. I'm tired of helping by sharing those events. If people care enough, they would make plans to hang with me before or after events.

Should I continue to share those events if people don't want to hang out with me? That's an important question. I don't think people know me well enough. They perk up whenever I share those events. They're otherwise silent.

Personally, I think if you got treated for depression, lots of those feelings would go away.

You have a relatively active business and social life, but aren't able to enjoy it.

I'm the opposite I share all deaf events but I chose not to go cuz why? I will be bored there but I do that for my friends who need to know cuz some doesn't have VP or emails to email them about so facebook is only way I can do for them.

If you're not feeling good about doing this anymore you should stop. There is no needs to let people made you feel this way . Yes ,people do use other people to get want they need and give nothing back in return , they're very self centered people and you're a very kind caring person.
I am sorry to hear this is happening to you .

I think Bot put it better than me she right and that good advice Del..Everything can look dark when feel depressed hang in there

Derek, why don't you ask someone to go with you? Your a nice guy, maybe others are shy and waiting for you to ask them. Never know until you try, right?

How about invited a friend, some one close so the people who only want to 'hang' at the event can go on their own way and you and a good friend hang out all day. Or just not post, if people really want to go they will find out when the events are themselves

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

Do you have family and financial commitments that keep you in Chicago because big world out there.Volanteer service overseas are crying out for deaf people teach signing show families how deaf can and do live productive and ordinary lives you be ideal.The Pacific islands need people urgently NZ have asked.Australia the native Australians deaf have awful time.Deaf community have awful lives in many counties they need people like you.Have deaf student from oversea live with you I hope to soon.
You young man that can give a lot to the world and we only young once

Do you have family and financial commitments that keep you in Chicago because big world out there.Volanteer service overseas are crying out for deaf people teach signing show families how deaf can and do live productive and ordinary lives you be ideal.The Pacific islands need people urgently NZ have asked.Australia the native Australians deaf have awful time.Deaf community have awful lives in many counties they need people like you.Have deaf student from oversea live with you I hope to soon.
You young man that can give a lot to the world and we only young once

Yeah ,I didn't have a lot of friends in my home state, Massachusetts and when I moved to California I made friends a lot faster . People were a lot friendly in Ca. than in Ma.

things can look black.Having no commitments even no money can be freedom ticket.Derck got degree in deaf studies and world crying out for people like dereck..Also was reading about third world countries wanting bikes people put them together it said be ideal for those stuck in back of nowhere..What great thing teach people who be thrown on dung hill a trade and signing even some IT..in return he have somewhere to stay food and great experience.The Quakers always looking for people like dereck and religion not a factor.
Had my life over again I do that I met quite a few that have done that.

things can look black.Having no commitments even no money can be freedom ticket.Derck got degree in deaf studies and world crying out for people like dereck..Also was reading about third world countries wanting bikes people put them together it said be ideal for those stuck in back of nowhere..What great thing teach people who be thrown on dung hill a trade and signing even some IT..in return he have somewhere to stay food and great experience.The Quakers always looking for people like dereck and religion not a factor.
Had my life over again I do that I met quite a few that have done that.

Yes Derck has a lot he can offer , and he has a great of humor .

As I've got older, people seem to gather based on mutual interests whether it's going to Deaf events, Church, local bar, bowling league etc. That has been my observation. It's not often I get a private invite to hang out with someone or a group of people before or after an event.

People don't bother asking me whether we would go together. They're interested for their own personal reasons which include credit for their class if they go. I'm tired of helping by sharing those events. If people care enough, they would make plans to hang with me before or after events.

Should I continue to share those events if people don't want to hang out with me? That's an important question. I don't think people know me well enough. They perk up whenever I share those events. They're otherwise silent.
If it's not too much trouble, I would suggest continuing posting events. Informing people who might be interested in attending is a positive action.

The key is, when you do post, have no expectations about the results. It's your choice to post the information; it's the other person's choice whether or not to attend or contact you.

If you can post event information without caring about results, that will make you free.

Back