Icing or Cream ??

types of topping on cake

• icing

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • cream

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • neither/other (please post on what other kinds of frostings u like)

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Mizzou

Reaction score
There is two different kinds of cake that has icing or cream. Do you guys like ?? Which one....

I like ICING myself but today, I ate the cake with cream and mmmmm it is just whip cream! lol

mmmmmmmmmmmm!!! i would like pick cream so i can put cream on my babe's so i can :lick: mmmmmmmmmm!!! sowwy i talk :naughty: !!!

I prefer icing. It makes the cake taste better. You can cut the cake better if it's topped with icing instead of whipped cream. If you buy cake from your local grocery store, it's usually topped with whipped cream so they can sell it cheap. After a day or two, it begins to lose its flavor. However, icing flavor lasts longer and is very savoring in your mouth. That's why I prefer icing.

I like Icicing.. Its good on Cakes taste alot better and makes u horny in a way.. :lol: forget me.. dont pay no attention to me.. Im just being werid...

I voted! WHEE I AM THE SECOND VOTER!

(ooh, by the way a tad off-topic- I AM A REGISTRATED VOTER! WHEE!)

Royal Icing cake decorations is my hobby, I like making flowers out of sugar icing pastes for wedding and christening cakes. It is better than whipped cream!!!!!

I voted for Icing... love icing... but yet... sometimes it makes me sick if i eat too much frosting... oh well.. but YUMMY!!!

just had a b-day.. and my day care provider made me b-day cake.. it's good :D

I chose icing cos it has much more flavouring in it than cream. I find cream rather bland and the texture, ugh... :ugh:

My mom runs a catering business in Phoenix, Arizona. She makes many kinds of icings and cremes for the cakes. It depends on the cake, seasons and the weather. There is a creme frosting that is almost like whipped creme, but it is not whipped creme. The creme frosting is great for Spring and Summer. The regular cake icing is good for Fall and Winter. Also, if you want to have decorations on your cake and you are going for the elaborate kind, then icing would be the way to go. For me, I prefer the either the creme frosting or a fruitspread on the cake.

Deaf258 - What about the popular choice of cake covering in Utah, Jello?

Ate this strawberry cake with Strawberry Jello covering and it was pretty good. Also had this vanilla cake with raspberry jello covering. :drool:

Out of the two choices of cream or icing, I prefer icing, but it depends on the icing though. Some people make it waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too sweet.

Jello topping is good and is quite popular for cakes made at home, but it is not that popular with professional bakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
kuifje75 said:
Deaf258 - What about the popular choice of cake covering in Utah, Jello?

Ate this strawberry cake with Strawberry Jello covering and it was pretty good. Also had this vanilla cake with raspberry jello covering. :drool:

Out of the two choices of cream or icing, I prefer icing, but it depends on the icing though. Some people make it waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too sweet.

Yes there is vary people use the icing less sweet, some will too sweet. I would eat less sweet or i will be sick with too sweet. rme

jello sounds great!

Back