How to clean a pot after I cooked the rice?

webexplorer

Reaction score
How can I clean my stainless steel pot?

I cooked my Basmati rice. The rice stain is on the bottom of the pot. I tried to wash off the stain with soaps, plastic brush, and green scrub.

Pour some vinegar into a saucepan and leave it soak overnight...

NO boil or whatever... but just leave it soak overnight... and then rinse with hot water and then clean and dry with cloth...

How can I clean my stainless steel pot?

I cooked my Basmati rice. The rice stain is on the bottom of the pot. I tried to wash off the stain with soaps, plastic brush, and green scrub.

Baking soda! :) and wash it with a cloth!

Hey, next time u should buy a nonstick pan. I guess, it's better for your rice.

Your funny, but what I believe is that it is heat process where they apply non-stick "paint" on pots and pan, then bake it to specific temperature to bond them onto stainless surface.

I can do research and find out

Non stick..... ?? Makes me wonder, how they got that non-stick ..to stick to the pan. :giggle:

Despite what liebling mentioned, I usually refill it with water and salt, then reboil at a slower pace. After most of it is dissolved, clean as usual. Adding vinegar to this mixture just might give it a kick, gotta try that.

Despite what liebling mentioned, I usually refill it with water and salt, then reboil at a slower pace. After most of it is dissolved, clean as usual. Adding vinegar to this mixture just might give it a kick, gotta try that.

I have done that! Especially when I burn the rice! :oops:

I either use my Iron skillets, or stainless steals. I do not have a problem with my food sticking to the skillets, or pots.

Just gotta know how to do it. ;)

I mean saucepan or pot whatever or u can use an automatic non-stick rice cooker.

Oh, that's great! I will take your advice. Actually, I have to eat the leftover rice for tomorrow.

I would not use a non-stick pan because the rice need to be boiled with water for four people. I cover the pot to steam inside it for about five minutes.

Off subject:

I am surprised that some people don't wash off the rice with water. I always pour the water out of the rice and refill the water in it about six times to wash off the dirty water. I would say "1/4" of water and "1/2" of rice in the pot if three or four people. Boil it for about five minutes with must cover it, and turn heat lower (warm) for 10 minutes for the rice to raise inside the pot. (i.e. ideal for cooking a popcorn) Then, the food is ready.

Do you think that I could put some tofu in the rice? I haven't tried it.

I mean saucepan or pot whatever or u can use an automatic non-stick rice cooker.

Oh, I see the automatic non-sticker rice cooker. Hmm. I could use that if I have one. I could get that one if I have many people at my house. Good idea!

Oh, I see the automatic non-sticker rice cooker. Hmm. I could use that if I have one. I could get that one if I have many people at my house. Good idea!
I have one, and it cooks perfect rice, and is very easy to clean. I don't have to keep an eye on it constantly. When it's done, it shuts off the cooking. Nothing sticks. It also keeps the rice warm.

They come in various sizes.

I have done that! Especially when I burn the rice! :oops:

I either use my Iron skillets, or stainless steals. I do not have a problem with my food sticking to the skillets, or pots.

Just gotta know how to do it. ;)

Easy on the heat! LOL I usually use instant bags, but for straight cooking, get it boiling, then cover and simmer. It takes a while, but if you get stuck on rice especially hardened and burned on, you're using too much heat.

Easy on the heat! LOL I usually use instant bags, but for straight cooking, get it boiling, then cover and simmer. It takes a while, but if you get stuck on rice especially hardened and burned on, you're using too much heat.

Bring rice, water, and salt to a boil, turn heat to low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Works every time!

As far ascleaning a pot that has anything stuck to it, like SOB said...I put the pan on the burner and get it hot, add water (creates steam and loosens stuck on food), and then boil for a few minutes. Washes right up after that.

non-stick rice cooker? Interesting...

I have electric glass-ceramic plate. First boil the water then add rice and switch heat off and leave it boil continue for approx 20 minutes (glass ceramic plate is still hot when I switch heat off). I really have no problem with stainless steel saucepans... For frying pan, I prefer to use non-stick. It´s all.

Yes, that´s right S.O.B. and Jillio

Fair & friendly warnings: watch out for using non-stick general frying pans. I think it applies for pots as well, but seeing how most people don't overkill their cooking pots.

They can only be used up to a certain boiling point until past that, toxins will be coming out of the chemical composition as a result of combustion (and decomposition for the aged). Then, into your food, without you knowing.

Maximum temperatures vary from pan to pan, likely the higher quality and more expensive ones can sustain more beating.

For nonstick pans, see if you can avoid using any chemical agent at all, usually just tap water left in it overnight will do the trick enough if you have a better pan. By the next day you should be able to remove all stuck rice with a paddle of some sort.

Source:
<- (almost) 7 days a week rice eater ;)

Bring rice, water, and salt to a boil, turn heat to low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Works every time!

20 minutes? OK, I'm equally guilty as well! LOL Might not be a men's thing, but I sure learn quite a bit from other posts like yours! :)

Do you think that I could put some tofu in the rice? I haven't tried it.

Did you think about buying an advanced rice cooker? I go with Zojirushi for all these years, never lets expectations down and cooks rice the way you want it.

Some of the current models are at their site, zojirushi.com. They cook rice in just any way you want it, for black rice, lentils w/ rice, red bean rice, balsamic rice.. whatever you want to name it. It can also do that porridge stuff and soups.

You got the concept to asian cooking of white rice! Interesting you have this down, are you Asian?
We always rinse the water first batch to soak and clean.. then pour it out and refill it once more.

RE: about the Tofu thing.
Are you talking about raw supermarket tofu?
I haven't ever attempted this but from cooking sense it would sound to me that the raw tofu cooked with rice will yield weird results, the tofu should probably become fragmented or "shredded" by the time rice is done cooking.
Unless you add some texture or substance into the tofu prior to putting it in the rice.

Stick with the pan or wok, imo!
Use corn starch to give tofu a hardened "texture".

Back