How to clean a pot after I cooked the rice?

Fair & friendly warnings: watch out for using non-stick general frying pans. I think it applies for pots as well, but seeing how most people don't overkill their cooking pots.

They can only be used up to a certain boiling point until past that, toxins will be coming out of the chemical composition as a result of combustion (and decomposition for the aged). Then, into your food, without you knowing.

Maximum temperatures vary from pan to pan, likely the higher quality and more expensive ones can sustain more beating.

For nonstick pans, see if you can avoid using any chemical agent at all, usually just tap water left in it overnight will do the trick enough if you have a better pan. By the next day you should be able to remove all stuck rice with a paddle of some sort.

Source:
<- (almost) 7 days a week rice eater ;)

Yes, and keep your pet birds away from the kitchen as the toxic fumes can kill the birds. Source: Learn More About DuPont™ Teflon®

I realized that my sister has the automatic ricer, and she has not used it for a long time so I'll ask her to give me if she doesn't want it.

Many automatic ricers have an aluminum container inside the cooker. I always hate any aluminum containers. It would be nice if it contains a titanium container, and I would be very surprised if a company sells that one. (A titanium pan/pot is extremely expensive - i.e. 200 dollars just for one pan. :roll:) I don't mind to use the stainless steel container which is fine with me, but I never seen one at the stores.

Buffalo, that's true about the Teflon. It's a real bad company. I told my friend many times not to use this pan if he has a bird at his house. About six months ago, he adopted two free birds from a freecycle website. Two months ago, he cooked with his Telfon pan in the kitchen, and his two birds died in five minutes. I was so mad at him for not listening to me. He loved his birds, and he learned his big lesson.

Did you think about buying an advanced rice cooker? I go with Zojirushi for all these years, never lets expectations down and cooks rice the way you want it.

Some of the current models are at their site, zojirushi.com. They cook rice in just any way you want it, for black rice, lentils w/ rice, red bean rice, balsamic rice.. whatever you want to name it. It can also do that porridge stuff and soups.

You got the concept to asian cooking of white rice! Interesting you have this down, are you Asian?
We always rinse the water first batch to soak and clean.. then pour it out and refill it once more.

RE: about the Tofu thing.
Are you talking about raw supermarket tofu?
I haven't ever attempted this but from cooking sense it would sound to me that the raw tofu cooked with rice will yield weird results, the tofu should probably become fragmented or "shredded" by the time rice is done cooking.
Unless you add some texture or substance into the tofu prior to putting it in the rice.

Stick with the pan or wok, imo!
Use corn starch to give tofu a hardened "texture".

I probably would not mix with the tofu and the rice because I think that the taste might be funny. Once a while, I use the tofu for my spaghetti with sauce. I really love the Tofu! I buy it at Stop and Shop in the organic department. I usually buy some tofu at a Chinese market in a very bad area (sorry to say that), and it is pretty far away from my house.

I am a white Caucasian American. My sister's husband is an American Iranian. Her family eat many different rices. They used to buy Basmati rice for many years. Recently, they stopped buying it because a horrible Monsanto Company already altered some rices for genetic modified engineering. Actually, I still eat that rice because I don't know what to buy other rices that do not have the GM. This company never reveals the info for our foods on the table.

Organic rice and GM rice are not the same. For example, moths do not like GM rices so we know this which is not healthy to us. Organic rice does not last long, and this is what we are supposed to eat any organic foods. Monsanto Company "illegally" is in full control and destroy many organic foods because this company wants to keep all the profits around the world, and it has no right to take our original foods.

Back