How Much Does Your State Fine For Texting and Driving?

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
How Much Does Your State Fine For Texting and Driving?

texting_4.jpg

median.jpg

Wow. Expensive fine for Alaska! :shock:

Cheap fine for California :giggle:

http://www.motherjones.com/media/2013/10/numbers-texting-and-driving

So you will still text and drive? :lol: I know you won't, even though you will not be fined if you do. Every states including your state must be strict because it's very dangerous to text and drive. If it's not banned, there are more chances of people getting killed in car accidents definitely.

Last edited:
Thank you for the great link!!! I was more than happy to share this as my Facebook status of the day. I hope that others do the same.

Wow. Alaska. Why so much over there though versus other states

$100 in my state is cheap-o compared to the consequences when someone else gets hurt tho.

should be banned from driving
Most of the states ban it. A few states that don't ban it WILL eventually ban it.

BTW, I believe that NJ is the only state that bans texting while walking across a street.

I see the map says Iowa, $30, but I believe it is actually $120.75.

I think the law is a joke because I still se people texting and driving at the same time because they know they can get away it with my city.

"Those caught texting and driving face fines ranging from $100 for a first offense up to $500 for repeaters. Police will be able to pull over and fine anyone they see texting" this for my state , Ma. The fine goes up for each offense , and I bet it the same of a lot of other states. People will stop texting as soon as they a cop car. So the cops will need to drive more unmarked cars to really get people texting and driving . Now this only happen after there been an accident .

Last edited:
A lot of signs around the high school and the mall. Also have signs that tell you how much it will cost if you run a red light. I don't text and drive or run red lights but these signs definitely get my attention.

I think the guy whose head was found in the back seat paid the fair price.

You can see signs like this in metro city freeways:

Texting-While-Driving-Sign.jpg
Oh, it won't be displayed like that for 24/7. You see, that display can be changed frequently so that's why I never saw it. Most of the times, I notice that it displays "See drunk drivers, call 911" or Amber Alert or traffic info. Maybe one day I will finally see it.

A lot of signs around the high school and the mall. Also have signs that tell you how much it will cost if you run a red light. I don't text and drive or run red lights but these signs definitely get my attention.
There are no street signs like that in my area. I live near Long Beach.

A pathetic $30 and it barely took effect Oct 1st! :roll:

Don't forget about court cost too - cost more than $30 if combined with court cost.

In here, texting while driving may result in $200 ticket because of court cost - $175 court cost + $25 fine = $200. If you opt to have trial so total fine could increase to $400-$500.

Also......if you get in a car accident while texting and driving you can get in big time trouble.

Back