Help With Interpreting

ThatIsInterestingButIDoNotKnowWhyWouldYouWriteItInCamelCase :wave:
What is the purpose of using CamelCase beyond the technical reasons?

What is the purpose of using CamelCase beyond the technical reasons?

st*pidity. I hate when people talk like that, even more when it's in Spanish. Damn them! they should pay for all the damages they cost me LOL but really, it's annoying!

Unfortunately this is going to continue because of the 'textspeak' that everyone uses. It's not only the 'younger' generation doing it. We all use smileys and shortened words.

For college you may want to read your writing like with your original message. A lot of typo's and grammatical errors, at least where I live the interpreting programs require a strong understanding of written and spoken English. One thing you may want to consider as well is where you want to live and work. Even where I live we have a large deaf population but people can only land part time jobs. Even the people who I know who landed full time or more are worried someday they won't have a job. Technology is beating out this job in my opinion, I see in the future a much lower demand.

Becoming and Interpreter

Hi Memories,

Welcome to the forum! :wave: I'm currently working on my ASL-English Interpreting degree in New Jersey. When I applied for the program, they said that I needed to take ASL classes over again so that I could remain proficient in what they were teaching. I had previously taken two ASL classes at another college and I thought that they might transfer, but I can see now why they wanted me to take the classes over again.

I really love the program and the field I'm going to be entering in a few years and being able to work with a very welcoming and friendly culture and community. I just wanted to mention though that the interpreting process takes awhile and that you need to concentrate and practice very hard! Let me know if you need any help! :D

-John

Back