Helmsley Leaves Dog $12 Million in Will

RedheadGrrl

Premium Member
Reaction score
Helmsley Leaves Dog $12 Million in Will

NEW YORK (Aug. 29) - Leona Helmsley's dog will continue to live an opulent life, and then be buried alongside her in a mausoleum. But two of Helmsley's grandchildren got nothing from the late luxury hotelier and real estate billionaire's estate.

Helmsley left her beloved white Maltese, named Trouble, a $12 million trust fund, according to her will, which was made public Tuesday in surrogate court.

She also left millions for her brother, Alvin Rosenthal, who was named to care for Trouble in her absence, as well as two of four grandchildren from her late son Jay Panzirer - so long as they visit their father's grave site once each calendar year.

Otherwise, she wrote, neither will get a penny of the $5 million she left for each.

Helmsley left nothing to two of Jay Panzirer's other children - Craig and Meegan Panzirer - for "reasons that are known to them," she wrote.

But no one made out better than Trouble, who once appeared in ads for the Helmsley Hotels, and lived up to its name by biting a housekeeper.

"I direct that when my dog, Trouble, dies, her remains shall be buried next to my remains in the Helmsley mausoleum," Helmsley wrote in her will.

The mausoleum, she ordered, must be "washed or steam-cleaned at least once a year." She left behind $3 million for the upkeep of her final resting place in Westchester County, where she is buried with her husband, Harry Helmsley, and where the pair have a view of the New York skyline.

She also left her chauffeur, Nicholas Celea, $100,000.

Everything else, including cash from sales of the Helmsley's residences and belongings, reported to be worth billions, she ordered sold and the proceeds given to the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.

Her longtime spokesman, Howard Rubenstein, had no comment.

Helmsley died earlier this month at her Connecticut home. She became known as a symbol of 1980s greed and earned the nickname "the Queen of Mean" after her 1988 indictment and subsequent conviction for tax evasion. One employee had quoted her as snarling, "Only the little people pay taxes."

So, she left millions to the dog. Will the dog have to pay the tax? That's bother me.

Wow, that's a lot of money given to a dog. I guess the dog will just chew the bills up and make a big mess. I never heard of her (must be a secret billioniare?) before, but RIP Leona

Wow, that's a lot of money given to a dog. I guess the dog will just chew the bills up and make a big mess. I never heard of her (must be a secret billioniare?) before, but RIP Leona
Ya never heard of Leona Helmsley before? Oh she was a bitch to her employees and gave them an attitudes.. She also never pay the tax so thats why she went to the jail for couple of years. Now, she decided to give million to her dog instead of grandkids. oh boy!

Ya never heard of Leona Helmsley before? Oh she was a bitch to her employees and gave them an attitudes.. She also never pay the tax so thats why she went to the jail for couple of years. Now, she decided to give million to her dog instead of grandkids. oh boy!

Wow, she is really a mean billioniare! She should have given some to her grandkids. *shrugs*

yeah i remmy her as she was on the news for ont paying taxes.. sheesh.. now she left the money to her dog instead of her grandchildren? shes gone off to the end, seriously! i felt bad for her grandchildren unless there are stories that we dont know and why she did not left them money. Oh well.

I agree with Texan guy! What would the dog do with the $12 million!? No bloody idea, mate.

Ya mean she had a heart? Lol....anyway, regarding the 12 mil she left her dog, look at it this way....she coulda done worse like donating to AGB! Lol....

but 12 million dollars to a dog, the dog will have no idea to do with these amount of cash. I bet, the grandchildren who didn't get anything might, for a bet, rob the money off the dog?

but 12 million dollars to a dog, the dog will have no idea to do with these amount of cash. I bet, the grandchildren who didn't get anything might, for a bet, rob the money off the dog?

Or kidnap the dog and hold it hostage. I wonder whothe dog will leave the money to when it dies?

Back